Kamalika Guha Thakurta returns with Bidaai-article

anna44 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 14 years ago

The very graceful Kamalika Guha Thakurta popular as Gayatri chachi of Kyunki saas bhi kabhi bahu thi is back to team up with Star Plus. The actress will now be seen in one of the two top shows of the channel, Sapna babul ka Bidaai. She will be seen guiding Sadhna in an important cameo on the show.

Says the actress, "I am playing Vidya Shastri, a dance teacher. She is completely dedicated to her art and believes that the youngsters have no respect for the rich art and culture of the country. According to her the younger generation wants quick results and has no respect for the beautiful dance-forms synonymous to our culture. I will play mentor to Sadhna who convinces me to teach her dance for a dance festival. Initially I am hesitant of teaching her but then seeing her conviction, I decide otherwise."

To the uninitiated, Kamalika herself is a trained classical dancer. "Yes, I am trained in classical dance forms so I immediately took fancy to the role. I will be donning a different look that I have not been seen in so far. The look will be of a typical South Indian dancer."

Thakurta's entry will air on Monday, 15 February at 9:00 pm on Star Plus.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Kinny_Lover thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 14 years ago
this has been posted before hasn't it?