Simple Kapadia(Dimple'syoungersister) passes away

ar78655 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 14 years ago
Simple Kapadia passes away

The actress breathed her last yesterday (10 November, 2009) at a suburban hospital

Simple Kapadia, Dimple Kapadia's younger sister, is no more. She breathed her last yesterday afternoon in a hospital at Andheri.

The former actress-turned-costume designer had been undergoing treatment at various hospitals since the last few years. It is believed that she was suffering from cancer but the family was always tightlipped about it.

A source says, "The family was under terrible stress because of Simple's illness. They never spoke about it then and they will not speak about it even now."

Director Rahul Dholakia, who was present at the hospital when Simple breathed her last, says, "My friend is no more. I really can't talk."

A family friend says, "Akshay Kumar (Dimple's son-in-law) is returning from Baramati, where he is shooting for Priyadarshan's next film."

Simple began her career when she was 18. She made her debut in 1977 with Anurodh, where she was paired opposite her brother-in-law Rajesh Khanna. Later, she worked in Hum Rahe Na Hum, Tumhare Bina, Jeevan Dhaara, Zamane Ko Dikhana Hai, Dulha Bikta Hai, Naseeb, Shakka, Lootmaar, Man Pasand, Ahsaas, Rehguzar, Chakravuyha and Pyar Ke Do Pal. She quit acting in 1986 after Pyar Ke Do Pal. Later in 1994, she worked as a costume designer for Rudaali and won a National award for it.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

-anamika- thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
That's absolutely horrible. My condolences to the Kapadia family.
TallyHo thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Sad... her youngest sister Reem had committed suicide many years ago...and now Simple...
Jess. thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
aww thats really sad =[
my condolences to the kapadia family
RIP.. Cancer takes far too many lives, I seriously hope that all the research that takes place all around the world to find a cure would help in finding a cure for all types of cancers.
Ninelives thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail
cancer is so horrible.. we had 4 cancer patients in my immediate family of which 3 expired..so horrible
SayCheese thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Feeling very sorry for her family
angels_eyes thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
Soo sad ....my condolences to the Kapadia family
mandy0310 thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 8
[quote]Actress-designer Simple Kapadia (51), who lost her battle to cancer on November 10, 2009, was not only the famed beauty Dimple Kapadia's younger

sister, she was also Dimple's alter-ego.

These two star-siblings were so close, that whoever saw them together at any point in life were envious of the bond that they shared. Dimple and Simple were complete opposites. While Dimpi was the softie; Simpi was the tough one.

Simple started her acting career in 1977 in Shakti Samanta's Anurodh; and later became a favourite in the Navketan camp when she did Man Pasand and Lootmaar with the evergreen Dev Anand.
Though she was a spitfire in real life, her reel life roles never really justified her true demeanour. She then aborted her career as an actress to become a renowned dress designer. She picked up the National Award for Kalpana Lajmi's Rudaali in 1994.

Till the time of her death, she was designing for actor Sunny Deol. I have often seen Bollywood's most beautiful actress Dimple look for approval from only one person ' her sister Simple.
A regular with Dimple at outdoors, Simple was always the life of the party. And makers like Feroz Khan and South superstar Kamal Haasan often sought Simple out for advice on designing the look for their projects because her sense of aesthetics was very strong.
Both Dimpi's daughters ' Twinkle and Rinki ' adored their Simple maasi and were also 'a little scared' of her.
Simple always called a spade a spade and protected the more vulnerable Dimple from 'exploiters'.
Rishi Kapoor who sang happy birthday to Simple over the phone when she was ailing at Mumbai's Breach Candy hospital in August 2005, said, "Simple is a brave girl, and I think she will pull through."

He was right. She did pull through on that occasion. In the last three years of her life, Dimple, who cared for her sister, like no other, brought her back from the jaws of death several times. On November 10 though death triumphed, leaving Dimple devastated. But Simple's spirit will live on forever

Oh this is so sad, I feel horrible for her family. My condolences to the family!!
Edited by bollywoodcrazed - 14 years ago
swan20 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Thats sad......May she rest in peace.....