Meeting the family..(PriDa and all)

Who-I-Used-2-Be thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 14 years ago
Well well, there aint much to say about this episode considering it was quite laid back and all after so much PriDaexcellence this week and the explosive 'leap of the year' yesterday, but let's still do this.

PriDa

Whattttttttt, first KHNH and now DDLJ? What's got into you, creatives? Try something original next time, hon!

That being said, loved GauCha in the dress selection scene. It was small and felt a bit rushed, but they were cute. It's kinda sweet that the difficult Damini Gujral has learnt to give this much importance to Prithvi Saxena's likes and dislikes. Girl is coming home, hon. And Prithvi Saxena? I think he cares as much about her likes and dislikes, it's written on his face..πŸ˜† Anyways, GK looked so cute in this scene. Can someone pull his cheeks for me?

Horrendous dresses, BTW. They were an insult to our Queenie..It's some consolation that Queenie aint going to wear any of those.

LOVED the last scene of the episode i.e. the rendezvous in the Security Control Room..Queenie having flashback of Kingie's smug-comeback-walk-that-took-forever-to reach her, and of other things Kingie was so sweet..I think Kingie remembers her more than she remembers him. They just don't show us those flashbacks yet because Kingie has a private mind..No..Hope he'll have a flashback overflow full of Queenie, or a PriDa dream attack soon. ( Don't get ideas..)

Anyways, abso-freaking-lutely LOVED GauCha in this scene..Damini's awkwardness while insisting on meeting his family, and his shocked-out-of-his-wits expression, the nervousness and fumbling were awesomely done..And they're still looking at each other as less as possible? Dope..How he kept his hands on her shoulders to assure her, and when he called her 'Tum', it seemed like they've traveled half of the world, and that its some other life..This will take some getting used to..😊

Indirectly PriDa πŸ˜†

The best scene of the episode goes to Dami-Rosh. It was so sweet.. Thank you, creatives, for giving us a scene where Rosh gushed about her hot undercover spy jeeju-to-be to her fiery sis. And Rosh is a PriDaholic like most of us. How, you ask? That's because she has been keeping an eye on Kingie, analyzing every expression of his, every twitch of his eyebrows, and every look that he throws his Queenie's way, therefore she knows the secret of the 'nazar' with which he looks at Dami. Cool, at least someone in LNMDJ world aint that blind, and has been feeling the heat of the sparks that flow between Kingie and Queenie.Yo! Rosh is becoming smart, and she knows how Kingie has always stared at Queenie with a gaze that possesses quite a few thousand joules of heat energy, and that Kingie has always liked her..

LOVED Rosh's line about not being able to help noticing if a dude like Prithvi is around.Love her more than ever for this, since she shares our Prithvi admiration. Come join us here, babe.

And Rosh imitating Prithvi = gold + all kinds of awesome. She nailed it. ⭐️

Other things

The middle brother is such a slick operator, he knows all the secrets of the game and how to silence the storms of doubts. He dealt with Avni so slyly.

It's sweet that Sameer's concern for Avni can be read on his face, though I am not too sure that I can take one more "I love you" between SaVni.. Honestly, I have never been too fond of TV couples uttering "I love you's" here and there and everywhere..No offense to "I love you" fans, but I hope PriDa will only say the three 'infamous' words to each other a couple of times only, or even lesser than that, and hope that day will take its sweet lil time to come. Please don't rush the 'love promise..'

Anyways, I would have appreciated some consistency, show. Because I don't get why Rosh was giving Varun major attitude all of a sudden yesterday, and why she became the same old Rosh again today, minus any attitude.

Varun had a better day yesterday, but today he became as expressionless as a door-knob. I think Varun is a staunch believer of uniformity. Keep up the 'great' job..

And has Vivan eloped to Neptune with Goldie to create their own lil heaven? Or did his 'House of Weirdos' call him back? Not that I am complaining. Thank God we're not being subjected to his presence anymore.

Ela and Dami's scene was nice too..Great you realized that meeting the groom's family is a prerequisite..About time!

Arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh..The precap with Veggie Mummy and Sam-Var hiding is so 'Night of the Living Dead'..

And I thought I was going to keep it short..Huh! πŸ€”

P.S:  About the speculation regarding the show's end? I'll say, let's live in the moment and enjoy it..And let's just hope the show won't end..Why spoil our PriDahappiness and PriDafun by letting anything or some mere speculation get to us..

Let's live in denial, let's have faith..

To quote someone: What has to happen will happen, and when it does, we will deal with it..😊

Thoughts?

