sattvik thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Posted: 14 years ago
Discussion of the Week

Welcome to this forum's last Discussion of the Week!

This week we'll discuss the ending of the show. According to the history, Ratan Singh was freed before he died and Padmini committed Jauhar, with Nagmati, when Khilji went to get Padmini in the Chittod Palace. So since the ending seemed rushed, what do you think about the ending?

Please don't talk about the creatives being silly or anything that is like bashing, it is our fault that we didn't give the show TRPs, don't blame the people who made the show or the channel, or you're post will be edited/deleted.

Thanks

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Vibhishna thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
I never had the chance to watch the show on TV. I don't get Sony TV along with many other channels.

If this channel was made available to many others, then it would have fetched more TRPs.

There were many others like me who wanted to watch the show but couldn't.

Anyway, I am sad that the show ended so soon.
Jenifer. thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
I won't lie, I didn't like the ending at all. It didn't 'move' me as much as I thought it would. It didn't get the feeling of 'justice to history of Rani Padmini' at the way it all concluded. But I guess time was an issue and what was shown was probably the best they could do. They showed the most important events and and at least it ended on the note it should do and not half way through.

I won't lay the blame on any one party for the premature ending, I blame everyone - the audience and the people behind the show.

It's the audience fault for not watching such quality stuff. I hate to say this as it doesn't apply to everyone but the majority of the public are still stuck in the saas-bahu, family orientated dramas. And it's not their fault. It's been reigning our tellies for years now. It's been proven a success and it has become the norm, and people feel comfortable with the norm. With all those points, who would move away from what they're used to?

But some people yearn for something different now. We're bored to the usual happy-go-lucky nonsense where tradegy strikes at every occasion. Reality shows came as a breath of fresh air but even now that's being done to death. I guess periodic dramas are the 'in' thing now. Just waiting till that's squeezed it's life out as well.

But as I said before, it's the Creatives fault as well for taking too much time on character building. They stretched out the beginning way too much. The show garnished good enough TRPs when it started but due to it moving at snail pace, everyone switched off. What pulled me to this show was the fact that the show was only for 6 months. I knew then that everything would be spot on and there would be no dilly-dallying as everything would be planned out. Seems like I was wrong.

When everyone thinks about the story of Rani Padmini, then they remember her accounts from Khilji becoming obsessed about her and onwards...well most of us. And this is what we were deprived of seeing. Instead we got to see Taiba, Rana and Padmini being stuck in the jungle etc. Which to tell you the truth, I wasn't interested about.

I feel like one of the main points for the Creatives was to show the grandness of it all, which it probably was and why not? The era was a grand one indeed. But I felt like they were stuck on showing the sets, the costumes, the jewellery etc. The story was going nowhere. And then when we finally come to the part everyone's waiting for, we get the news that the show has been given a shorter time limit than it already has and needs to wrap extra quick. I was very much angered by that.

But there's not much I can do. I don't live in India to contibute to the TRPs. I will watch what interests me online and will go about my own way, come show or not.

Blimey I wrote a hell lot!