-dramaholic- thumbnail
Posted: 14 years ago

Hello Everyone. ðŸ˜Š

I've been thinking of doing this for over a month now, but something in me always held me back... I don't know if what I'm doing is correct or not, but it seems beneficial to me, and maybe to the forum as well.

It's been a wonderful journey with you all. I think we've seen the good days and the bad. I know I've had my share of complaints from members regarding my warnings and all, but in this I do remember correctly, that we all did get along.

I joined I-F in 2007, and I've seen it change from a basic forum, to a worldwide well know website. I've seen a huge sum of friends leave and new friends join in. As a normal member I always detested the DT (as many of you might do yourselves, lol). Only when I became a DT myself, it turned out that there was so much more to it, than just a warning note. I was promoted for Jai Ma Durga forum on Star Plus, which was completely inactive. To be honest I didn't have to face any hurdles there, but when I was soon promoted for MJHT, it gave me a spark of recognition. I wanted to do something for this website. I wanted to make a mark so that people would remember me.

Only, nothing lasts forever. I soon felt sick of my job. Ah, this is something DTs normally don't say in public LOL! , but I think I need to clean the plate. The real fact is, I'm far to involved in my own life that I have no time to moderate the forum. This is one major reason, why members felt my tone has been harsh or inconsiderate in the past. I wake up every morning at 6am, and I'm off to college, get home at 5pm and then I'm loaded with tons of revision and assignments. In all this, when I get a handful of PMs complaining about threads, what can one do?  

I've realized that, I either need to create time for I-F (which seems so impossible), or quit from the job. I'm aware some of you guys will be satisfied with my leaving, since I have given you an even share of pain and misery, but I suppose I'll need to move on. My time is up with I-F. It's funny how this website can be so addictive. I have never been so addicted to a website in my whole life. Looking back at my days at the end of the hour, I see nothing. What has I-F given me? Nothing.  It's just a job which brings nothing but misery, torture & addiction.

Don't get me wrong. I have loved working on this website and being an acquaintance to many members. I'm leaving, not because of any member problems or because of any other background issues, but because .. something inside me says, its time for you to go.

I will be back someday, but at the moment I can't cope with I-F Moderation & Personal Life.  It's all becoming to intense, and I can't let my personal life suffer over a website which has purely no means.

I've asked priya.nair for an I-F Veteran Member Status, (yes that horrible green). She hasn't yet replied, but I'm sure she will soon. Don't be surprised when my colour changes from Pink to Green. I'm not quitting entirely, but just temporarily. I will be back, and hopefully when I am, we will all start of on a better path, to capture better memories.

I've forwarded a few names to Gagan & Preeti for viewbies. Hopefully, there will be somebody else to take my place.

Cheers,
DB 

P/S - Please don't send me PMs asking me to stay, I've had to put a stone on my heart to make this post.  This is not a resignation but an official break. + IF Veteran Status seems exiting, doesn't it? LOL 😆

Edited by DramaholicVibes - 14 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Gagan-06 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 7
DB,
I know we already had a chat about this, but I am really going to miss you!!!!
I know your school and career is Important at this time. I wish you all the best for your future.

Love
Gagan
-Preeti- thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 6
DB
I wont stop you from going as i know you've taken this decision for your career and studies which are important. But would like to say that we are surely gonna miss you. We've had good as well as bad times but always its been a great experiance. Our association has been since KTH days and its always been a fun filled one.

Just wanna wish you All The Very Best for your future. Have a Great Time and always remember we shall alwaysbe there for you.

God Bless
Preeti