12/24 KB Articles Archive

-Shankar- thumbnail
Posted: 14 years ago
      12/24 Karol Bagh Articles Archive

Post all 12/24 Karol Bagh Articles here!

Please don't post anything from Tellychakkar or IndianTelevision because IF is in competition with those sites! Warning : NO COMMENTS

Thanks!😃
Edited by zfan - 14 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

-Shankar- thumbnail
                          Smriti Excited About Show

Smriti says, "As an RJ you are high on life. You go- hey people and blah blah. You're adrenaline is several notches higher than the normal people. So yes, I did think if jumping over to the field of acting is really suitable for me. But then, I thought people only recognize my face and with television as the medium, people will also get to recognize my face. So why not?"

Smriti further adds, "To be successful in your career you need hard work, aptitude and attitude. I am putting in a lot of hard work. My aptitude is developing. And attitude I think  I have the needed amount. So I'm really not worried about acting as a career. As long as it goes on well, I'm here to stay."

The debutant has joined the field of acting against the advice of one and all. "According to my father, media is a fake world. And all my family members told me not to take up the offer because according to them I'm too intelligent to be an actor," she says between peals of laughter.

A journalism student, on her way to acquire an MBA, Smriti has spent her childhood in different parts of India as her father is from the Indian army. "Although I've grown up in different parts of India, I'm basically a Delhiite because both my mom and dad are from Delhi," says the actress.

Smriti plays the role of Simi Sethi in 12/24 Karol Bagh. She is the eldest of the three daughters, and is at the receiving end of a lot of rejection when it comes to marriage proposals.

-Shankar- thumbnail
                        12/24 Karol Bagh on Zee

The newly launched TV serial on Zee TV titled 12/24; Karol Bagh deals with the conflict of values between parents and youngsters. 12/24; Karol Bagh has been shot in the real locations of Delhi and not in the conventional way of shooting in a Mumbai studio.

Sukesh Motwani, creative head of Zee TV, told, "This show has been shot in Delhi and by actors from Delhi. But the storyline is very universal and will appeal to a much larger audience. It is about how old and new sensibilities among people of different age groups co-exist nowadays and how parents are ready to understand the dilemma of their children".

The instances in the serials are such that the audience will be able to relate to them. "Such instances and more are what the audience will get to see and will relate to through the show", said Sukesh Motwani.

When asked about the problems faced while shooting the episodes in Delhi, Sudhir Sharma, head of Sunshine Productions, told, "A lot of technical things related to shooting are organized in Mumbai. But we got the right flavour of the show in Delhi. There were slight issues arranging technicians and all, but it's paid off well".
-Shankar- thumbnail
The shot has been shot mostly in Delhi. The lavish set has been erected in Delhi and this is the first time that any show will actually reflect day to day life of Delhi. Most of the actors in the show are new except Hunar Ali last seen in Mrutyudand story of Koi Aane Ko Hai and RJ Smriti who anchored shows for Red FM in Delhi is making her TV debut. Hunar has also worked in a show called Grihasthi on Star Plus before. New actor Wasim Sheikh will be opposite her.

The show in one way is providing platforms for young talents by introducing new faces." It is the story of a family Sethi which has three girls and about their everyday happenings. Both Hunar and Smriti are playing leads in the show. Initially the show was supposed to start in the middle of this month but since Betiyann got extension, we also got to shoot for few more in advance. Right now the promos are on for the show, we have given another time slot and date for a launch which was in next month but finally we got this prime time slot and we are happy about it .We have been getting good responses for the promos, hope the show will also get positive responses too, " an Indya source explains.

http://www.indya.com/news/newsDetails.aspx?xfile=2009/August/News_20090820_104
-Shankar- thumbnail

Karol Bagh Revamped To Seem Commonplace

Zee and Sunshine Productions' recently launched show, '12/24 Karol Bagh' holds the distinction of being the very first show on Indian Television to be shot completely in Delhi. 

Going out of the main production hub of Mumbai was not an easy task for the channel as well as the production house. However, they had to find a way for themselves, and put up a well built set in the outskirts of Delhi.

Says a source from the team, "Our farm house is based 10 Kms inside Chattarpur. When we got here, it was a five acre plot which had a big lavish bungalow owned by a rich guy. He had very tastefully done the interiors of the house, and had furnished it with top class German and Italian furniture sets. However, we had to do away with all the luxury, and had to renovate the house so that it deems perfect to be called the 'Sethi House'. We got away with all the costly sets, and furnished the place with goods bought at Lajpath Nagar and Kashmiri Gate".

Hunar Halli who plays Mili Sethi tells us, "The house was very modern and posh and was not in line to the Sethi family. So our art director Akanksha did a wonderful job of refurnishing the whole house from one corner to the other. Even our producer Seema Sudhir gave a lot of creative inputs."

Talking more about the place, our source states, "There is no transport at all to this place apart from the cars we have. Traffic is not that much at this place, but commuting daily is difficult owing to the distance. Though the actors do not stay at the farm house, most of the unit and crew members reside in the farm house in order to avoid long hours of travel".

But the best thing about the entire place is its serene beauty. "We have parks and gardens inside the campus. We have a jogging track wherein many of us jog when free. We have the swings to play on and relax when we need the much needed break. In fact, many of the actors in their leisure time, sit on the swings (jhoolas) and talk to their family members", further states our source.