Behenein may not be a hit among BBB lovers

JayVed thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Posted: 14 years ago

Since, its from Hats Off...I gave a shot to Behenein. I could not make it up to the third part since I closed the video mid way in part 2.

I can see a lot of effort and BIG money being spent in this show.
There were many improvements in terms of sound and camera smoothness...and I really felt like I was watching a movie rather than a serial...the sounds were very clear, video transitions were movie-like. It seems they have learned a lot after making Khichdi film.

But then here are the top reasons why this show won't woo Baa Bahu audience. It's because:
(1) The show is about upper upper class family. It's not the upper upper class which is the issue but similar concept is already present in other ekta shows where they show huge houses like Mahals and few people living there. Here, the lifestyle is also lavish (house is bigger than Talwars!). and girls don't tell before they leave house.
(2) Didn't felt down to earth concept (Sukh by chance is way better....but none close to BBB)
(3) I doubt this show will ever be able to portray all different faces which BBB was able to show...
(4) They already have two dians in each of the two houses shown!!πŸ˜† BBB had no such evil ❀️

Didn't catch my heart instantly...and it might be same for others as well. But those who like the concept of dians etc like in Etka shows will be happy to one more show and that also from Hats Off Productions Pvt Ltd..!
Edited by JayVed - 14 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

letitgo thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Well Jayved, if u compare any show to BBB u will end up not liking any of the shows from the past or in the future..bcoz BBB is BBB... Its the best in the history of television and will be.

Even i gave the new show a shot as it was from hats off productions... i just watched the 1st episode but could not go further for the 2nd or 3rd... as it didnt have that charisma to pull me towards it.

the set and people get up was something we have seen in n no of shows.
Nothing different in it .  It didnt look like a show from HOP .....
I am disappointed....

Well, as ratna pathak shah told in her interview that for a talented person the initial phase will be a hit but the real work comes to pull the effort and make a stand after the success.

the initial success for HOP wa khichdi, BBB and SvsS ....i dont think the success continued after that.
instantkhichdi thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
I watched it a bit, but i didnt like it.
the promos were nicely presented, but they resembled the ones of shree.. Just like in shree promos, a bad omen sort of thing is shown, similar is shown in case of behnein..
but this show if gets to top position, star plus may give BBB extension (as they will not then like to spoil relations with production house to satisfy their greed)Edited by instantkhichdi - 14 years ago
sjain thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 4
no other show can replace BBB........it is unique ...and superb !!
-Kash- thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
I totally agree with you Jayved, you've actually snatched the words out of my mouth, I decided to give it a try just because its JD's show, somehow I got through the 1st episode too, but just couldn't stand it anymore, it doesn't have the same heartwarming feeling JD's shows always give. Even if you think about it shows like Jassuben, Ek Packet Umeed, etc. weren't great hits, but they did have some JD essence and how do I describe it, like a different kind of flavor in them, but this show felt like you were watching just another show, it didn't arise any emotions in me as a viewer, and I compared that to how I feel watching BBB, you could actually feel the characters and live through them right from episode 1, so its not a matter of giving the show time to develop. BBB connected from the 1st minute of its telecast in 2005, Behnein is a big disappointment!
I do watch Sukh By Chance, its a good show, not great esp when compared to BBB, but still its something fresh and you do need some kind of show to watch on the weekdays lol!
I must say the even SBC is way better than Behnein despite the differences in both show's production values and all, but ofcourse there is nothing and will never be anything like Baa Bahoo aur Baby!
JayVed thumbnail

Actually, the show Bhulay Bhi Hum Bhalay Bhi Hum was not bad..in fact I liked it a lot....it was something like say Sarabhai where there were people who thought bad of others...but they acted very funnily, comedy was always there in BBHBBH associated with all bad characters and one big thing was they never won in whatever they did....!πŸ˜†

Two more things: I think that serial to me at least showed the most beautiful brother-sister relationship ever...(probably better than Gato-Baby...I love Gato..but it is due to Baby that jodi is behind) anyways...

And also I felt the most beautiful so called "Love story" was between Krishna and that bhrmachari Jay. It might sound funny but I never knew what love is but I know it a little after watching BBHBBH. That track was also good. It went like this....the family were discussing Jay's younger cousin brother's wedding and went to see Krishna (the girl who Jay started to like). The rishta becomes final and still Jay and Krishna does not know that it's not them but it's Krishna and Jay's brother's wedding which is decided. Both of them then comes to know and Jay decides to forget her because he feels his family (especially his kaki) is more than his love and he will not let his consin brother's marriage break.......I mentioned this story here because it was so beautiful where Jay keeps family above rather than Jigar who went against his dad. Jigar did realise later but he already did a lot of damage before realizing....Anyway both roles might be good in their positions...but I liked Jay's character.

