Discussion: Multitasking!

-Mystery- thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 6
Posted: 14 years ago
Hello IFians! 🤗

Well, multitasking is something that's very advantageous if you're good at it. But very few actually are. Most of us need to get our work done with utmost concentration.

So can you multitask?

Was it naturally in you or did you have to train yourself?

Do you feel since your attention is divided you might not be able to get everything done with perfection?

While you're multitasking do you ever forget about one other thing you were doing because you got too involved in some other work?

Enjoy discussing!

-Mahi
Edited by -Mystery- - 14 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

souro thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: -Mystery-

Hello IFians! 🤗

Well, multitasking is something that's very advantageous if you're good at it. But very few actually are. Most of us need to get our work done with utmost concentration.
While this is true, at present times you also have to be Jack of all trades and Master of one. So, to become Jack of all trades you have to pay attention to several matters at the same time.

So can you multitask?
Ummm... if by multitasking you mean that attending the phone and typing on the computer at the same time, then no I can't do that. I've read that only gals can do it and guys can't. But time management which is also called multitasking in jobs, that I can do and in fact have to do at work.

No I learnt it because our work demands it. At times we handle more than 5 research projects and to efficiently handle them all and complete them within deadlines we have to multitask or rather as I said manage time prudently.

Do you feel since your attention is divided you might not be able to get everything done with perfection?
I guess, you are talking about doing two things simultaneously. Well, I haven't done that but I guess if I tried that then I won't get any of them completed.

While you're multitasking do you ever forget about one other thing you were doing because you got too involved in some other work?
Well while managing time it doesn't happen to me. I won't say it has never happened, because in the beginning when I just started working I sometimes used to forget something because of being too engrossed in another work. But not anymore. And moreover, I have more help now too. So, I usually allot what has to be done and most of the time all I have to do is follow up from time to time on the progress of the work.

Enjoy discussing!

-Mahi

Nice topic Mahi. Will love to read more views.

-Mystery- thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 6

So can you multitask?

Yes, I can. In fact, I'm always doing multiple things at a time.... Posting stuff on IF, chatting on MSN, making creations. Other times I'm studying and listening to music or watching TV at the same time and so on.

I guess naturally. I tend to multitask well... but of course in order to get everything right I had to train myself as well.

Sometimes I do feel that, but I never multitask while working on something that crucially needs to be perfect.  Then I never divided my attention and I put anything away until I'm thoroughly satisfied with it. So, that never is a huge problem.

Yes, that has happened to me. While working on one of my creations sometimes I totally forget that a friend is waiting a reply on MSN 😆😆 But that happens if the other thing I'm doing is something I really love... I get absorbed in it.

-Mahi
chhilt thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
So can you multitask?

I guess so.... I mean, I can study while listening to music and the same time.... and I can use the internet while the radio is on...

Naturally.... I didn't do anything to get better at it :P

Just sometimes.... and when I do feel that way, I stop multi-tasking and concentrate on that one thing...

Yup :P Like when I'm studying while listening to music, I often find myself concentrating on the song rather than writing down answers :P It usually happens when I'm listening to one of my favourites :)
Star_on_earth thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3

Hello IFians! 🤗

So can you multitask? ya i can..

Was it naturally in you or did you have to train yourself? didnt need any training..

Do you feel since your attention is divided you might not be able to get everything done with perfection? sometimes ya...but its not like i do 2-3 tasks at once.. mostly i start with one thing first..then in the middle i'll do another thing..and then another..so ya i do one thing at a time but wont complete it fully and will start with another one.. 😆

While you're multitasking do you ever forget about one other thing you were doing because you got too involved in some other work? sometimes ya..😆

Enjoy discussing!

-Mahi

Star_on_earth thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3

So can you multitask?

Yes, I can. In fact, I'm always doing multiple things at a time.... Posting stuff on IF, chatting on MSN, making creations. Other times I'm studying and listening to music or watching TV at the same time and so on.
same here..i'll be posting stuff on IF..and doing my work and also chatting..sometimes that post remains incomplete as i totally forget wat to write next..
and other times i'll be on my laptop and watching tv and talking to my sis...no idea wat i pay attention to! 😆

dmgmjht4ever thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
So can you multitask?
Everyone is! We're all breathing and living at the same time, we also blink and breathe too! 😆 But in the way you're saying it Mahi, I can, it's pretty simple if you concentrate.

Again with being litteral, when you were a baby you multitask. But it was naturally in me, but I had to train myelf to get better at it.
Yeah I guess. But most of the time I multitask is when doing homework, which I care about but not that much. It is sometimes done with perfection, sometimes not depending on how much time I have.

Do I have to answer? Sadly, yes. It happens a lot. But if I'm too busy multitasking with homework, I forget to to house chores. Then my mom gets mad at me. 😆 But other than that, not really