Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

--arti-- thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 14 years ago
Yeah his family was really nice, weren't they? I liked how his mom's criteria was that her bahu should believe in God. It was a really sweet and heartfelt thing to say.
Dhara_s thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail
Thanks Arti for posting Elu's Interview...!!! HAvent seen the epi yet and can't wait for the repeat to air...!!!
Dhara_s thumbnail
Seems like Elu is everybody's favourite...!!! One of my aunt came home and I was watching RKS...!!! I asked her which contestant she liked.?? The ans was ' The Canadian Munda '...ANd I was all smiles...!!! 😳😳
--arti-- thumbnail
You're welcome Dhara! I think this Canadian munda is going to make it far.. can't believe Toronto Star did an article on him! They are a major Toronto newspaper..

article link

[quote]
Toronto man gives India Bachelorette fever

PHOTO SUPPLIED
Elesh Parujanwala can hardly speak Hindi, but he charmed Rakhi Sawant by giving her a 'Canada' T-shirt and cooing in the universal language of seduction.

Elesh Parujanwala seen as having best odds to win over sexpot on Indian reality TV

Jul 24, 2009 04:30 AM
Nick Aveling
Staff Reporter

Drink it in, ladies.

This could be the last chance you get to feast your eyes on an unwed Elesh Parujanwala, entrepreneur, man of the world, and reality TV superstar.

In less than two weeks, if all goes according to plan, the Toronto-born Parujanwala will be married in front of millions of fans on Rakhi Ka Swayamvar, India's answer to The Bachelorette. His bride, assuming he survives the elimination challenges and outlasts his three remaining opponents, is Bollywood sexpot Rakhi Sawant.

"At first I was laughing when he told me he was going on that show," said Parujanwala's mother, Purnima, from her home in Markham. "He can't speak Hindi. Even at home he only speaks English. I said, 'How are you going to express yourself? You'll be eliminated in the first episode!'"

But the sweet language of seduction is universal, and Parujanwala speaks it fluently.

In his first appearance on the show, the 30-year-old presented Sawant with a 'Canada' T-shirt, speaking his trademark hybrid of English, Hindi and Gujarati.

"Frankly speaking, I thought it would look very sexy on you," he said.

Count it!

Parujanwala has long aspired to stardom, said Purnima. But those aspirations were never guaranteed. He grew up in Markham, attending Milliken Mills High School before earning a degree in Business Administration at the University of Toronto's Scarborough campus. Next came film studies at the Toronto Film School and a stint doing sales for the family business, a sanitation and restaurant supplies wholesaler.

Last November, Parujanwala followed his Bollywood dreams to Mumbai, where he founded a film academy. That's when he saw ads for the show on TV.

"He told us he was going to go for it," said Purnima.

Rakhi Ka Swayamvar, loosely translated as "Rakhi Chooses her Groom," has since become one of India's biggest reality TV shows. Parujanwala's fan base grows daily.

The Times of India yesterday deemed the "cute businessman from Toronto" a popular favourite to win. On Wednesday, it published reports quoting a source close to the show who said Sawant has already chosen Parujanwala as her reality husband.

That's just fine, as far as Purnima is concerned.

"I think Rakhi is a very nice, very down-to-earth, very open and honest person," she said of the woman who has been controversial in India for her skimpy outfits.

The two met for the first time on Friday, when Purnima appeared alongside her husband and 27-year-old daughter in a meet-the-parents video conference organized by the show's producers. The clip appeared on Rakhi Ka Swayamvar last night.

"They wanted to know if I would be ready to accept a girl from India as a daughter-in-law," said Purnima. "I said we are very traditional people. Maybe we live in Canada, but we follow all the festivals and all the festivities that happen in India, so we don't feel like we're not in India. For us to have an Indian bride-to-be, it's just fine. I'm sure it will be very easy for her to adjust to our family," she said.

The wedding, should it take place, goes ahead Aug. 2 on live TV.

Meanwhile, the Parujanwalas were flown to Mumbai by NDTV Imagine network late last night and put up in a hotel, all expenses paid.

But don't jinx it just yet. "All the families are going to be there," said Purnima. "Nothing is for sure."

One way or another, the family will be celebrating a wedding soon. Parujanwala's sister, Vrinda, is getting married Aug. 16 in Toronto.

Parujanwala will be in attendance, said Purnima, plus or minus one.[/quote]

samirah23 thumbnail
So, he went to highschool that I pass regularly on the way to relative's house, and went to the same campus of U of T that I did and was there at the same time that I was.  He did Business Admin - so no classes shared unfortunatley - plus, he's younger by 3 years.

It's so strange that paths could have crossed, but I would have never known it!
--arti-- thumbnail
lol, strange isn't it? The degrees of separation..

Wouldn't it be so weird to run into Rakhi in downtown Toronto? lol! Hope she has a good life with Elesh. Let's see if it happens.
--arti-- thumbnail
In anticipation of Rakhi's arrival to Toronto, her sasural, I made this sig:

Those leaves are supposed to look like maple leaves.. I know they're not perfect, but play along now! 😛
--arti-- thumbnail

Originally posted by: aysha_65

'We have a world to offer each other' - Elesh Parujanwala

How does it feel to be rated as one of the top contenders to marrying Rakhi Sawant?
I am very excited and feel happy too. Rakhi is a gem of a person, and I am hopeful of winning her heart.