Even Remote Control was fantastic but got scrapped off..
OK I think I am rediscovering the Hats Off Shows hereπŸ˜† because even Jasuben Jayantilal Family was also good..I like Chandu's jokes..

Only flop serials were Shree and Ek Packet Umeed..(the latter being far more better than Shree)
birju4baby thumbnail
I want BEHNIEN TO BE THE NUMBER ONE SHOW ON TELEVISION BECUASE IF BEHNEIN IS A HIT THEN HATSOFF WILL MAKE PROFIT AND IF HATSOFF WILL MAKE PROFIT , THEN THEY WILL BE ABLE TO INVEST IN SHOW LIKE SUKH BY CHANCE, BAA BAHU AUR BABY  ... AS SIMPLE AS THAT ..

IF ALL THESE STUPID PRODUCERS CAN MAKE MONEY BY MAKING MINDLESS SERIALS .. THEN HATS OFF HAVE A RIGHT TO MAKE MONEY AS WELL THROUGH TEARJERKERS... AFTER ALL THEY ARE IN THE BUSINESS AS WELL ...

AND BEHNEIN IS NOT THAT BAD ..ALL THE GIRLS ESPECIALLY PURVA CAN ACT REALLY WELL ... CASTING IS REALLY GOOD..  

BTW .. if you guys like SBC so much why dont u join the forum and make it more active ..

Readers , please keep signing the petiton ..

instantkhichdi thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
They have come up with shows like behnein and shree for "trp motive" . They themselves might be against the concepts of these shows, but they have understood that only the shows of that kind are able to generate ratings, because Indian viewers lack the ability to differentiate these days that what is good and what is bad.

All the good shows of hats off (apart from BBB1, SVS, Khichdi) ie JJJKJF, RC, EPU, BBHBBH, SBC, BBB2 were not accepted by a larger portion of indian viewers because they were good! (which indian viewers dont like to watch!πŸ˜•)
JayVed thumbnail

I must say Instant Khichdi is right...I think I am beginning to understand the difference between the real Indian (not NRIs) people and Indian values. Indian values have been developed long since ages and current Indian people are developed by western culture, Indian films and cricket (and corruption of course). I have never stayed in India for more than 4 months. But I can say that certain ideals like "not to use someone else's money" as shown in Sukh By Chance and "not bribing" in BBB are not used that much nowadays. People perhaps are a bit attracted to films like Muna bhai, dadagiri, slang language, rishvaat, boy/girl friend concepts and so much. They are different now a days. I am in London and whenever the natives say British values they say it with pride. Perhaps it's not exactly be same with Indians, I might be wrong here. Although things like dadagiri, rishvaat are not regular in UK but the boy/girl friend concept and alcohol is already taking a toll. The government here is spending millions of pounds to spread AIDS awareness and stopping kids drink alcohol. Alcohol prices are rised, smoking is banned, age limit has been raised for drinking..All this makes me think that Indian system of not to smoke, not to drink, to marry once and live happily all are so good rather than face troubles which UK (and US as well) governments are facing. But it's good that western society are improving, but the old wave is hitting eastern end.

One more addition: I feel most people here in IF (and other forums) who love BBB concept do not reside in India. And it is also possible, we don't live in joint families like BBB. So we get attracted to such a wonderful concept. Whereas in India people I guess do live in joint families...don't know about places like Goa and Mumbai (due to space problems) but in Gujarat there are many Joint families. Perhaps, Indian people are so used to that system that they want to see something different. I know it's a shame if that is true....then the old saying is right....."When you are in the ocean of nectar the drop gets bored of that ocean....only when a drop is separated from that ocean..that drop realizing the importance of that ocean"

Babriele thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
You are absolutely right. I just watched 1st part of 1st episode. It is completely like Balaji serials. Heavy make up, jewellery, camera angles, make up (villian's hair was painted so unnaturally) , dialogue delivery. I fully doubt if it really a Hats off production. I did not feel like watching further. Ek packet Ummeed is far better.  I think they want to show that they can also make serials like Ekta and good TRPs. As you said this serial is definitely not for BBB lovers.😭😭