Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

MagicLantern thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 14 years ago

After hectic dance rehearsal schedules for 'Nach Baliye 2' (Star One), Hiten Tejwani and wife Gauri Pradhan have decided to take some time off and fly to Europe for a well deserved vacation. "We desperately need a break," states Gauri who is exhausted after juggling two shows at the same time.

She adds, "We had already informed Balaji Telefilms that we will be taking an off as we have been working round the clock in the past few months!" While Hiten and Gauri are both busy with 'Kyunki Saas Bhi Kabhi Bahu Thi' (Star Plus), Hiten is also doing 'Karam Apna Apna' (Star Plus).

Gauri is really looking forward to celebrating Christmas and New Years in Europe. "This is certainly not the first time we are going to Europe together, we have been there before. But this time, I wanted to celebrate the festive season in Europe's many beautiful cities and you can call it our fourth honeymoon," laughs Gauri.

MagicLantern thumbnail
Three and the CityHiten Tejwani, Gauri Pradhan and Mayuri KangoOut-of-towners Pradhan and Kango met through a common friend in 1995 and the television actors hit it off instantly. "We rented a large terrace apartment in Lokhandwala and moved in together," says Kango. Once her boyfriend (now husband) Aditya Dhillon left for the United States, and Gauri began dating Hiten Tejwani, they became a merry threesome. They're always spotted at filmi parties together, but the best part of their evening is usually the period after the party—a quiet meal at a restaurant.

The trio vacations in Goa every New Year. And the Kyunki... couple even joined Kango and her husband for a few days during their honeymoon.

MagicLantern thumbnail
Do opposites attract?

Well, ask Hiten Tejwani and Gauri Pradhan and they would agree whole-heartedly! The two self-confessedly are polar opposite of each other. "I love talking, even to strangers," says Hiten, "She's a little reserved when it comes to that but once she gets to know the person, you wouldn't believe it's the same Gauri." His wife on the other hand, believes she gets bored of people very fast, unlike Hiten.

"In fact, before marrying Hiten, I told him that I hope I won't get bored of him too!" she laughs. Well, doesn't look like she's bored yet 'coz it's now five years since their marriage on April 29, 2004 and the couple are going great guns! Looking back at their five years of togetherness (six-and-a-half if one takes into account the time they were seeing each other), the couple actually can't believe that they have been with each other for that long. "Feels like yesterday, we don't feel it's been that long," says Hiten.

Gauri adds, "It's been a wonderful journey. With Hiten, there's something new to look forward to everyday. I don't need any other form of entertainment when we're together." It was his genuine nature that first attracted her to him and that's what remains the main attraction still. "I can't stand hypocrites, so it was very important for my partner to be a genuine man. We were very sure of each other since the beginning," adds Gauri. Hiten on the other hand, gives an insight into Gauri's nature as he says, "She's like a coconut, hard from outside, soft from inside." But yes, he does think she is a little short-tempered, but that's okay because "I'm patient, so there's a balance," he smiles. And Gauri does give him credit for that too. "I'll give him 100 out of 100 in the understanding department. I think it's me who's a little badly behaved sometimes but that's also because Hiten pampers me a lot," she answers cheekily.

Accepting the other person just the way he or she is, is the key to their successful marriage, they both feel. "The normal perception is that you expect your partner to change for you. But you have to remember that you have married the other person because of the way he or she is," says Hiten. Gauri agrees, "I got into this relationship knowing fully well his positive as well as negative traits. In case of Hiten, there are hardly any negative traits, so I'm not complaining," she laughs.

The couple, who have had their fill of pregnancy rumours in the past, have finally decided to start a family. "Yes, we're planning to have a baby this year. We're spending a lot of quality time together. Let's see when God blesses us," says Gauri.

The duo are also planning to come out with a blog on their anniversary day. "Our fans have really loved us so we thought this was a good way of interacting with our fans," they say. The couple celebrated their anniversary yesterday at Tequila Lounge by cutting a cake. Here's wishing them many more years of happy married life ahead!
jyotika20 thumbnail
thnx for all the articles ght_saajan😊(soory don't know your name)it's always a pleasure to re-read all old articles about GHT ,takes us down memory lane😍
MagicLantern thumbnail

Originally posted by: jyotika20

thnx for all the articles ght_saajan😊(soory don't know your name)it's always a pleasure to re-read all old articles about GHT ,takes us down memory lane😍

so true btw my name is sonu
SunShine_A thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6
thankss fr the articles

gosh these 2 are adorable
Thanks Sonu for the articles 😃 about janu's
Salmanisthebest thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail

{hiten signing autographs}
these r the pix 4m kavyaanjali shoot in hongkong
sorry cudnt remove other actress pic 4m this sorry guys
secret_GHT thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
@tabu 31 thank u so much for the pics.i have never seen them b4.i wish gauri was there
SunShine_A thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6
thankss fr the pics
hiten is looking great in white