What is Love ? - Page 5

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Posted: 14 years ago
Last comment and I'm going to go to bed.

I was talking about love in the matter of it's social implications rather than what it stands for for people. I think there are always expectations - no matter what kind of a relationship it is. I don't think something can be considered love if you are not in any way involved with a person. And when you are involved, there are expectations i.e. there are ways that one should behave.

I do agree that men are also supposed to be moral, but it is more OK for a man to drink in most cultures than it is more a woman(I am mentioning drinking because of the Indian culture; I'm not saying that it is a bad thing necessarily). Sure, there is men like Ram, but I think there are more supposed Sitas.. that's just my interpretation though!
souro thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: Ms.GoodMorning

I was talking about love in the matter of it's social implications rather than what it stands for for people. I think there are always expectations - no matter what kind of a relationship it is. I don't think something can be considered love if you are not in any way involved with a person. And when you are involved, there are expectations i.e. there are ways that one should behave.

I do agree that men are also supposed to be moral, but it is more OK for a man to drink in most cultures than it is more a woman(I am mentioning drinking because of the Indian culture; I'm not saying that it is a bad thing necessarily). Sure, there is men like Ram, but I think there are more supposed Sitas.. that's just my interpretation though!

The expectations in love are a bit different than in marriage IMO. Of course one would expect to be loved back, and even that is an expectation. Or maybe they would expect their partner to dress up when going out together. But such expectations go both ways and is not entirely restricted to the women. Whereas, major expectations like shifting base, changing one's surname actually comes after marriage. I don't think people start loving expecting all that, it's the society's expectations that forces one to comply.
As for drinking, society expects that if you're supposed to be a good daughter, wife or mother then you shouldn't drink. A man won't start loving a girl and expect that because I love her so she shouldn't drink or drink as the case maybe. If he doesn't like her lifestyle then he won't fall in love with the girl to begin with.
Moreover, society doesn't really like a man who is a drunkard. Though I agree that society is more tolerant to an occassional drink or two for a man.
Summer3 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2

Yes once we enter into any loving relationship ( like a marriage or engagement ) with another person there is bound to be duties and responsibilities and commitments. These will bind us and restrict our freedom.
So your point is that there cannot be love unless there is a relationship in some way. But there are people who love in general and get involved in social services for the betterment of lives. In the process of helping they do feel some sort of closeness with such people .

Yes somehow a woman's responsibility and restrictions seem to be much more in such situations as she has to ensure a happy and healthy home, look after the kids, etc.
Edited by Summer3 - 14 years ago

Originally posted by: Summer3

Yes Mahi sis you are right.
Although Love is God still we should be careful how we handle it or else there will be problems.

LOL thanks i hope you know how much i love my specs😉😆
Summer3 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: mahikhan

LOL thanks i hope you know how much i love my specs😉😆

Rab ne bana di specs.😆
I think ladies are more sentimental and take greater trouble to look after their belongings generally.
sonur15 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
Dil Vil Pyaar vyaar mai kya jaanu re
Jaanu toh jaanu bas itana mai jaanu ki tujhe apna manu re
-Sneha thumbnail

How can you have that Avi of Shahid in there and not feel love?? 😆.... Kidding!!

I like what you are trying to say, it definitely makes sense and you are not going crazy at all, but I kind of will repeat what Souro was trying to put across: I also think you happen to be talking more of a commitment, such as marriage for instance, rather than love for anything in general, love is a feeling and you cannot deny that... Why, I can talk of my dog and still say I love it, there's no contract, no obligations, it's just a feeling, if mutual then better!

Oh definitely, social and personal differences make up barriers in how man and woman have to feel, and feel so differently even if the emotion in the first instance is the same! Society demands, and people themselves, have lost in their lives what love should actually mean, because as you stated, when you start expecting, I wonder if its love anymore? If you love, means you learn to accept the person how he is, and despite the countless differences, you still love... Therein, I believe its not love that creates expectations, but the style of life, the state of mind and the environment to be true... A couple much in love living away from all these would never feel the need to expect, because there would be no one asking those requirements!! 😉

Do I make sense now? Or am I going crazy on this side? 😆😆

And yeah, that's why, I keep saying anywhere and everywhere that women are inferior in many ways and it'll take ages before we change that, but it's not necessarily men who made them so! See, if we are different, then at the end of the day, we will be inferior in one aspect, and superior in another. Loving eliminates those, because when you love, you forget about the inferiority... 😉 Women have always been asked, and you are right, ASKED/pressurized to take care of the house! But things are luckily changing, today a husband is as much a part of household work as a woman is, and in other aspects as well. Hopefully, as Indian culture shifts to take the shape of new trends with more women working, things will get a lot better!

I feel two of the terms the most easy to explain, yet ironically the most difficult to understand, are love and faith! Taking Landon directly from A Walk To Remember, its just that, you cannot see it, you can just feel it! I believe love is when you understand the other for what he is, rather than trying to make him understand what you are! Love is when like serendipity, you expect one wonderful thing, yet you are extremely satisfied even when something else happens, though in this case, you are happy whether it is as wonderful or even a tad bit less. I don't agree when people say love should be unselfish, without jealousy,  and unconditional. Because when you love from the heart, and that's human nature, you are selfish, you think about YOUR love, when you love you are jealous, because you feel it from the inside of your soul, when you love, there may be no limit, but there are conditions, because there is a state of being, there is the heart AND the mind involved. People who love only with the heart are fools. If you cannot think, you cannot love! As simple as that... 😉

On a last note, everyone does not need to agree, everyone does not need to love or feel loved, because everyone does not live life in the same way... For me, its just that I would survive without love, I wouldn't live though... I know that when I turn 80 years old and may have trouble typing on this keyboard, my husband sitting next to me, only through his eyes, should be able to convey to me that he knows I'll be able to type at least one word... That's love for me, and I am just sorry, I wouldn't live even beyond 20 without that!! Never without that, thanks!... 😛
Edited by sneha0601 - 14 years ago
U-No-Poo thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
Chemical locha in the brain. Edited by -Neetz- - 14 years ago
RamKiSeeta thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 6

❤️Prem Dagar Pe Chalte Chalte❤️

❤️Bhakti Ki Paavan Nadiyaan Aaye❤️

❤️Bhakti Ki Nadiyaan Behte Behte❤️

❤️Prem Ke Saagar Mein Kho Jaaye❤️

❤️Bhakti Ke Dono Or Prem Hai❤️

❤️Bhakti Khadi Majhdhaar❤️

❤️Re Manva Prem Jagat Ka Saar!❤️

2a4156a11c227cd8b3d311c0cc49d2c8_we.jpg image by gamzelara
-Believe- thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
13 Signs of fall in love:-

13. When your on the phone with them late at night and they hang up...but you miss them already when it was just two minutes ago

12. You read their texts over and over again...

11. You walk really slow when you're with them...

10. You feel shy whenever you're with them...

9. When you think about them, your heart beats faster and faster...

8. You smile when you hear their voice...

7. When you look at them, you can't see the other people around
you... all you see is him/her...

6. You start listening to slow songs, while thinking of them...

5. They become ALL you think about...

4. You get high just from their scent...

3. You realize that you're always smiling to yourself when you think
about them...

2. You would do anything for them...

1. While reading this, there was one person on your mind the whole
time.....

Source: email 4wrd😉