Hats Off Pvt. Ltd. Serials: A closer look

JayVed thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Posted: 14 years ago

2000 - 2002: Khichdi (No other show, FULL concentration on this show) Instant Hit⭐️
2002 - 2003: Instant Khichdi (No other show, FULL concentration on this show) Instant Hit⭐️
2003 - 2005: Sarabhai vs Sarabhai (No other show, FULL concentration on this show) Instant Hit⭐️
2005 - 2007: Baa Bahu Aur Baby Season 1 (No other show, FULL concentration on this show) Instant Hit⭐️
...here's where the problems started

Oct 2007: Pravina left: First blow to BBB Season 1🤢
2007 - mid 2009: 5 Shows came and left without no instant hit

Ek Packet Umeed (not a major success)💔
Shree (not a major success)💔

EDITED: Ok Sorry..these shows were really good and we cannot say that they were not a success:
Remote Control, Jasuben Jayantilal Joshi Ki Joint Family and Bhalay bhi hum Buray bhi hum.

2007-Current: Last part of season 1 and season 2  (Too many shows, No good concentration on BBB) All above junk spoiled BBB script and time, money spent on BBB. To spoil it further all reality shows of Star Plus kicked the weekend BBB episodes.

So the moral of the story is:
(a) Number one: It's always good to focus on very few shows (recommended 1🤓) at a time. No hits are possible by doing multiple shows.
(b) Money which was earned from Khichdi, Instant Khichdi, Sarabhai and BBB Season 1 was kind of little lost in other flop shows. That money should have been used in elevating status of BBB season 2 (well they kind of renovated the house 😆 which was not liked by some viewers. Elevation in terms of story line or bringing some other experienced actors was required.

Edited by JayVed - 14 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

john89 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
yeah so tru. khichdi and instant khichdi were lovely and bbb 2005-07. however i don't find sarabhai so amazing. (sorry guys), i just haven't seen many episodes,seen around 5 episodes, it's good, funny, but khichdi and instant khichdi were much funnier,imo

and another thing, they spent money on khichdi movie. that might have been their initial plan? to make money off the tv serials and get a bit popular and then into movies.

i particularly didn't like this weeks bbb episode, i thought it was wrong. last 2 weeks were amazing.like in the preview it showed rhimjhim leaving the house and suddenly there's a gas tanky leaking gas, and no1 buy rhimjhim realises it? she will save the day and wola she's every1's favourite? i really liked in 2007 era that they thought of good conclusions. there was always something different, but to be honest now the conclusions are week, gudia forgiven cuz of pregnancy (why didn't she faint at the wedding?), hemal forgiven cuz of suicide, jigar cuz of leaving house, and now rhimjhim will be too.
although meenakshi and subodh scene was good, but subodh seeem to have gained a lot of weight, and it lukd funy lol.

i really want bbb to continue, but not a week, feeble form, but a strong form. they can still do it, they are capable, i think. khichdi movie is done, bring back all the usual characters, by that i mean motabhai too, this isn't the motabhai we knew before. and pravin too, he's sticking up for wrong things. jd's become a bit lazy in terms of bbb, he shud come in now. the reason might be that he's already done what he wanted with bbb, to him i think it's over. cuz luk at remote control, that was his dream, it didn't work, so he made sukh by chance (which i don't watch due to the extremely annoying cast).

now another problem is that talwar has gone away, so rhimjhim will definitely stay at their house and jigar will never learn his lesson, soo selfish. send him to us please with rhimjhim. gattu-rekha story is very good too.

i would actually love it, if they do a reset, lol (lost viewers will understand). and get back the whole team and continue from oct 07, that wud be amazing.

anyway sorry for long post. i hope it's true that they don't cancel bbb. it's much better than other shows, i was watching ndtv for a few weeks, jyoti and bandini come together, i swear they gave me bad headache due to crap acting & bad storylines. they can't bring emotions to the shows or comedy, bbb easily does. jyoti's idea of comedy is her laughing senselessly at a not funny thing with her mouth fully open. and in bandini, their' idea of comedy is santu imitating dharamraj (20th time done,). so in short, bbb is better than all other shows, but if the writers focus on this more, they will definitely be successful & we'll all be happy.
letitgo thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Good analysis👍🏼 send this to the hats off productions.
Edited by bhavi20_s - 14 years ago
Purrrfect thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Yes it was a shock to see Praveena and Leela leave the show, but the show itself is so amazing that I never lost interest in it. YES do miss Praveena and Original Leela, but BBB has so much to offer - I just love this show so much - I wish this show was promoted by other channel other than star plus.

