Posted: 14 years ago
Not a comparision topic, hence no poll. It may seem like it though. So I just watched 3 Idiots, I also watched Kurbaan, Kaminey and Whats your Rashee. Kareena and Priyanka both gave good performances in their respective 2. Which one stood out to you and why? Who do you think has more chances of taking the popular awards? The one hyped for her straightforwardness and relationships or the one hyped for her diplomacy and short dresses? Let's face it the other actresses are already out of the running this year for popular awards.Edited by xetaxeta - 14 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

ajooni thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Kareena made tremendous gains in 2009.

Biggest relief for her

is getting rid of the jinx tag.

she bagged Ra1 ,stepmom,Agent Vinod,Dhruv(Farhan says that it is on)etc.

Priyanka has yet to make gains.The VB movie is a challenge but  will release only in 2011 as it 's starting only in June.Don 2 will be seen in 2011.

She probably has some plans to keep herself occupied in the next few months🤔

Priyanka may deserve awards this year,but, as she swept all ,last year chances are that she may not get many..

With Luck By Chance and Wake Up Sid, honestly I thought it would be Konkana's year, but alas I was proven wrong again. Eh, it doesn't matter really if Kareena or Priyanka bag the unworthy (that's my opinion for the awards at least after witnessing the nominations...cmon Pritam bagging 3 nominations for stolen tunes and two wooden planks being nominated for Leading Actress.) trophies. I'd be pleasantly surprised if Vidya bags the pretentious award - at least that would give the trophy some credibility.

desigal90 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
I have a feeling Kat will end up taking the popular awards voted by the audience 🤣

Lemme remove my jalebi answer and give a straight forward one! The year belongs to *drumrolls*

Ms Vidya Balan
Edited by adios - 14 years ago
I think these 5 people were the best female actors of 2009 - I know this isn't exactly what you were asking but anyway...

Priyanka - Kaminey
Kareena - Kurbaan
Vidya - Paa (Finally watched it)
Mahie Gill - Dev D
Konkona  - Luck By Chance

I love Koko but to me there was nothing exceptional about her performance in WUS. Out of those 5 I would say PC, Konkona, Mahie were the best. Vidya was a bit inconsistent to me. Same with Kareena - and Kareena's performance wasn't all that memorable now that I think about it. PC and Konkona were brilliant throughout and so was Mahie Gill. Their performances stayed with me months after I had seen the films. But since Konkona and Mahie aren't even getting nominations for LBC or Dev D that leaves Priyanka for me as the best out of the lot.
Edited by -bluemoon- - 14 years ago
-PoisonIvy- thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
I second Zainab.

If its not Koko or Vidya then I really dont care.

And I have a  horrible feeling that Katrina will probably sweep all popular awards! :-X
Sneh-Jiwan thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
Katrina Kaif, Priyanka Chopra and I would say Kareena and Aamir too !! 👍🏼 Edited by Sneh-Jiwan - 14 years ago
Ultimate_Shadow thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
its aamirr all the way no wonder 3I got the biggest opening ever...nd it topped in 2009,
-Zarwulicious- thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: desigal90

I have a feeling Kat will end up taking the popular awards voted by the audience 🤣

I SECOND THAT😆