Kishwar to play Dr Daakshi in Reth

fliffy thumbnail
Posted: 18 years ago

Kishwar to play Dr Daakshi in Reth
   By: Shaheen Parkar
   November 9, 2005

Doctor do-gooder:
Kishwar Merchant
Kavyanjali's Vanshika (Kishwar Merchant) made her vitriolic moves in league with Nitya (Amrita Singh) in the Star Plus daily. Now, she will be seen playing a do-gooder in the Zee drama, Reth.

Kishwar enters the afternoon daily as Dr Daakshi, to care for the ailing son of the main protagonist, Jia (Deepa Parab).

"It is a positive role," says Kishwar. "Dr Daakshi arrives on the scene to care for Jia's ailing baby," says the actress. This afternoon show has Jia in a daze after she finds her missing son. To add a twist to the tale, there is also the track about who the father of the child is.

Kishwar played a medico in the Sony show Dhadkan a few years ago. "Playing Dr Daakshi now makes me a really experienced doctor on the small screen," she says.

Of late, Kishwar's track as Vanshika has been erratic in Kavyanjali. She is also not part of the current Hong Kong schedule of the Balaji drama. "As there was time on hand, I decided to take on another show," says the actress.

Her look in Reth is extremely contemporary. "Dr Daakshi is a young, married doctor. She will be seen in jeans, when not on duty, and in churidar-kurtas while in hospital." Incidentally, Kishwar recently also shot for Doordarshan's thriller series, Detective Karan, in which she did a cameo.

source - mid day

Edited by fliffy - 18 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

fliffy thumbnail
hmmm...another new character entering the show....i just wonder when the show will reach a conclusion 😊
ellen4eva thumbnail

Originally posted by: fliffy

hmmm...another new character entering the show....i just wonder when the show will reach a conclusion 😊

same here😊

aqua thumbnail
lets see if she has a significant role in the drama. πŸ˜‰
Yuvika_15 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5
i gt a feelin she will b Kshom's doctor