From what I've tasted of desire
I hold with those who favor fire.
But if it had to perish twice,
I think I know enough of hate
To say that for destruction ice
Is also great
And would suffice.

-Robert Frost~

What if we tried associating Prithvi and Damini's personalities and their equation with classic elements? What would it be; fire, earth, water, wind? Somehow I can't link either Prithvi or Damini with any of earth or wind; as characters, they seem too larger than life for that. If one thinks of Avni, she might seem more like earth, which lays a foundation for and gives support to everything, or wind, because Avni is like the cool and soothing morning breeze and has a calming presence, or maybe even water, flowing in the form of a stream, steady and serene. But Prithvi and Damini; whenever I think of these two, only two words come to my mind; Fire, ice, ice, fire, and the chant continues.

Fire and ice, ice and fire: totally different but equally destructive, and somehow same.

(OK, here I'm obviously taking the liberty of replacing water with ice, because ice seems more apt to me in this scenario. One more thing, obviously Prithvi and Damini will have some personality traits which may identify them with earth or wind too, but I'm basing this thing on pure instinct and what you impulsively think of these two characters if you try to associate them with elements. )

Let's analyze Prithvi and Damini's personality traits:

Prithvi: Cool, calm, collected, and analyzes things before taking a step. Like Eks once said, he's more like the "let's-think-this-through-kinda-guy". I think the thing which relates Prithvi most to fire is the fact that he does have a bit of a temper (of course you may argue that he's borderline hot and that's enough to associate him with fire; but this analysis isn't based on that line of thought), but so far, he hasn't done anything to suggest that he is totally unthinking when he is angry, and he seems really good at controlling it. Even when he is seething with anger, he seems to be in charge of things and his own thought process, and he's more like people who weigh their options before deciding anything. And even when he is vengeful, he has this chilly attitude towards things.

So, it seems we can rule out the fire option for him.  Prithvi seems really tough, both mentally and physically. That's neither earth, nor wind. What is the remaining option? You guessed it, ice. Ice is really tough, until it melts. Prithvi's melting point will be the state where and when he surrenders his mind and soul to Damini, completely and utterly, realizing, acknowledging and admitting the fact that he isn't the solitary voyager in his journey in life anymore, and that Damini has the reins of his life now. Ice will melt into water at that historic moment in PriDa's journey, and Prithvi's mind will find serenity when it accepts Damini as its own, and his soul will feel light, flow freely, like a river, like a stream..

Damini: There was never a doubt in my mind about this. When you think about Damini, only one word comes to your mind, fire. Damini Gujral has to be fire, not wind, neither water and nor earth. Damini Gujral is too impulsive for all these things. She has a fiery temper, acts mostly on impulse, destroys everything which tries to get in the way (speaking metaphorically only; and in a good way.) Yes, she has toned down a bit these days considering the circumstances, but she has always been fiery. Remember how she didn't give a second chance to the employee who questioned a girl's ability to handle horses and revolvers. You don't mess with Damini Gujral, she's it. Another thing which is interesting is the fact that her strongest reactions have mostly been caused by Prithvi, thanks to his presence or the way he treated her, not at all the kind of behavior Damini usually expects from people interacting with her. We've seen his presence affects her very strongly, be it in a negative way or in a positive fashion; and whether it was the initial hate toward him, the desire to fire him, attraction wrapped under the veil of hate, or her being too aware of him; it has always been very passionate. So, in the Prithvi-Damini equation, it's Damini who identifies with fire.

When will this fire meet an end, and what exactly will be its end, its destination, you might ask? When Prithvi reaches his melting point, when he finds solace in the fact that he now has someone he can share his life with, when ice finally melts into water, that will be the time for fire to extinguish, that will be the end to its reign. But what does fire leave behind?  Something called ashes. Yes, but it doesn't mean that's the end of the story, or the end of Damini Gujral. Phoenixes rise from their ashes again when their time ends.(Taking from myths) It's not that the day Damini surrenders her soul to Prithvi; she'll be tinted and only left in the form of ashes. No, she'll be a phoenix, a new bird; it'll be a new life for her. There will be a new Prithvi Saxena, and there willl be a new Damini Gujral. They do say love changes people for the better after all.

So, what do y'all think? Is PriDa equation "fire + fire = PriDa" or "fire + ice = PriDa" in your opinion? Or do you have something totally different in your mind for them?
--

Honestly I don't know what gave me this crazy idea and what I was thinking when I penned it down and where it went in the end, 'cause my mind is spinning right now. PriDa are messing up with my mind big time, dude.

No really, go ahead..Call me a geek..😛 I won't mind..

Edited by Who-I-Used-2-Be - 14 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

ash08 thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 14 years ago
Sarah, beautifully written. 👏 Honey you have a way with words and clarity in thoughts.

I think it would be fire and ice. Both these elements have the characteristics to nurture and destroy. Being the elder siblings in the family, they nurture. And when things get in the way of their families, they tend to destroy it. Fire melts ice and ice controls fire....... these both are made for each other. They will burn with passion, cool their surroundings with their serenity and totally complement each other. They are made for each other.

