Birth stories of HANUMANJI

_rajnish_ thumbnail
Posted: 14 years ago
There is a few different stories regarding hanumanji birth in different scripture. I will post here as much as i know. I will begin with the birth story as shown in this serial. This is from Srimad bhagwatam and shiv puran😊

According to what written in srimad Bhagavatam(8:12:18-34)😊,
Once Lord Shiva wished to see the most beautiful form of a woman, that being the temporary incarnation of Lord Visnu called Mohini Murti. Lord Shiva knew that he could not be agitated by any so-called beautiful woman. He thought, "The Daityas may have been bewildered but the demigods could not be agitated, what to speak of me who am the best of all the demigods?  I will certainly remain unaffected by seeing Her." Because Lord Shiva wanted to see Lord Vishnu's form as a woman, Lord Visnu decided to appear as a woman and show him a form that would immediately put him in an ocean of lusty desires. In effect therefore, Lord Visnu told Lord Shiva, "I will show you my form as a woman, and if you become agitated and lusty, don't blame Me."

Thereafter, in a nice forest nearby,  Lord Siva saw a beautiful woman playing with a ball. Her hips were covered with a shining 'sari' and ornamented with a belt, The woman's face was decorated by broad, beautiful restless eyes, which moved as the ball bounced here and there from Her hand. The two brilliant earrings on Her ears decorated Her shining cheeks like bluish reflections, and the hair scattered on Her face made Her even more beautiful to see. As she played with the ball, the 'sari' covering Her body became loose, and Her hair scattered. She tried to bind Her hair with her right hand. This was so attractive that the Supreme Lord, by His internal potency, in this way captivated everyone.

While Lord Shiva observed the beautiful woman playing with the ball, She sometimes glanced at him and slightly smiled in bashfulness. As he looked at the beautiful woman and She watched him, he forgot both himself and Uma, his most beautiful wife, as well as his associates nearby. When the ball leaped from Her hand and fell at a distance, the woman began to follow it, but as Lord Shiva observed these activities, a breeze suddenly blew away the fine dress and belt that covered Her. Thus Lord Shiva saw the woman, every part of whose body was beautifully formed, and the beautiful woman also looked at him. Therefore, thinking that She was attracted to him, Lord Shiva became very much attracted to Her. Lord Shiva, his good sense taken away by the woman because of lusty desires to enjoy with Her, became so mad for Her that even in the presence of Bhavani (his wife) he did not hesitate to approach Her. The beautiful woman was already naked, and when She saw Lord Shiva coming toward Her, She became extremely bashful. Thus She kept smiling, but She hid Herself among the trees and did not stand in one place. His senses being agitated, Lord Shiva, victimized by lusty desires, began to follow Her. After following Her with great speed, Lord Shiva caught Her by the braid of Her hair and dragged Her near him. Although She was unwilling, he embraced Her with his arms. Being embraced by Lord Shiva the woman whose hair was scattered, swirled like a snake

She released Herself somehow or other from the fond embrace of Lord Shiva's arms and ran away. As if harassed by an enemy in the form of lusty desires, Lord Shiva followed the path of Lord Visnu, Who acts very wonderfully and who had taken the form of Mohini.Lord Shiva followed the beautiful woman and discharged semen, even though his discharge of semen never goes in vain. wheresoever on the surface of the globe fell the semen of the great personality of Lord Shiva, mines of gold and silver later appeared. Following Mohini, Lord Shiva went everywhere - near the shores of the rivers and lakes, near the mountains, near the forests, near the gardens, and wherever there lived great sages.

This is what written in srimad Bhagvatam. the same story is there is shiv puran and it continued further--
Some of the semen was carried carefully by Vayu( wind-god) and impregnated into the ear of the monkey Queen Anjana, and thus Hanumanji was conceived, by Vayu.😊

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

sitakshii thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
thanks for the story rajnish
in this show it was shown that pawan dev carried a bright prakash puj ,which LORD SHIVA gave to pawan dev & asked him to hand over  the prakas punj to anjana & kesri ,who were doing tapasya

so pawan dev carried tht prakash punj(a bright globe) & handed it over to anjana & kesri & asked them to accept it

when anjana & kesri accepted the prakas punj ,tht prakash punj vanished iniside the stomach of ANAJAN MATA !!!!
Edited by sita11 - 14 years ago
Savi13 thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
thanks rajnish u have shared this stry earlier when we had discussion thread on hanumanji
plzz fwd others stories too

desichica thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
thanx rajnish for the story!!!

I remember a discussion we did in RF where some1 had posted that when King Dhashrath had performed the yagna with his wives to beget sons he recieved a bowl with kheer (i think)...and when he distributed the kheer amongst his wives a crow snatched a bit of it and gave some of it to Anajani mayi!!!! Or something like that!!!!
And that is how Hanumanji was born!!!! Which is y he is also considered Ramji's brother as well, right?!!!!

If i was wrong in this, please feel free to correct me ne1....and i apologize if i was wrong!!!!
Savi13 thumbnail

Originally posted by: desichica

thanx rajnish for the story!!!

I remember a discussion we did in RF where some1 had posted that when King Dhashrath had performed the yagna with his wives to beget sons he recieved a bowl with kheer (i think)...and when he distributed the kheer amongst his wives a crow snatched a bit of it and gave some of it to Anajani mayi!!!! Or something like that!!!!
And that is how Hanumanji was born!!!! Which is y he is also considered Ramji's brother as well, right?!!!!

If i was wrong in this, please feel free to correct me ne1....and i apologize if i was wrong!!!!

even i heard this story too
had we discussed this earlier also on Rf about this story which suniti has said
if anyone know it plzz tell that from where this story has been taken which religious text
_rajnish_ thumbnail

Originally posted by: sam1903

even i heard this story too
had we discussed this earlier also on Rf about this story which suniti has said
if anyone know it plzz tell that from where this story has been taken which religious text

yes suniti and sam di you both are right. that story of Hanumanji is there in aanand Ramayan. It may be in some other scriptures i will chk and tell you later.
Savi13 thumbnail

Originally posted by: Rajnish_Kumar

yes suniti and sam di you both are right. that story of Hanumanji is there in aanand Ramayan. It may be in some other scriptures i will chk and tell you later.

thanks Rajnish

RamKiSeeta thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 6
Thanks for these stories Rajnish! They're very interesting!πŸ‘πŸΌ