Raghav and Sia - Truly amazing!

sarah1024 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 14 years ago

When Raghav and Sia were in their early phase - back when we didn't know he was Ammaji's son and all that - I didn't find them that interesting. Sure, their interactions were cute and amusing to watch, but there was barely any depth. At that point it was just a regular boy-meets-girl story. They met when he rescued her from Ammaji's goons, became friends, she started to admire his antics and the way he defended her to the villagers. She eventually fell in love and a day later he proposed. She said yes. Not a very unique concept, was it?

However, then the big twist took place, changing the entire equation between Raghav and Sia. Two seconds after their marriage she found out he was Ammaji's son and was wooing her all along only to seek revenge on his mother's behalf. He watched with a smirk as Ammaji and the villagers constantly dragged her name through the mud and humiliated her over and over again. Suddenly, they were no longer the picture perfect couple. Hell, they were no longer even a couple, forget a picture perfect one! She was the naukrani of the house, living with the rest of the maids. He was his mother's biggest ally, her favourite son, helping her carry out the most evil of tasks. Each time they interacted, their conversations showed nothing but their pure dislike of one another. At this point I hoped these two would never get together again, even in the future. After everything that he put her through, there was no way they could lead a normal, happy life pretending like nothing ever happened.

Eventually, Raghav began to change. His transformation didn't come overnight. He was shown fighting with himself, trying to support his mother but somewhere his conscience kept nagging him. He was not only pitted against his feelings about the haveli's incidents, but also the way he felt about Sia. Although it started off as a plan from her side, whenever she'd deliberately be nice to him or whenever he saw her being vulnerable, he would feel bad. This change track is what made me see them as a couple again. Their interactions were subtle and meaningful. They didn't get any stereotypical soap moments where he caught after after she tripped, or where they shared a five minute eye-lock just because she helped nurse a cut he got. There was more to these interactions. They talked, they shared their feelings (although Sia rarely ever did that ... she just wanted to make him change his mind about Ammaji). He confided in her and she was the only one whom he expressed his conflicted thoughts to. He didn't let anyone else know what he was going through. She was an exception. She understood him, advised him and knew where he was coming from. Unlike the other residents of his mother's haveli, she didn't attempt to judge him or talked him down for talking against his mother or brothers. Somehow, these two connected more now than they ever did during their phony relationship before Raghav's truth was out.

That's what I like about them. They have depth, they have a proper story and they aren't shoved down our throats during every episode. Their progress has been slow and believable so far. I hope they'll eventually team up to help change the regressive customs and ideas that Ammaji has imposed on the villagers.
Edited by sarah1024 - 14 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

IntrovertedDame thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 6
u have put it so accurately! 😊

But the big question is, will sia forgive him? coz She doesn't seem to be inclined towards a reconciliation! All she wants is... AMMAJI MURDABAD!
Anurulz thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
very well written post..the analysis of their relationship iss perfect..
Nandini25 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
U hv perfectly annalysed their relation.I didnt thought so deeply but ya this raghav Siya story is altoghether diff. from the other luv stories and I truely hope that Raghav realises his mistakes n protest againt Ammaji.
SamairaE thumbnail
wow very well written
i loved every bit of it

k_rocks thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
Excellent analysis sarah!! Yeah their relationship is very intense and they prtray fantabulously. Both are equal in emoting. Wow the way he is conencted to her is worth watching. Even in the recent encounters when she is nursing him it appears he needs her more to be his moral support . He is going through dual conflict and desparate. I wish they dont hurry like any other normal story but build their bond well.
RaSia thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail + 2
Sarah, You hit the nail on the head.
Very very well written and it is so accurate.
This is one of the main reasons I like the Raghav Sia track..since it is so authentic and normal
They understand each other without the ususal histronics. And the fact that the progress has been so gradual, it seems acceptable and loving too.
I loved Raghav's internal turmoil and his disgust for his mom's decision yesterday....he is definately a changed person now..the true Raghav
meghaparti thumbnail

Originally posted by: ssarada

Sarah, You hit the nail on the head.

Very very well written and it is so accurate.
This is one of the main reasons I like the Raghav Sia track..since it is so authentic and normal
They understand each other without the ususal histronics. And the fact that the progress has been so gradual, it seems acceptable and loving too.
I loved Raghav's internal turmoil and his disgust for his mom's decision yesterday....he is definately a changed person now..the true Raghav

yes sarah very well written dear...n yeah...he will stand against amma now...n make sonali realise what all nonsense she told about sia today to was wrong n sia is an extremely nice person....n amma is responsible for her state!😉😃

crazzy-girl thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
i am sooo liking da way the makers of this show have potrayed their realtionship..how graduallly one starts to changee..its really nice!!also really nyc post..it is true..i dont think any couple in a tv industry has had such an intense and deep relationship..i mean all aa couple they trip n thier eyelock is for like 10 min..haha laado is very reall..dats wars reall nyc!!n da realtionship between Raghav n Sia is truely amazing!!!
elgee thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Amazingly well written!! 👏

Hope they (I mean the creatives) have let it happen as naturally as you have portrayed and don't do anything to spoil it...