And yeah, PriDa are totally messing with our brains. 😆
Bugger thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
My God sarah .....brilliant post .....👏
wat a analysation!! i m speechless ..........i think only u can cum up wit a post which contains such purity..........
u hav given a perfect description of both P and D
But i think sumwher down the line they both have both the qualaties in them! Prithvi is ice no doubt ...but sumwhere deep inside ,he has immense fire in him and same goes with damini ......at the look of it ...she is volatile and fiery but deep inside she is a subtle woman who works wit her brains and heart...........so they r not only opposites in both teh case but complimentry too and thts wat make them a perfect couple.
once again sarah wonderful post
Edited by Bugger - 14 years ago
Who-I-Used-2-Be thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: ash08

I think it would be fire and ice. Both these elements have the characteristics to nurture and destroy. Being the elder siblings in the family, they nurture. And when things get in the way of their families, they tend to destroy it. Fire melts ice and ice controls fire....... these both are made for each other. They will burn with passion, cool their surroundings with their serenity and totally complement each other. They are made for each other.

Goodness Ash, that was hot..Honestly, you summed it up beautifully..⭐️ 😍

Let me take it all in..😊

Bugger thumbnail

Sarah, beautifully written. 👏 Honey you have a way with words and clarity in thoughts.

And yeah, PriDa are totally messing with our brains. 😆

*fainted*

wait till i  recover 😆
Who-I-Used-2-Be thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Ash..I'll say it again..Your description literally took my breath away..*still not completely in my senses..will take some time to recover..*

Originally posted by: Bugger

But i think sumwher down the line they both have both the qualaties in them! Prithvi is ice no doubt ...but sumwhere deep inside ,he has immense fire in him and same goes with damini ......at the look of it ...she is volatile and fiery but deep inside she is a subtle woman who works wit her brains and heart...........so they r not only opposites in both teh case but complimentry too and thts wat make them a perfect couple.
once again sarah wonderful post

Thanks a lot, Bugs, my dear, thanks a lot..

And very well said..⭐️ I totally agree, in fact not only fire and ice, both Pri and Da surely have other qualities, of earth and wind too..It's just that Pri is more ice, and Da is more fire..And you're so right, Prithvi is kind of passionate about things he cares for, and that totally associates him with fire..Damini Gujral's brains, and her attitude when she's really thinking and not acting on impulse is kinda icy..So, this can go anywhere..But at their very cores, they remain fire and ice..

And yeah, baby, they complement each other perfectly..What a couple, folks, what a couple..!
ash08 thumbnail

Originally posted by: Who-I-Used-2-Be

Ash..I'll say it again..Your description literally took my breath away..*still not completely in my senses..will take some time to recover..*

Thanks Sarah.. 😊

Thanks Bugger. Would love to hear your comments once u have recovered. 😆
maybe-just thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

@ Sarah: Yes your a geek...😛

But I'm even more of a geek 😆 because I enjoyed reading your analysis as well as understanding where you were coming from! 😉

PriDa for me were unusal from the start your theory about the Fire - Ice is amazing but for me it's a little different!

I always saw Prithvi and Damini differently,  I mean 2 totally big headed people -yes i know what your thinking but in the sense their ego were so big - they both seemed to have opinions about how everything should be and when they met it was like an explosion in my opinion, though now we can see how much both have changed, and how their scenes can be so steamy due to their amazing chemistry, Damini was always attracted to Prithvi from the start because all she ever wanted in life as a strong and powerful man beside her and walla there was our Prithvi.
Whereas Prithvi on the other hand, had always thought that in life Men protect and look after women but his views changed as soon as he met Damini who seemed to be so strong and different to what he'd imagined, I think this was the point at which Prithvi was taken back but also mystified and became curious as to how can a girl especially Damini be like how she is! And also because he had never met anyone like Damini also was attracted to her!

I think it's kinda amazing, that these two souls are going to be together because they complete each other in so many ways! 😉
Edited by maybe-just - 14 years ago
Bugger thumbnail

Thanks Sarah.. 😊

Thanks Bugger. Would love to hear your comments once u have recovered. 😆

finally i came back frm ICU 😆
ash ......watever u hav written was fab and made perfect sense ......it was sooo true .....very well written .👏⭐️......i juss hope i dun see many such posts as for today in this topic .......first sarah,  then u ...if i read anything more ...i will directly reach swarg lok😆
Edited by Bugger - 14 years ago
ash08 thumbnail

Originally posted by: Bugger

finally i came back frm ICU 😆
ash ......watever u hav written was fab and made perfect sense ......it was sooo true .....very well written .👏⭐️......i juss hope i dun see many such posts as for today in this topic .......first sarah,  then u ...if i read anything more ...i will directly reach swarg lok😆

Thanks dearie, you are so sweet!!

I know. PriDa are making us crazy!! 😆