Neena wants tattoo off her chest

dhaval_h_parekh thumbnail
Posted: 18 years ago
Neena wants tattoo off her chest
   By: Tushar Joshi
   November 11, 2005

BEFORE: Neena Gupta with the 'Manorama' chest tattoo
Neena Gupta's glamorous avatar, as Manno bhabhi, in Zee's Saath Phere, has hogged more attention than the show itself. However, the actress, famous for her independent style, isn't happy with the way she's been showcased in the drama.

Sources from the production house point out that Neena doesn't like the positioning of the tattoo she must paint on for each episode β€” she wants it shifted to another part of her body.

In the first few episodes, Neena has a tattoo on her chest that reads "Manorama", in Hindi. But lately, that tattoo has disappeared from its original place and landed up on her back β€” in the form of two peacocks.

Jagah badlo

Says a source from the unit, "Neenaji wasn't too happy with the placement of the Manorama tattoo; she  thought it was uncalled for, and asked for a change. And since it was a temporary tattoo, someone had to paint it on every day. That upset her a lot."

AFTER: Neena shows off the two mors on her back
When contacted, Neena Gupta said, "I don't know who has given you this information. I have only one tattoo at the moment, which is on my back. I haven't had any issues with that one."

But didn't she have problems with the earlier chest tattoo? "This is totally ridiculous; I don't want to comment on it," said the actress.

Drew too much attention

Rajan Shahi, the new director of Saath Phere, was aware of the changes in the positioning of the tattoo. "Since I have joined the show, I have seen only one tattoo β€” the one on her back, with the two peacocks.

But Neenaji tells me that initially, she did have another tattoo on her chest; that has been taken away as it was getting more attention than needed. Now, I think, she uses a dupatta as well with the outfit."

Channel didn't like it

Says one of Gupta's female co-stars on the show, "There were issues about the tattoo. The channel also wasn't too keen on it… Neena, too, had reservations. However, now that it's on her back, she seems fine with it."

[email protected]

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

jasmin thumbnail
Is it a Rajasthani thing for women to wear tattoo's?
anjali.nair thumbnail
i have seen some rajasthani/bihari women with husband's name tattoed on their hands. it was done in earlier times to let whole world know that this woman is taken. but i am not sure if it's a must πŸ˜• .