Women equal rights vs Women Reservation

-Believe- thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 14 years ago
Hi...

The Union Cabinet on Thursday approved a proposal to increase reservation for women to 50 per cent in Panchayats.

The proposal, listed for consideration at the Cabinet meeting on Thursday, was approved, Information and Broadcasting Minister Ambika Soni told mediapersons.

Yes its true...Gender based reservation helps n cover all section of women........but 50% reservation for obc-st-sc etc......50% for women.....😳where will normal men go ??? 😊After 62 years of independence why people do not call them natural citizen ? Why they are not competent. Only becouse of the Reservation we stand divided today than at any time earlier....only all cos of 'vote stunt'......now quota is for panchayats..why not in parliments!!!? Do you think the new reservation system empower women or not!!!? Women having equal rights, reservation is necessary??......😊

Just chill n Njoy

Vinu Nair

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Eventide thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Being a woman, I am against the whole concept of reservation. It is akin to saying 'We are not competent enough, we need reservation to secure the job/post'.

Secondly, even if a woman were to secure the post through general category, her male colleagues would always consider it otherwise. Such has been the case with many ST/SC candidates who secured seats in prestigious intitutions through general category.

And the reservation in Panchayats is a whole different story. Most of these women are just figure-heads. With their husbands actually running the show. Somewhat similar to what Rabri Devi was in Bihar.
I'm going to quote what I said on another topic; (just substituting the key word here; the rest of my posts stands as it was before):

[quote] Why single out only women? Every single individual owes the right to be educated and treated equally like others. Having a special reservation for a particular group would prove that group to be the different one amongst all others, and in that way, it is a tad bit more discriminatory and unfair. The aim shouldn't be to provide reservation for groups that are lacking in civil rights, but rather to provide a system where every groups can coexist harmoniously, and treated equally. Quota reservation is going to be counter-productive. Why should we be going backward? [/quote]
Edited by PhoeniXof_Hades - 14 years ago
IdeaQueen thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Believe

Hi...

The Union Cabinet on Thursday approved a proposal to increase reservation for women to 50 per cent in Panchayats.

The proposal, listed for consideration at the Cabinet meeting on Thursday, was approved, Information and Broadcasting Minister Ambika Soni told mediapersons.

Yes its true...Gender based reservation helps n cover all section of women........but 50% reservation for obc-st-sc etc......50% for women.....😳where will normal men go ??? 😊After 62 years of independence why people do not call them natural citizen ? Why they are not competent. Only becouse of the Reservation we stand divided today than at any time earlier....only all cos of 'vote stunt'......now quota is for panchayats..why not in parliments!!!? Do you think the new reservation system empower women or not!!!? Women having equal rights, reservation is necessary??......😊

Just chill n Njoy

Vinu Nair

Vinu,
Nice topic :)
I personally hate reservations of any type. Women DON"T NEED reservations in anyform ,anytype. If they take reservations it just means that they accepting that they are INFERIOR to Men ;).
Cheers,
Myth
i havent seen any man in real life or on this forum ever accept that women r treated as 2nd class citizens, and they dont share the same status as them. they r equal to men but they r not treated equally. which is very much expected from them as y would they want to build tough competition for themselves and y would they want to make it tougher for themselves to get jobs.  besides y would they want women to stand eye to eye in front of them at home as well as work now?
but what infuriates most is women telling that women dont need reservation.

anyway the crux of this whole debate is first show that there is equality in society, in the minds of people, the the treatment towards women, then say that reservation is not required.

Originally posted by: sandy14

And the reservation in Panchayats is a whole different story. Most of these women are just figure-heads. With their husbands actually running the show. Somewhat similar to what Rabri Devi was in Bihar.

in that case there shouldn't be any problem only, as women will be in panchyat only for the namesake, the real minds would be that of men. women will just get paid for it so men shouldn't have any problem as such.😉

Originally posted by: Believe

.now quota is for panchayats..why not in parliments!!!?

good point. but never the less something is better than nothing. in parliament women should have reservation actually if not 50 then 33% atleast.
souro thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: angelic_devil

i havent seen any man in real life or on this forum ever accept that women r treated as 2nd class citizens, and they dont share the same status as them. they r equal to men but they r not treated equally. which is very much expected from them as y would they want to build tough competition for themselves and y would they want to make it tougher for themselves to get jobs.  besides y would they want women to stand eye to eye in front of them at home as well as work now?
but what infuriates most is women telling that women dont need reservation.
Of course it will infuriate you. How come not everyone is so weak to play the victim and ask for favours. Everyone should conform with your ideas, afterall you have decided in your mind that women are superior and men are of no use. Men are stupid, cunning and they are out to get all the jobs in the world. They deserve everything bad.

anyway the crux of this whole debate is first show that there is equality in society, in the minds of people, the the treatment towards women, then say that reservation is not required.
Equality is definitely not on your mind, why do we need to look any further. Someone who believes in equality won't be supporting reservations and undue favours.
And haven't you spoken enough about how superior women are with their special abilities and how men only waste time at work by gossiping at the smoking zone. Not the ideal person lecturing others about equality.

