sweetsorrow18 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 18 years ago
In Saloni's shoes......

What would u think and how would u feel if u were in Saloni's shoes at the moment.  How would u react to the harsh comments u receive from society and ur own sister.  Put urself in her shoes and please reply!

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

kd286 thumbnail
i think the first thing i would do is....great dressed properly(good outfits)...get some good make up...then the first thing would be a good lashing out to the younger sis.....that girl(shubra) is really stupid...i hate her.... 😡 😡
samy74 thumbnail
Hi

I think this is something that exists in the society and especially more in our Asian culture as according to the all the old beliefs the true beauty lies in the Gora Rang which I think is not true at all and I believe jo attraction, charm and kashish is in darker shades it is not in white. I think in this times the one of the fav actress has been kajol and that girl can look so pretty even though she is a bit darker than some heroines but this difference is in peoples minds and it has alwasy been there.

As far as Saloni is concerned because of her colour she has been segregatted which is unfair and all love the younger sister but I am sure they will show in the future that Saloni will be more happier and contest than her sister as she is horrible.

Sorry for going on a little bit...

Samy
lalgulab thumbnail

It is difficult to put myself in Saloni's shoes cuz she's been put down cuz of her color her entire life!  In this case, she has a very low self-esteem and probably can't do anything or say anything to her sister and her mom.  But, if I was in her place, I'd try to showcase my beauty in a way that people would take notice before they can even judge based on my color.  Saloni's got a nice figure so why not wear clothes that might bring her so-called "beauty" to other's attention.

I agree with Samy.  The society just views dark people like they're lacking something.. people with dark complexion can (and are) beautiful!  It just depends on how you look at them.

anjali.nair thumbnail
but i don't really agree that dark color people are looked upon in our society. at least not like how they show saath phere.

i mean it's true that in asian community most are after 'gora rang' but dark skinned people have achieved success without any hindrance. but yes!! there are some distasteful ads like 'fair & lovely' where they show a girl is being rejected because of her dark color but then she applies that creme and bam!!! the guy is 'lattoo' over her.

i don't think they should confuse audience with dark color and low self esteem. look at our major actors of today kajol, rani, bipasha. all these girls defy the rule of slim & fair. they are 'real women' and not fair skinned. similarly most of the women i seen in top positions are not that fair.
jasmin thumbnail
I don't think i could be so strong, I'd probably kill myself, look at how cruel her own family can be? 😕
radha_8 thumbnail
i must have changed myself into a beautiful girl...........then lashed out at te sis shubra and confesss my love to Neel 😉 😳 . if nobody would ave agreed to our marriage ten i must yhave eloped with neel.
d3si_r4ni thumbnail
prepare myself a bath of fair nd lovely and dive into it 😛

but seriously, it sucks that we still have this stereotype of dark girls being unpure or ugly or stupid or whatever....... some ppl dont even care if the girls butt ugly, stupid and rude as long as she's fair... i dunno how i would react coz mashaAllah i have never been faced with such a problem, but i guess i'd be angry at the world and want to do something about it, like get really successful or something... or i would just marry my hot childhood friend neel!!!   ðŸ˜Š