Aakash on playing Lord Ganesh

sattvik thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Posted: 14 years ago
Aakash on playing Lord Ganesha

Aakash Nair, who is portraying the role of little Lord Ganesha in Sahara One's new serial Ganesh Leela, has been having trouble with the trunk he has to wear for the shoots.

He tells us, "I got this role through auditions. I was very nervous on the first day of the shoot, but the directors and co-actors were supportive." The role requires Aakash to wear a heavy trunk for hours together. "This trunk is very big and it troubles me a lot; I can't have my lunch and after removing it I have a severe headache. My makeup takes around two hours. It's so hot, and after removing the trunk it is even hotter and stinks a lot. I haven't been shooting for three days so I'm just relaxing."

Aakash is a Class IV student at Iskon Bhaktivedant School. He says, "I finished my exams on August 7. I get good support from the teachers and my friends. All of them have liked my performances and they call me Lord Ganesha." So what will he do this Ganesh Chaturthi? "If I'm not shooting, I will go to Siddhivinayak temple with my parents and I will pray to the Lord to make my serial successful."

http://www.indya.com/news/newsDetails.aspx?xfile=2009/August/News_20090821_112
Edited by sattvik - 14 years ago