Is there any incident that indicated to you that Rakhi is your perfect match?
Actually on the day of the show's launch, the unit hosted a party to celebrate the moment. On that particular day, I was unwell, and was going back and forth to my room for medication. Rakhi who noticed this came up to me regularly to know how I am feeling. She danced with me just to make me feel better. The gestures shown by Rakhi clearly indicated that she is a very caring and emotional person; the way she went out of her way to make me happy on the day really pushed me to know the lady more.

What do you think are the three good and bad qualities of Rakhi?
See, whatever I have observed in Rakhi has been positive. For instance, even when Ashwinji asked her a very inappropriate question, the way in which she expressed herself before the camera, and brought out the truth by explaining her past was amazing. She has a positive spin to whatever she has to say and do. Her habit of doing things beyond a person's needs, her genuine concern and love for a person are certain aspects in her that can make a man happy. She has been encouraging each and every contestant to do well, and has instilled confidence whenever they have felt left out.

How do you like the whole idea of Rakhi having a swayamvar and the entire process being shown on national television?
It's simply amazing to be showcased on television. When I entered the show, I was bit apprehensive as I did not know whether everything in the show would be genuine or not. But as days passed by, I was assured, and my doubts were put away. I got to believe that 15 contestants would walk out while there will remain one lucky suitor who will get the chance of marrying Rakhi.

What kind of a girl have you dreamt of? And does Rakhi fit the bill?
Rakhi fits the bill, both on camera and off it too. She is damn good and this is the fact. She is a gem of a girl; a topper in all the fields with the right mix of beauty, brawn, spirituality and family values. She scores high in all the aspects. She is equal to God for me, and I respect her a lot.

Why do you think Rakhi cannot get a better groom than you?
I have lived all my life in Toronto, and have got amazing sanskaars and family values. I occupy myself in eight hours of work daily, and give the rest of my time to my family. Family is the topmost priority for me; my parents know me very well. They know that any decision I make in my life, I will think about my society and family. I am a person who will always try to make society a better place to live in. If I end up marrying Rakhi, I know what I am and where I am.

What are the various other ways in which you can impress Rakhi?
Initially, I had in me a different kind of inspiration; I wanted to be more romantic towards her. But as weeks passed by, I got to know the real Rakhi; she has been inspirational all thro' my journey in the show. Till now, I have not pushed myself to do anything to win my heart, but you will surely see a different side of me in days to come. Wait and watch.

Have you shared all your deepest secrets with Rakhi? How much do you think you know her?
See, it is not possible to know a person from top to bottom in just few weeks' time. But with the time I have spent with Rakhi, I have seen positive vibes all around. I have had very pleasant and memorable moments with her, and I know I will be happy with her.

Were you uncomfortable at any time during the show? Explain.
Yes, as I said earlier, when I entered the show, I was in a state where I had to find out whether Rakhi is good for me or not. Also, I had to see whether there is any catch in the show. I had a defensive shield all over myself in the beginning, and wanted to gauge how real the show is. But when I got over this fear, I believed that in another three weeks time, Rakhi will choose her groom, and I had a big chance of making it there. I have seen Rakhi at the top of her emotions, I have seen her in her low phase too; she has been in the best of behavior both on and off camera. Seeing all this, I dropped my guard and got into the process of winning over her trust.

Do you foresee yourself as Rakhi's better half?
Yes, why not? We both have an amazing background, we have a world to offer each other.

If that happens, how will you react?

Well, that will be dream come true for me. I really do not know how I will react, but yes, that will be amazing!!

Are your parents convinced about this relationship?

Yes. My parents and my entire family are already waiting for the day when I will invite them for my wedding. They are pretty inquisitive to know what is going to happen next in the show, and are praying that I come across as the winner.

Will you be going back to Toronto or you will stay put in Mumbai?
My permanent residence is at Toronto. So what I will be planning is be there for six months of a year, and spend the other half of the year in India.

What if you are not the lucky guy?

Well, I have always believed that 15 guys will go out while one will be the winner. Having said this, I also know that I will make it there (smiles).

If this does not happen, how disheartened will you be?
Well, the bigger picture coming out of this will be that, I will wish her all the happiness in life. But before that, I will wait for destiny to take its course (smiles with belief).

I really like how he talks about how he used to be defensive in the show until he believed it was real. This guy really is different from all the other contestants. The other contestants just wanted to run as soon as the show got real.. but Elesh got more close and affectionate towards Rakhi as the show reached its end.
tanaz_aka_DD thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
Now the question is: Is Rakhi going to get married to this phirangi???all eyes set on them....Think, if she is going to ditch him....as manmohan ditched Rakhi  😭....
Dhara_s thumbnail

Originally posted by: DD20

Now the question is: Is Rakhi going to get married to this phirangi???all eyes set on them....Think, if she is going to ditch him....as manmohan ditched Rakhi  😭....

With the amount of articles and news coming out on RKS, I doubt Rakhi will turn her back...!!! Rakhi ditching him...not possible...!! She knows how she felt when MM cheated her...!!!
Elesh is the most eligible person on the show...!!!! I think he has no competition...!!!