My name is 'Khan'!!publicity stunt

-Believe- thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 14 years ago
Hi.....

"The U.S. government was an inadvertent accomplice to 20th Century Fox, which is investing millions in this movie," chuckling, referring to a joint venture between Hollywood and Bollywood to distribute the film"

"I was really being hassled, perhaps because of my name being Khan," actor Shah Rukh Khan

Srk ordeal at a Us airport is "Not a big deal" There have been no attacks there since 9/11 because of their stringent security measures. I think it (the security check) is a good thing - Salman Khan

Do you this this is a publicity stunt for Shahrukh's new film..."My name is Khan"

Do you think Shahrukh can do anything for his movie??

Views n comments plz😊

chill...

Vinu nair

Edited by Believe - 14 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Summer3 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
This is rubbish excuse for discrimination against people from India and Pakistan.  I believe u are referring to SRK being held up for 2 hours at USA Airport Security.Edited by Summer3 - 14 years ago
-RD- thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5
Hey

Actually the above incident if it happened as its being reported then ..its quite an unfortunate thing to happen ...but really laws are laws and they are the same for everybody .....and i think anybody going to the US has to bear some of this !!!

As for questions regarding it being a publicity stunt .....cud be ...especially the way its being handled in the media....dont no for sure!!!

And as far SRK doing any thing for his movie ...well thats so true ..i can expect anything from him ...and he is the one whose actually started this thing in bollywood with most of the others following him!!!
_Angie_ thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail

its a publicity stunt alrite ! I wish we cud b as stringent about our security procedures in India.

Originally posted by: Believe

Hi.....

"The U.S. government was an inadvertent accomplice to 20th Century Fox, which is investing millions in this movie," chuckling, referring to a joint venture between Hollywood and Bollywood to distribute the film"

"I was really being hassled, perhaps because of my name being Khan," actor Shah Rukh Khan

Srk ordeal at a Us airport is "Not a big deal" There have been no attacks there since 9/11 because of their stringent security measures. I think it (the security check) is a good thing - Salman Khan

Do you this this is a publicity stunt for Shahrukh's new film..."My name is Khan"

Do you think Shahrukh can do anything for his movie??

Views n comments plz😊

chill...

Vinu nair

Do you think a superstar like SRK need any publicity stunt for any his movies?
SRK movies are sold bcoz he works in them.....his fans often dont care abt the script they watch the movie coz of SRK.
SO I REALLY DON'T THINK THAT IT'S HIS PUBLICITY STUNT COZ SOME MOVIE WITH ALMOST THE SAME SUBJECT HAVE ALREADY BEEN HIGHLY APPRECIATED BY THE AUDIENCE.
-Sneha thumbnail
Hey Believe....

Well what a coincidence, our friend circle at school today were talking about precisely this matter only? Most of us, excluding me though, thought that it was indeed a publicity stunt...

Actually, personally, I feel that, as one member said, someone like SRK does not need a publicity stunt to that caliber you know, especially if he is found out, the consequences may be irreparable, especially the disrespect he would gain in a very short span of time...

Moreover, he was caught by the American police force right? And stated that he felt humiliated and everything, especially when he was there for an Independence day ceremony... So, No, I don't think it was a publicity stunt of any sort, especially when it has only a very so distinct link with his movie...

But come on, this is the world of showbiz... Who knows? Perhaps it was one in fact...

Cheers,
Sneha...

PS. At least we have some nice, sensible topics to discuss in the midst of it all!!... Thanks for that!!...
*Woh Ajnabee* thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail
Speaking from personal experience, such things happen everyday at the US Airports. After a while, you just get used to having such a damn name that keeps others on high alert. Now that it happens to a celeb, its all across the news, what people forget is that there are a million, everyday "Khan"s who undergo the same procedures.

As far as it being a stunt goes, who knows, its Bollywood, drama is prevalent.
chal_phek_mat thumbnail
I can never say something for sure about filmi people, dont get me started on the list of examples

morever, if you have passed through Newark Intl airport you would notice they treat everyone the same, shitty, As far as being treated badly by authorities, Even dense Harvard proffesors feel they should be treated differently b'cos they are someone to a big shot celebrity, so SRK kis khel ki muli hai😉

Seriously though, just to give an idea who is being branded as racist here😆 been thru Newark's INS check point, half of them are mexicans, the rest of the half are women😆 

I have been thru that immigration center in 3 mins and once it took me 2 hrs, Given the fact that my flight reaches there early in the morning, If I have to blame someone it is the person who made the officer happy or mad the prior night😉
Sujal_Fan_No1 thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: sneha0601

Hey Believe....

Well what a coincidence, our friend circle at school today were talking about precisely this matter only? Most of us, excluding me though, thought that it was indeed a publicity stunt...

Actually, personally, I feel that, as one member said, someone like SRK does not need a publicity stunt to that caliber you know, especially if he is found out, the consequences may be irreparable, especially the disrespect he would gain in a very short span of time...

Moreover, he was caught by the American police force right? And stated that he felt humiliated and everything, especially when he was there for an Independence day ceremony... So, No, I don't think it was a publicity stunt of any sort, especially when it has only a very so distinct link with his movie...

But come on, this is the world of showbiz... Who knows? Perhaps it was one in fact...

Cheers,
Sneha...

PS. At least we have some nice, sensible topics to discuss in the midst of it all!!... Thanks for that!!...

Yeah i agree with u and Mahikhan, SRK is such a huge star in his own right that he wouldnt need to do a publicity stunt for this movie, ppl would have gone too see this movie anyway as it has one of bollywoods best jodi's back together in yrs first off all, before all this happend.  so exactl y would he need to do a publicity stunt.
-Believe- thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
@mahikhan and Sneha....Who told SRK dont want publicity for his forthcoming hollywood-bollywood movie,....My name is khan....its part of publicity stunt only, In US only desi indian/paki only knows SRK...so he need to create publicity there....Salman khan was right pointing the fact that some or the other person is questioned at airports in america for security reason. That doesn't mean only ruk ruk khan has faced such problem in america. Other top indian personalities like APJ Abdul kalam, mamutty, john abraham, etc also were questioned on US airports but they they didn't make it a big issue. He is crying like a baby just a get a cheap publicity for another movie. Grow up ruk ruk khan. What a gimmick to get a cheap publicity....Marketing karoo bt not this way...😊

Edited by Believe - 14 years ago