We live in Michael Jackson’s world: SRK

~prettyinpink~ thumbnail
Posted: 14 years ago

We live in Michael Jackson's world: SRK

KUNAL M SHAH , MUMBAI MIRROR 20 August 2009, 09:12am IST
Email Discuss Bookmark/Share Save Text Size: |
Michael Jackson has influenced Bollywood for decades now. From his signature moves to his singing, he has inspired everyone from musicians to
Shah Rukh Khan More Pics
technicians.

Now, Bollywood unites to pay a heartfelt tribute to the King of Pop in a video, which will be aired on Michael Jackson's birthday on August 29. The initiative has been taken by Shah Rukh Khan himself.

Vishal Dadlani confirmed the story and said, "The song is titled, We lived in his world."

Our source said, "Shah Rukh Khan is a huge fan of the late Michael Jackson and when the creative heads in Red Chilles pitched the idea, he loved it. He had cried when he learnt about MJ's death. He was also supposed to attend one of the London concerts which never happened. So, the idea was finalised and they decided to make a music video as a tribute. The best talent for the song was Vishal of the Vishal-Shekhar duo. Vishal is a huge fan too and he was in shock for days when he learnt about MJ's death.

He has written this passionate song and it has been composed by Vishal-Shekhar. They are also the performers in the video with singers Kay Kay, Shaan, Sunidhi Chauhan and Shreya Goshal, among others. The video will have heartfelt messages by top stars like SRK, Hrithik Roshan, Prabhu Deva, Shahid Kapoor, Harman Baweja, Yuvraj Singh, Katrina Kaif, Kangna Ranaut and Priyanka Chopra, among others. The video, currently being shot, is directed by Samar Khan."

The source further said, "None of the people associated with the video has charged a penny and it's their love for the legendary singer that has brought them together. It's been shot in low lighting and has a unique mood. The video will be aired on all the leading channels on August 29, MJ's birthday. The song has been choreographed by Remo."

Fans around the world have been deeply saddened since June 25th, including me.😭 I'll be looking forward to seeing the video. Hopefully it'll be something grand. After all, it's being made for such a beautiful, caring and beyond talented man like Michael.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

fly2me thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
I am looking forward to seeing the video too...
pksanam thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
looking forward to it.... Vishal-Shekhar are extremely talented and have superb music, so i'm sure it'll be one heck of a song...!

that was very sweet of SRK to produce it... 😃

i'm sure many MJ fans would appreciate the gesture... 😊
Edited by pksanam - 14 years ago
mz.gigglez thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Yeah that is indeed really nice of SRK, Vishal & Shehkar. Vishal tweeted that the idea & concept was by SRK himself.
pksanam thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: mz.gigglez

Yeah that is indeed really nice of SRK, Vishal & Shehkar. Vishal tweeted that the idea & concept was by SRK himself.

did he... i think it's brilliant...

MJ was a great artist... i hope the song is brilliant... and considering vishal-shekhar's previous works, i'm sure it'll be one of the greatest tributes... really looking forward to it...!
Well thats great news! Michael Jackson did such great philantrophic work to fight poverty around the world.. its great that bollywood has decided unite and pay tribute for such a great cause. Looking forward to it!
ooohhhh god!!
this made my day
shahrukh is soooooooooooooooo right
we live in MJ's world-wowowo srk..
i loveeeee u now.. haha
super excited for this. i wanna see this video so baddd..
its an amazing tribute =).. though august 29th will be a very sad dayy  =(
Seniorita01 thumbnail
Awww Shahrukh cried along with his family:( I'm not surprised, Michael's death had me fighting tears for weeks and weeks. I'm super excited for August 29th now, though babii.girl's right, it's gonna be sad:( But still yipeee Vishal-Shekhar are the awesomest music directors, I'm glad they're a part of this.
Nice thing to do and going to be a amazing video..thanks for the article.
xLusciouSx thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
it was so nice of them to make the tribute video. everyone looked so real and deeply touched by mj. may he rest in peace