Fickleness,thy name is Ridhima!

DMGFan-2b-not2b thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 14 years ago

Yet again, Ridhima proved that she is single minded in her focus, blinkered in her thought processes and selfish in her desires. I know I am being harsh, but being insensitive, vindictive and a bully can't get washed away by blaming someone else's actions for your behaviour! Finally it's you who is accountable for your deeds and words!

I know many will be offended or will at least call me a few names for Ridhima has been through a lot. I accept that. Her world has just been turned topsy turvey. Her father, whom she loved, and whose position she is not averse to using, is suddenly the terrible villain because he has done something which in her understanding has caused her immense heartache even if in his understanding he tried to protect her interests. She never ever stops to think of anyone else point of view, be it Sid, Armaan or Shashank.

She is willing to accuse Shashank of being not being her natural father and hence not loving her enough but what about her? Does she love him enough? Clearly, she has, ever since the adoption discovery, never accepted Shashank as a father wholeheartedly, which finally found expression in her accusation. She's "Shashank's daughter" and it's her right/ privilege to ask "papa" to fire Sid cos Sid did not fall in line with her plan but she is "adopted" when Shashank lied to her about Armaan? Ridhima chooses what is convinient from her own point of view!

Was Shashank flawed in his thinking? Of course he was! Everyone needs to make their own choices and it was Ridhima who needed to decide whether she was willing to live a few moments of happiness with Armaan rather than an incomplete unhappy life without him. But parents always think they know better, try and protect their children from pain and hurt, and Shashank, however, flawed and bigoted about Armaan, has always looked out for Ridhima, in fact much more than he has for Anjali.

If Shashank is to blame for hiding the truth from his daughter, Ridhima is equally to blame for accepting the truth at face value. Her trust and faith in Armaan must have been really fragile for it to have been broken by a few utterances. This was the man who silently bore all her accusations no matter how wild and bizarre and still loved her.... this was the man who staked his life and stood beside her when it seemed that the end was near with a car bomb because he loved her....this was the man who was willing to give up his career by leaving Sanjeevani so that he wouldn't be a painful thorn in her side because he loved her....this was the man who patiently and silently accepted her blow hot blow cold swings till she finally made up her mind and yet loved her with an undiminished intensity....this was the man who would not allow anything to shake his belief that the woman he loved, loved him too....Armaan had his faults but he loved Ridhima unequivocally and never allowed that faith to waver!

Yet when it came to a head, yet again, she was the one who lost faith.. who believed that the man who had gone through so much for her would abandon her... Armaan never let her down, but she, alas, has always let him down.....it is an individual who decides how you allow circumstances to mould you, whether they or you gain the upper hand... it's not Shashank's fault that she became embittered, egoistical and insufferable, and lost faith in love, the choice was entirely hers....

Or maybe the anger directed at Shashank and Padma is actually an outpouring of her angst at and disappointment in herself....finally the realisation that no matter what Shanks and Paddy said or did, she was equally guilty of not keeping the faith! I hope it is, because in that realisation alone, lies Ridhima's redemption!
Edited by DMGFan-2b-not2b - 14 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

TheBlackJaguar thumbnail
I should be hugging you for this post and I will be back with a detailed reply by evening! 🤗
srkbest thumbnail
a very well written post and i agree with you for the most part.
And i think the realization of her own guilt about having the faith in armaan again and again. We will get to see it soon. Today she seemed too broken and angry to think anything straight. But i have a feeling we will get to see the guilt ridden side soon too.
artizia thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
cudnt agree more with you ......

Originally posted by: srkbest

a very well written post and i agree with you for the most part.
And i think the realization of her own guilt about having the faith in armaan again and again. We will get to see it soon. Today she seemed too broken and angry to think anything straight. But i have a feeling we will get to see the guilt ridden side soon too.

Thanks and I hope we get to see that side soon!
nm21 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 2
wow! this is amazing! very well written, an emotive and expresive piece, its admirable how you invoked thought into the readers mind! I.e myself! Thanks so much for the view, it clears so much! x
ash08 thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
So beautifully written!!

Ridhima is a character who has been based on self pity. She is a person of strong likes, dislikes, judgements and accusations. She is the victim in all the situations - whether the situations are a result of her own deeds or others deeds.

Armaan loved her. Thats it. He loved her. No two minds about it. From the minute he sees her in the jungle till the last minute he left her, he was true in his love for her. Ridhima also loves Armaan. But her love wavers along with the way she judges his actions.

But blaming her father - thats a tad too much. Yes, he did not like Armaan-Ridhima relationship in the beginning. But telling him that he behaved that way since she wasnt his own blood - thats hitting below the belt.

She did the same with Armaan - how many times has Ridhima confessed, blamed, confused him? She did it with Sid - not even thinking a minute about her actions and now she is doing it with her parents. But the fact of the matter is these people love her and they will do anything to keep her happy. Armaan and her parents - yes. And now Sid is going along wanting to take care of her and help her in her search for Armaan.

I love the last para you wrote. I just hope this angst and disappointment is a way of her redeeming herself. Or else she will keep blaming everybody else for whatever happens in her life and never look inside herself or realise she herself is responsible for being happy or unhappy - not others or circumstances.

Love,
Ash

Originally posted by: nm21

wow! this is amazing! very well written, an emotive and expresive piece, its admirable how you invoked thought into the readers mind! I.e myself! Thanks so much for the view, it clears so much! x

Thank you, I am glad that you liked the piece....

Originally posted by: ash08

So beautifully written!!

Ridhima is a character who has been based on self pity. She is a person of strong likes, dislikes, judgements and accusations. She is the victim in all the situations - whether the situations are a result of her own deeds or others deeds.

Armaan loved her. Thats it. He loved her. No two minds about it. From the minute he sees her in the jungle till the last minute he left her, he was true in his love for her. Ridhima also loves Armaan. But her love wavers along with the way she judges his actions.

But blaming her father - thats a tad too much. Yes, he did not like Armaan-Ridhima relationship in the beginning. But telling him that he behaved that way since she wasnt his own blood - thats hitting below the belt.

She did the same with Armaan - how many times has Ridhima confessed, blamed, confused him? She did it with Sid - not even thinking a minute about her actions and now she is doing it with her parents. But the fact of the matter is these people love her and they will do anything to keep her happy. Armaan and her parents - yes. And now Sid is going along wanting to take care of her and help her in her search for Armaan.

I love the last para you wrote. I just hope this angst and disappointment is a way of her redeeming herself. Or else she will keep blaming everybody else for whatever happens in her life and never look inside herself or realise she herself is responsible for being happy or unhappy - not others or circumstances.

Love,
Ash

Well said! She is a character of strong likes and dislikes but not of strength...

Armaan and her parents accepted and loved her for what and who she was, no judgements, but unfortunately she is never able to do that. Like you said, her devotion / respect / love / affection for people is a function of her assessment of them on her morality's yardstick... she finds it difficult to let go of things and nurses them till they find an outlet when the other person's at their most vulnerable.

But there is a side to her that is soft hearted and can be loving – one just hopes that side reasserts itself!
letitgo thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
👏 Beautifully written