Edited by Who-I-Used-2-Be - 14 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Arya311 thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Sarah...i apologize in advance...but i'm copying and pasting my take ....sowie...it's just that my wrists are sore after tons of typing for various lab reports that i had to type and still got to type.....so excuse me....😳

well so i just finished watching the eppy.....
the thing that i absolutely adored and loved was damini-rosh scene!!! that was such a treat to the eyes and the ears!!!!
don't you think that rosh seems to reiterate our thoughts about prida and GK ...she's our representative

anyhow..i love how excited rosh is about her di's wedding!! she gets me excited as well!!! simran is such a doll!! love her! and ofcourse CS!! damini and rosh rock in terms of best sister chemistry just as prithvi-sameer for brother chemistry!πŸ˜‰

ok now ..that weird designer guy,......hated him to the TTTTTTT!!! heck i'd rather see Inder as the designer than that guy!!! shooo...vaporize the designer guy!!!shooo!!πŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ˜†

now, ela is so sweet....she has instilled good qualities in her betiyan....eheheh...she is insisting damini to be a good bahu.....the thing that she doesn't know is that Damini is one heck of a bahu...she's not jsut good.....she's the BEST and one of a kind!πŸ˜‰  i think we might see role reversal for damini and her saas...instead of saas making the bahu dance on her fingers...here the bahu will make the saas do salsa!!πŸ˜†

Prida...back to prida.......awww damini was remembering prida's moments while watching/touching prithvi's infamous holster  and the Oh -so -very-famous 007 shades aka prithvi aviators😎
that was sweet
then the King enters...sporting a new PLAID shirt!! finally the guy's off the duty....and he got pension ...so he went and bought some American Eagle Plaids......ahahahhahahahahh.....good going KING!πŸ˜‰πŸ˜Ž
btw..what did prithvi think .....that damini wouldn't wanna see his family?? damini is no kekta bahu....she saxena bahu...she's got to be UNIQUEπŸ˜‰ or else why would he be marrying her?πŸ˜‰

i think that finally veggie mum might serve some purpose....i guess...damini..will insist on bringing suman saxena to gujral mansion to provide her good care and appnapan..and have her seva done by her house staff...and then all that 3 ki shakti do will be just stand behind the door and see what miracles the gujral sisters perform and WAAALAAAAAA.....veggie will no more be veggie....she will be NON-veggied!!! woohooo...and then gujral sisters will send her to get a makeover from Goldie the Goldielocks...and then out comes Suman saxena wearing PRADA!πŸ˜‰πŸ˜Ž and Ela won't be behind either...she will be sporting Coco CHANEL!πŸ˜‰

prida, varni and savni will send the samdhans on a long vacation to MIAMI (south beach baby...o yeah πŸ˜‰) and then back home ....

prida...will do horseback riding in the morning....do a lil make believe fight and trip/catch in the afternoon....go out to dinner in the evening and at night ....well i leave that to the peep's imaginationπŸ˜‰

varni will do aerobics routine in the morning.....play Candyland in the afternoon...go surfing in the evening and at night ..varun will read Disney Princess stories to rosh...awwwwwwπŸ˜†

savni....well breakfast and lunch in the morning.....painting class in the afternoon....play Garden-Garden in the evening and SING at night!!! lalalalallallala.....aalallalalaalπŸ˜†

so that's what i think....what about ya'all??πŸ˜†

EDIT:
sarah.......who did you quote????? it sounds Eksie to me.....πŸ˜†

anyhow that's what i'm talking...yeah living in denial is better than spoiling the happy mood!!
Relish all things Prida!!! πŸ˜‰
Edited by krupur1103 - 14 years ago
sistu thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Now I m choring this frm something I wrote in shwetha's and shruti's post (coz nothing much happened today so dont have much to say). But I have added a few things too:

Dress scene: I didnt really like the dresses but lets see what Dam turns them into. By the way screw that designer.......he was so nasty to avni. How cud that idiot say that she shudnt touch the dress.😑

DDLJ scene: They r trying to show that Prida r really close now and they no more have that awkwardness in them and that Prithvi has opened up with her. He is with Damini the way he is with his brothers. The problem is that they ripped us off such scenes so I dont feel that understanding bond between them. GK and CS did the best they cud under a choried scene.πŸ˜‰

Rosh-Dam scene: was the best part of today's eppy for me. The way Rosh was teasing Dam about Prithvi. Oh this scene was super cute. Now i want to have a scene where Prithvi is talking about Rosh to Varun/Damini. The way Rosh said ki aisa dude ho to .......I thought Prithvi shud listen t thatπŸ˜‰. Just a thought came to my mind now, I wish Varun had heard Rosh saying that she is always noticing Prithvi so much. Varun's reaction wud have been 

Sameer: For once I liked hi reasoning. Dam shud have her share of happiness without sharing with anyone.

