Article: All work and no play for Tejaswini Lonari

sattvik thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Posted: 14 years ago
All work and no play for Tejaswini Lonari

Newcomer Tejaswini Lonari has been working without any rest for her role in the period show, Chittod Ki Rani Padmini Ka Johar. We spoke to the actress as she took her first day off in four months:
"I'm on a one-day holiday, and I can't go even anywhere. The main reason for the holiday is to rehearse my next shot, so I really can't do much except rehearse my lines. One thing I can do is sleep, which I miss out on during shooting because our schedule often lasts for over 12 hours."

The actress is quite happy with the feedback she has been getting for her role. "Before the serial went on air I was quite tensed about whether audiences would appreciate me not. But my hard work has paid off. I'm very proud that people now know the small town of Yeola, and of my role as Princess Padmini."

Tejaswini is grateful to producer Nitin Desai, for giving her this break in the telly world. "I'm very happy that in these five months I have learnt so many things, like sword fighting, horse-riding and the Marwari language. Through this role I have grown up as a person."

We hope Tejaswini gets some more time off soon.

http://www.indya.com/news/newsDetails.aspx?xfile=2009/July/News_20090728_141
Edited by sattvik - 14 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Jenifer. thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 14 years ago
Aww, poor thing. Hope she gets some well deserved rest soon.

Thanks Sattvik.