Posted: 14 years ago
Revealed: Ram Gopal Varma ki beti

We present exclusive pictures of Ram Gopal Varma's daughter, Revathy

By Kunal M Shah / Vickey Lalwani
Posted On Wednesday, October 14, 2009 at 03:02:40 AM

Ram Gopal Varma

Ram Gopal Varma has always maintained that he does not believe in the institution of marriage and the only thing that keeps him going is churning out film after film.

Although there is news about him having a family in Hyderabad, the filmmaker has always been tight-lipped about it.

We stumbled upon pictures of his daughter, Revathy, and were surprised to know that Ramu has a daughter who is in her early 20s and studying medicine.

Revathy Varma

She dreams of becoming a surgeon and is in touch with her father. We present pictures clicked during the wedding of Ramu's sister, Jyoti's son, Suman.

Ramu who is shooting in Hyderabad for Rakta Charitra met with his family last week at the wedding.

Also present in the wedding were Ramu's ex-wife Ratnashree and mother Suryavati.

Meanwhile...

Show me the money  

Rupa Ganguly turned down the role of Vivek Oberoi's mother in Rakta Charitra as she was offered a low remuneration

It is a well-known fact that Ram Gopal Varma doesn't pay his actors well, but not everyone is willing to work for peanuts. Last week, Varma approached Rupa Ganguly to play the role of Vivek Oberoi's mother in Rakta Charitra, but she turned it down as she was offered only Rs 2.5 lakh.

Rupa Ganguly

The story goes that an official from Varma's office called up Rupa and offered her the role of Vivek's mother in the Hindi version of the bilingual, Rakta Charitra. Rupa was thrilled to bits. However, her hopes were dashed when she heard that she will be paid only Rs 2.5 lakh.

A source says, "The 16-day schedule in Hyderabad was broken into three trips. Rupa felt that she deserved more than just Rs 2.5 lakh."

Confirming the story, Rupa says, "I am honoured that Varma thought of casting me. I have seen quite a few of his films and think very highly of him as a filmmaker. But I would have preferred some decent money for the same. It was simply not a viable proposition."

http://www.mumbaimirror.com/article/30/2009101420091014030240718ea28768f/Revealed-Ram-Gopal-Varma-ki-beti.html

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

His daughter looks pretty!

I didnt know that he was married.. I have just herd about his countless one night stands with upcoming actresses.. atleast gossips suggest he is one hec of a womanizer.. I dont know the truth though!

Originally posted by: adios

I didnt know that he was married.. I have just herd about his countless one night stands with upcoming actresses.. atleast gossips suggest he is one hec of a womanizer.. I dont know the truth though!

Me neither. But then I am not surprised about his double life. True, we don't know the truth, from the vantage point of an outsider. It is weird how much of his life is shrouded in mystery now that I think about it.

I wasn't really interested in the first part, but I really liked Rupa Ganguly in the serial Love Story, that used air on SAB. She is a really good actress.

I agree Nimmi, Rupa Ganguly is a terrific actress.. She played Draupadi in Mahabahrata right? She has great poise and I love her deep eyes and her deep voice.. She is in this zee soap "agley janam" right now..Baaki Ramu ka ramu jaane he is pretty mysterious.. and ecentric atleast he is better than Adi chopra.. Adi chopra has to be the biggest recluse in history of bollywood.. I would love to meet him.. He seems like an intersting guy.

Edited by adios - 14 years ago
-Divyaa- thumbnail
Oh My god he has such a big daughter i heard sometime ago that he has a daughter but never knew she is 20 plus LOL.thnx for sharing.

Originally posted by: adios

I agree Nimmi, Rupa Ganguly is a terrific actress.. She played Draupadi in Mahabahrata right? She has great poise and I love her deep eyes and her deep voice.. She is in this zee soap "agley janam" right now..Baaki Ramu ka ramu jaane he is pretty mysterious.. and ecentric atleast he is better than Adi chopra.. Adi chopra has to be the biggest recluse in history of bollywood.. I would love to meet him.. He seems like an intersting guy.

Yes, you are right. I kind of forgot about that. Oh, she is in that show! That Zee show is depressing on many levels, but maybe I will catch up with it.
Adi Chopra is said to be an interesting person, but I think he has a big deal about anonymity. Like he goes to theaters on Friday nights to watch movies and I guess he wants to be out of the public eye. RGV is kind of out of it these days, but his interviews are always a fun read.
Oh yeah I remember reading something about how Anurag Kashyap realised that he was sitting next to Aditya Chopra during a screening of Dev D.

Anyway, though we don't know the whole story I wouldn't be surprised if it was true. I think he definitely had a fling with Urmila but apart from that I don't know.