BBB IS MY FAVOURITE SHOW AND WILL REMAIN!
gpat1286 thumbnail
you forgot one serial. Kudkudiya House No. 43 which was on Sony TV. First season had Parsi family, with Bathyar Irani, and second season had Dilip Joshi, both seasons were flop.
birju4baby thumbnail

another big difference between shows launched before 2008(when 5 consecutive Hats off shows ) were launched ... and shows launched after it ..is aatish kapadia's writing ... all the new shows including SBC,BBHBBH,Shree ...they are not written by AK .. and  are not even a patch on BBB .. and that is why they can never be compared to BBB ... or can be as succesful ..although dont get me wrong ... I love SBC and BBHBBH was a favorite too..I fought for BBHBBH till the end ..

I think writing wise was ... BBB quality suffered in middle 2008(after anish-dimple wedding) ... and when Jassuben amd Ek Packet Umeed was launched (both serial written by aatish )... 

I think right now BBB is as strong as ever ... I have loved each and every episode of season 2..

M aybe money wise ...BBB might have been affected a bit.. but hats off is not a totally private company anymore ... they are private limited and they can attract investment from outsiders and that is why they can launch somany new serails  ... I personally think that they shud spend more money on Sukh by Chance ...

offcourse it does not help.. when because of money they cant have dimple attend baby's wedding ... BBB is at its best when all members are together and having fun ...

sjain thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 4
I agree ...what u  r saying ....but...apart from pravina's character .... 1 more problem I feel is that .....I luv the simplicity of whole family ...their house ....their simple lifestyle ....attracts me towards them ..with a middle class living..they were shown so happy .....with out any kind of problems or fight between members of family ...but ..I think in season 2 ...they showed them rich with complete different setup.....which according to me was problem .....I want to watch that old simplicity of this show !!!
Edited by sjain - 14 years ago
instantkhichdi thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
BBHBBH was really very good... I liked it....It  was better than sukh by chance.
the only problem that I find with sukh by chance is that it goes monotonous.
Among those 2008 dramas, I only found Remote Control at par with SVS and Khichdi.
For me, Remote Control (both season 1 and season 2-which was left in mid way!), and BBB will remain immortal.
End of BBB will mark closure of a golden era of HOP shows.
I don't know whether they will come with SVS, but still it would not satisfy that BBB thing.

@ JayVed, Shree was an instant hit in terms of trps. It was always in Amap top 10 and TAM top 25!
It always got ratings of 2.5, but it is difficult to understand how shows like shree go popular in india!
instantkhichdi thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
2000 - 2002: Khichdi
2004-2005: Main office tere aangan ki
2004- 2005: Instant Khichdi
2004 - 2006: Sarabhai vs Sarabhai
2005 - 2007: Baa Bahu Aur Baby Season 1

This probably the actual data, the reason for success of SVS and IK being a large gap b/w khichdi and IK-SVS

They ended IK-SVS in order to concentrate on BBB in Jan 2006 (IK ended in dec 2005 most probably)
BBB was a huge success of weekend; and was shifted from 10pm to 9:30 pm in order to further increase the ratings.
JayVed thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
acha acha...

Originally posted by: instantkhichdi

2000 - 2002: Khichdi
2004-2005: Main office tere aangan ki
2004- 2005: Instant Khichdi
2004 - 2006: Sarabhai vs Sarabhai
2005 - 2007: Baa Bahu Aur Baby Season 1

This probably the actual data, the reason for success of SVS and IK being a large gap b/w khichdi and IK-SVS

They ended IK-SVS in order to concentrate on BBB in Jan 2006 (IK ended in dec 2005 most probably)
BBB was a huge success of weekend; and was shifted from 10pm to 9:30 pm in order to further increase the ratings.