Damini: The Lightening

LadyMcbeth thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail
Posted: 14 years ago
Disclaimer: This post is a late reaction from watching Friday's episode.

Damini is BACK and HOW! I felt like patting, hugging and applauding the girl for giving Prithvi an earful after his weird behaviour on Friday. I felt like screaming from the rooftops - GIRL YOU ROCK! Poor Prithvi didn't know what hit him. LOWED Damini's dialogue ... "You saved my life and that's why I took care of you, behaved sympathetically with you. You misunderstood my concern for my weakness" ... *sigh* PURE GOLD! Prithvi a.k.a. Earth shook as though he was struck with a proverbial lightening a.k.a. Damini ... and time stood still!

Please God (read creatives) don't change this woman. This is the exact quality that will make that MCP man fall for her. Don't turn her into a lame damsel in distress.

This is my first post in this forum.

Thoughts/praises/brickbats 😉 ??????
Edited by LadyMcbeth - 14 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Who-I-Used-2-Be thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Prajs, dear, where have you been hiding all this time? Damini hasn't been a damsel in distress for quite a while now..Her redemption started when she threw Inder aka Mongoose Skin out of her life in front of the whole world during the press conference some time ago..And since then, our firecracker hasn't looked back..And Friday's episode was just an icing on the cake..Damini Gujral is back, and how! Damsel in distress? That's old news..😊

Edit: And will fall? Dude has already fallen hard and fast for her or is halfway there..He is just too stubborn, and kinda angry right now to realize it..😉
Edited by Who-I-Used-2-Be - 14 years ago
LadyMcbeth thumbnail
Sarah, my love, thanks so much for replying. Much to your surprise I have been following the show for quite a while now. Old news or new just have a different perspective, tis all ... just because she threw Inder out of her life in that press conference didn't necessarily not qualify her as a dam(n)sel in distress in my POV. Inder was a sissy anyway. To stand up against him was like standing up against a noodle. But standing up against an arrogant/intimidating hunk - now THAT is something. She "let" Prithvi act as her knight in shining armour and lowered her guard, which in turn made that presumptuous MCP think that he could rule the world! Nothing against P ... I like him. I like PriDa. I LOWE their chemistry But I like Damini more ... if that makes sense. To see her back in her element was pure gold!

Edit: Agree with the he's fallen for her bit! He's just ignorant of it. Only IF he looks beyond the burning pyre of his father, will he see light :-)
I agree she stood her ground and which is why we love Damini Gujaral so much...

Great Post...
I think it was a big step that she refused to take crap from Inder in front of the whole world..Damini has always come across as someone who put their family's name and well being above their own..She even decided to marry Mongoose Skin in the first place not because she loved him, but because her family approved of him, and her mom wanted her to marry him..When that press conference started, Damini looked confused and showed lack of confidence, and most thought she wouldn't be able to stand up to Ind..But she emerged as a tigress and proved everybody wrong..It qualifies as a big step in my book that she rejected him in front of the world and didn't care about what people would say..

And nah!! Dude didn't think that he could rule the world just because she let him be her knight..:-p (though I am aware you probably weren't being literal when you used the term)He was angry with himself for being so affected by her and was obnoxious enough to let that anger out on her, to which she reacted the way she should have..:-p Kudos to her for that..!
LadyMcbeth thumbnail
*sigh* Sarah ... we are going to have to agree to disagree on that then.

I'm not saying that it was insignificant for Damini to call out Inder's bluff in a press conference. But I would've thought that for a MD of an empire, the eldest daughter of Ila Gujral, technically a son of the family, to have an assertiveness mixed with aggressiveness ingrained in her. I know can say so because I can so identify with her character.

And I know that Prithvi was angry with himself for being affected with her and forgetting his main motive "revenge". But her softening towards him had him think that he was getting closer to her and acting as her friend in need. He just got an awakening that ALL women are not weaklings. As a woman I felt like cheering for Damini. His "woh aurat jab apni haad mein rehain" stance seemed to be blurring. He liked her in spite of himself. And I felt like celebrating to that moment!

Prajs..I can identify a lot with Damini's character too, though I'm not all her..But I am a lot like her..And I am not saying it was impossible for the real Damini- the Damini she is supposed to be to reject Ind in front of the whole world.. In fact, we should have expected to see Damini acting strong in front of the whole world, going by her character description..But prior to the press conference, she had been acting weakly and the creatives mostly showed her being dependent on Pri to deal with Inder..So, it was a big leap, and kind of a resurrection of her character that for once she stood up to Inder, didn't ask for Pri's help or wait for it, and didn't care what it would do to her family or what the reaction of the world would be..

And I know it's possible that Pri might have secretly enjoyed that he has become Damini's confidant, but they have showed him admiring her guts after the press conference, and at other occasions too..So, I wouldn't say that Pri thought Prior to Damini's outburst that she was a weakling,  totally dependent on him..He has already been shown admiring her strength to himself, he is not a fool that he would consider her weak after all that he has witnessed..:-)
diyafah thumbnail
I didn't see today's episode. BUT OMGHHH, YEAHHH! SHE'S BACKKK!😃😃 I am so HAPPY and Excitedd!😃 😃😃 I can't wait to see today's episode!😃
LadyMcbeth thumbnail

Originally posted by: Who-I-Used-2-Be

Prajs..I can identify a lot with Damini's character too, though I'm not all her..But I am a lot like her..And I am not saying it was impossible for the real Damini- the Damini she is supposed to be to reject Ind in front of the whole world.. In fact, we should have expected to see Damini acting strong in front of the whole world, going by her character description..But prior to the press conference, she had been acting weakly and the creatives mostly showed her being dependent on Pri to deal with Inder..So, it was a big leap, and kind of a resurrection of her character that for once she stood up to Inder, didn't ask for Pri's help or wait for it, and didn't care what it would do to her family or what the reaction of the world would be..

And I know it's possible that Pri might have secretly enjoyed that he has become Damini's confidant, but they have showed him admiring her guts after the press conference, and at other occasions too..So, I wouldn't say that Pri thought Prior to Damini's outburst that she was a weakling,  totally dependent on him..He has already been shown admiring her strength to himself, he is not a fool that he would consider her weak after all that he has witnessed..:-)

Bolded - WORD 👏 That is exactly what I was trying to say, only not in so many words.

Yes Prithvi has been admiring her, but he was also HOPING that she would eventually weaken. THAT'S his mission. And THAT'S why he's here. And that's why time and again I mention that I want to raise a toast to Damini's attitude last Friday!

I am so loving this Sarah ... *hugs* just like the old days. We dissect and dissect the characters until we start living them.

Ehehehheheh..Old times indeed!! *hugs back* Oh! I already live and breathe these characters..Welcome to the club..*nostalgia*

Yes, he hopes he would weaken her, then admires her for her strength, then forgets all about his mission, and then gets angry for that..That's his routine now..:-p