JawSoumya thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 14 years ago
Tte--tte with Jyoti Gauba

Jyoti Gauba is a known face for commercials and AD Arena. It's been years that she has played perfect mom or perfect wife for nth number of brands and achieved the landmark of completing more than 300 commercials.
She has even tried her hand in serials and certainly she is sailing smoothly. She is currently busy with the shooting of her role of Yashoda in Swarg and post production affair of film Idiot Box. The film is slated to release on 15th January, 2010. She talks to us about the filming experience and more.

Can you tell us a bit on your journey till date in television?
So far so good!!! I have been blessed to have such a career overall. I'd like to thank all well-wishers, my mom Mrs.Kamal Juneja and my dad Mr.Gopal Juneja, my kids Gautam and Gaurav and my friends who have been with me through out the journey. And producer of Swarg.

Sometimes I feel…the life I lead is more than a dream. I have been acting in ads ever since 1998 and I have already crossed the 100-century mark in advertising field.

How does it feel to advertise for brands like Lifebuoy, Wheel, and Dettol?
As I said earlier, it is like a dream come true. I have endorsed  the products which I could relate to, as a wife and as a mother. And then offers kept flowing. I still can't believe that I have advertised for so many brands. Many renowed directors like Prahlaad Kakkar, Priyadarshan, Abhinav Deo, Kunal Kapoor, repeated me several times in various products. I have appeared in Henko detergent, Vicks vaporub, LG Refrigaretor, Kinley Water and many more ads.

So how did television happened?
TV has provided me larger premises to showcase my acting skills. It was so difficult to in act likes of that in my real life as well as in commercials. I have handful of experience including serials like Jab Love Hua, Antariksha, Parivaar and Waaris. And now Swarg is keeping me busy.

You are playing the character of Yashoda and it is doing really well so what kind of responses did you get from the show?
God's grace my work as well as the serial is well-appreciated by the audience. And hope this continues. We the entire team of Swarg has worked immensely hard to see this day.

But the serial Swarg seems to take away your maximum time and energy?
I have to report for 25 days every month for Swarg. I am very happy to enact the role of Yahsoda. The serial has taken a 20-year leap and I started from 22 year old, now playing 42 year old lady and a mother of 20 year old son.105 episodes have already been telecast so far.

How you manage your family, kids, commercials, serials and work over load?
At initial stages, it was! But eventually one learns to tackle the pressure. I have been blessed to have such a family. They have been very supportive in all aspects.

So any message to your fans?
Nothing just enjoys your life and watches my serial and also pleases love and respects your parent they are very important in individuals life.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Rach. thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 14 years ago

Thanks a ton for this article dear !