excuse me but i was really not going to debate on this topic any further. but ur reply has compelled me to do so. there is no need for u to get personal. u dont know who i am , how i am and what i think and its none of ur business too.
 havent said any of the things u have written above. i have just stated plain reasons for the supposed opposition for reservation and disparities between genders.
i stated women r superior bcoz they do more work and take care of more aspects of life than men do. if u cannot accept this fact then that is not my problem. and havnt u stated that women waste time in offices. so i naturally retaliated that men waste more time than women do. i thought this was part of debate , i did not say anything to u personally.
i dont think i am open to anyone's judgments whether i am ideal or not over here. if i want to lecture i will, u dont like it dont read.
Edited by angelic_devil - 14 years ago
souro thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: angelic_devil

excuse me but i was really not going to debate on this topic any furthur. but ur reply has compelled me to do so. there is no need for u to get personal. u dont know who i am , how i am and what i think and its none of ur business too.
 havent said any of the things u have written above. i have just stated plain reasons for the supposed opposition and disparities between genders.
i stated women r superior bcoz they do more work and take care of more ascpects of life than men do. if u cannot accept this fact then that is not my problem. and havnt u stated that women waste time in offices. so i naturally relatiated that men waste more time than women do. i thought this was part of debate , i did not say anything to u personally.
now if u think u r the only ideal person to lecture on DM then please go ahead.

Maybe your memory is failing you but no I didn't say that women waste time at office. The only thing I ever said about women at work is that they too involve in office politics and that was in reply to your post blaming men of all the office politics and getting promotions.

This is what you said:
[quote=angelic_devil]Today also there is a lot of prejudice going on. Its is easier for men to get a job than women. At the lower level I would say no not much difference it would make. but when it comes to higher posts and giving bigger responsibilities all the politics start.[/quote]

This was my reply:
[quote=souro]As if women don't involve themselves in office politics. This is a lame excuse to say women deserve reservation or preferential treatment. A better way is to educate children from a very young age that everyone deserves an equal chance and the most deserving should be chosen based on merit.[/quote]

And you claimed several more things:
[quote=angelic_devil]and ofcourse they r more  competent than men when they r taking care of home,work, children all at the same time.[/quote]
[quote=angelic_devil]doing multiple things equally good is being more competent than men. if men can do one job in a specified time with this much quality and a women does that along with few more things giving the same quality then y should they not be considered more competent.[/quote]
I agreed with you that in general women are better at multi-tasking. But those women who are working obviously devote less time to work and child if you didn't know. No one can possibly give the same quality when doing multiple things which they can give when concentrating only on one task.

[quote=angelic_devil]
ya in the name of proving they r made to put in much much more efforts than men can ever put in.[/quote]
That's an outright lie and I don't know why you're writing such lies over here.

[quote=angelic_devil]
i dont feel any shame also to say that i am biased towards women. [/quote]

And here is another quote about work and office and why there is less female presence at the top. If you read it you'll see it wasn't me who was bashing women but you who was bitching about men:

[quote=souro]Just because there is less female presence at the top even now doesn't mean it's a male conspiracy. Sometimes it happens because women opt out of longer working hours and moving around too much.[/quote]
[quote=angelic_devil]
god how i was expecting such a comment sorry waiting for such a comment. u took too long actually. well this is pure prejudice. i have seen men dallying around in smoking zone like anything, they know more gossip than women do, still women waste time in offices when they fully concentrate and try to finish the target so that they can rush home. for men they dont have to cook food at home so no harm in wasting time and then waiting late. showing the boss they r doing more work. and these r the excuses given at the time of performance appraisal. therefore men get promotions so fast not women. not bcoz theyr r more competent.[/quote]

[quote=angelic_devil]
Oh if I had the sole power to do appraisals, I would grill men more and keep a record of each minute spent in smoking zone chatting.[/quote]

[quote=souro]
Those who are poor, in most of the cases they don't even have the money to keep the male child in school. Which is why I said just make it free for them and also compulsory.[/quote]
[quote=angelic_devil]Ya thats fine. I agree education should be made free and compulsory but only for girls other wise as u said the rich people will get more benefit out of this. The lower middle class people invest more on educating their son and girl just plain graduation or not even that.[/quote]

[quote=angelic_devil]
no is so dumb to put a person 12th pass in a job of an MD. only chauvinist men can do that not women.[/quote]
[quote=angelic_devil]
access to resources is not there bcoz people dont want women to be self reliant. men dont want to make things tougher for themselves by creating competition.[/quote]
[quote=angelic_devil]
the answer is people still have discriminating mentality even highly educated people. and its not bcoz of ignorance or tradition, but cunning mentality. men dont want women to get equal status, they dont want to create more competition for themselves. they know girls r more intelligent which is proved year after year from the board exam results.[/quote]
Edited by souro - 14 years ago