Suman saxena and manali: A few things to notice that the word saxena and manali didnt ring a bell in Dam's head. May she can only hear the wedding bellπŸ˜†

Rolled up shirt: I liked the shirt but the problem was that it didnt match with his dark blue jeans. May be black wud have luked gud

Veggie mom: Dam may bring her home and take very good care of her which may make the boys a little guilty.

Edited by sistu - 14 years ago
Priya. thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Sarah πŸ€—

whats this with the show now?

LNMDJ was unique coz there was lot of original stuff in it.

Now its blatant copying from everywhere.
KHNH , DDLJ  and today its even Father of the Bride.----- the weird dress designer fellow.

@ the speculation -- just ignore it.
fibrinogen9 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
superb....πŸ€—
i jus felt it was a lil thanda epi or may b i was on cloud 9 from past 4 epis so was expecting more...its been jus 1 week  n everything has changed in prida world... luvd rosh today...
btw luvd pri's checks shirt with sleeves rolled😳
n ya i refuse to acknowledge all stupid news
Edited by fibrinogen9 - 14 years ago
shrutic thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Fascinator 1 Thumbnail
I loved how everyone is doing chori today!!

Sarah can I jst paste my entire post here???
sistu thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
@ shruti: LNMDJ is the one that started this chori business so u knw how we got into this 

aur chori puch ke nahi ki jaati πŸ˜†.
Edited by sistu - 14 years ago
Who-I-Used-2-Be thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Sure, Shruti..Go ahead..No problems, babe..😊

Folks, I am coming to your replies in a moment..😳
Edited by Who-I-Used-2-Be - 14 years ago
shrutic thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Fascinator 1 Thumbnail

@ Sistu,

Chori ki aadat nahin hai... Shayad ab LNMDJ dekh ne ke baad dalni padegi

@ Sarah

Just go check it out!!! I am too lazy right now. Sigh.

I wish the episode wasn't so short... it got over before it even began!!!
dee86 thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 2
Sarah, babe!!! I was just going to logout and you posted! So glad I caught this...

Fantastic job, as usual, babe! But then, you're always fab! Nothing new there...

About the epi, dress scene was cute but a li'l too rushed... When did PriDa get so comfortable with each other, huh? Anyway, they rocked, so will overlook this...

Damz-Rosh were amazing together!!! Always wanted to see more of these two, and my wish was granted today! Loved how Rosh teased Damz, and absolutely loved the way Damz chased Rosh around the room... So adorable! Munchkin was at her chirpy best! Varun, on the other hand, irritated me again... Why is he back to bubble shirts? Rosh, your entire sasural needs fashion advice. Get on the job, girl!

Loved the reminiscing, like you!!! No doubts about it now, Damz is a woman in love!!! *sigh* But that doesn't keep her from sticking to her guns when required! Loved how she insisted on meeting his family and didn't buy his lame excuses... She seemed to be getting a li'l impatient towards the end of that convo... Pri, my man, don't rile her up so much... She might just decide to retaliate. And I've heard punishments for the erring half of a couple are rather dire...

Precap was hilarious! The sight of those two goofs hiding from their bhabhi just cracked me up!! But then Pri came rushing in, and Damz started to lose it and my heart leapt into my mouth.. Oh please fight and give us some intensity, PriDa... Have just posted my take on what follows on the romantic scene thread..

@ show ending - I'm going to copy-paste what I said elsewhere. Sorry Sarah...

Star One is unbelievable, seriously! In an attempt to improve its ratings as a GEC, it's sacrificing its USP! How does that make any sense? Such wannabe behaviour is just pathetic...

I'm tired of saying this again and again - this show is brilliant, GauCha rock, the ensemble cast is wonderful, and with a little bit of effort, the show will garner great TRPs! Instead of wasting their time trying to ape other channels, Star One should be aggressively positioning themselves as the youth GEC in the country... *sigh* Looks like someone never read up the basics of media positioning strategies...

I refuse to waste my breath and time on these people... For as long as the show airs, I will watch it and LOVE it! If it goes off, then  I will move on, and the show will remain close to my heart, a fond memory of the time when I first saw PriDa/GauCha and learnt what chemistry ought to be... Oh, and I will download each and every epi, and make myself a dvd of this show! So there, Star One!!! Do what you please...
____

Rocking post, babe! Loved reading it and will sleep in peace now that I have... Yes, I'm addicted to your posts and can't sleep without reading them. I suffer from Sarah's Posts Withdrawal Syndrome if I don't get my daily fix!!

See you around, babe! Goodnight...