PCRocks thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 14 years ago
Mumbai: Michael Jackson's death has triggered off an unprecedented wave of nostalgia in our film industry.

But by far, the most significant tribute to MJ would be Ken Ghosh's untitled film, where believe it or not, Shahid is a Michael Jackson devotee.

Unintentional

Confirming this, the film's director Ken Ghosh says, "It's not as if we planned it this way. But it's uncanny. Just before Michael Jackson's death we shot a sequence where Shahid salutes a poster of MJ. It isn't just homage. It's like a devotee bowing to his deity. When we saw the sequence at a trial which happened after Michael's death, we were zapped."

Ken has a problem now. "Audiences when they see this particular sequence will think it has been added on after Michael's death. But that's not the case. We shot the moment before MJ's death. What can we do if Shahid plays an MJ devotee?"

Role model

Though Shahid doesn't copy MJ's steps in Ken Ghosh's film he hero-worships MJ. "Shahid plays a dancer who dreams of being a star. Michael is his role model," informs Ken. "I couldn't have Shahid copying Michael's steps. It would've been an insult to both. Shahid has his own stunning dancing style."

Ken is amazed at how much Shahid has matured since the actor made his debut in Ken's Ishq Vishk six years ago. "I was watching Ishq Vishk some time ago. Shahid's face has changed completely now. It's like he's a different person now."

It's called love and experience, Ken.

FACT
Mithun Chakraborty is apparently planning to produce a full tribute to Michael Jackson's dancing abilities with his son Mimoh in the lead.

source: mid day.com

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

mango-frost thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
ewwwwwwwwwwwwww!!! mithun planning a full tribute to MJ with mimoh in the lead...that just ruined the whole article....chiii!!

but wat a coincidence for shahid and ken..
Tani91 thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6
wow that must have been quite memorable
Ken is right about shahids face and as for MJ thing that is pretty cool..
Terenaina thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
I always said shahid and hrithik have this MJ inspired dancing.

But it's great that all my favorite artists are all inspired by MJ. It's really nice
Ooo woww.. that is cool.. would definitely want to see that!!!!