Jayati Bhatia to play 41 characters:article

AS.. thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 14 years ago
Jayati Bhatia to play 41 characters

Jayati Bhatia, currently seen in Sabki Laadli Bebo as Amrit's bhabhi, is going to play 41 characters in her upcoming play, Khatijabai of Karmali Terrace.

She tells us, "It is a story of woman who is orphaned at age 14, and because of her poor finances she has to stay with different people. Eventually, as an adult, she meets this seth from Kamali Terrace, and ends up marrying his elder son."

The actress elaborates: "At the age of 75 she suffers from Alzheimer's, so she recreates every person she has met in her life. At one point, she behaves like her husband, then like her mother-in-law, and so on. That is how I had to play 41 different characters."

Jayati admits that it is difficult to play so many characters. "In one minute, I had to change my expression, attitude, body language, everything; it was challenging for me, as the play is only one hour and 15 minutes long so I can't stretch any character for a long time. It is also important to engage the audience when you are the only actor on stage." The play is said to be loosely based on Alyque Padamsee's mother and his son, Quasar.

Though she loves doing theatre, Jayati says TV is her bread and butter. "I normally tell them about my play schedule two months in advance so they ask me to bank episodes. I am ready to sacrifice for my plays, as they give me some great moments. I go for play rehearsals in the morning, and shoot for my show from noon till night."

They play has had two showings outside Mumbai and will premiere in the city on Tuesday at 9pm at Prithvi theatre.

http://www.indya.com/news/newsDetails.aspx?xfile=2009/October/News_20091009_45

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

poooohjjjazzzzz thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Posted: 14 years ago
thanx for the article......
-Afeelicious- thumbnail