Saat Phere gets a new director now

jingle thumbnail
Posted: 18 years ago

Rajshri Thakur

Saat Phere gets a new director now
Tuesday, November 01, 2005 | Television

Jassi's Rajan Shahi takes over from director Rakesh Sarang

Sapana Patil

In recent development, veteran director Rakesh Sarang of Hare Kaanch ki Choodiyaan fame has been replaced by Rajan Shahi, Jassi's director. The latter will now direct Zee's Saat Phere.

Sarang says, "I don't want to say anything about it. I was required to direct 16 episodes, which I have done. I have been working since 15 years but never witnessed such trends in the industry. Now there is no creativity, everything has become 'practical'. So I have decided that I will just direct the initial episodes of a serial and then leave it for someone else to continue. I will divert my energy into creating the characters, moulding the shape of the serial and leave it for the new director to take it from there."

Sarang is also the writer and co-producer of Hare Kaanch Ki Choodiyaan for Sahara One.

Meanwhile Rajan Shahi who was directing Jassi Jaissi Koi Nahin and Kareena Kareena earlier has been hired to direct the soap. Currently, he is also directing Miilee Shahi says, "Zee wanted me to direct two soaps, one was Saat Phere and the other was Deeya and Tony Singh's new soap. But I took up only Saat Phere. I am very excited about this and am looking forward to directing it."

• Now there is no creativity, everything has become practical — Rakesh Sarang

E-mail this article

Print this article

Search archive

Rate this article Comments View Comments

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

jasmin thumbnail