7 July : "The chokri was right"

ronitfan thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 14 years ago

Bandini update : 7 July 2009

The episode begins with Moti telling DM about Khemi getting married to Shambhu and declares that Nanaji has lied to everybody using his names so that

Someone like Shambhu can become his sadubhai . DM is totally taken aback… Hiten tries to talk but DM stops him .. DM tells Moti that he was aware that Khemi was getting married but he was not knowing that the groom was Shambhu .. he looks at Santo, confused and then turning to angry. Santo tells him that he has the right to take any decision but asks him to listen to her first. DM walks up the stairs and asks Santo to come with him . Santo assures Khemi and then walks up with DM.

DM reaches his room and Santo follows…

DM: What is the matter? What do you want?

S: You are the upholder of justice in Dharampur .. I just want justice from you ..

What is my sister's fault that I am married to you, to someone so influential and who belongs to such a big family? It is not her fault that I married you .. and no matter who she marries .. he is going to be your sadu-bhai …

DM : You want me to accept Shambhu as my sadu-bhai?

S : Yes .. he shall be your sadu-bhai .. but only for the namesake .. my sister has never implied in the village that she is the malik's saali and nor is Shambhu that type of a person who will imply in front of anyone that he is your Sadubhai .. and you must agree… no matter who Khemi marries, he is going to belong to the lower class .. just one more thing Malik ..

DM: That is enough chokri .. I have heard enough from you. Now I will do the rest.. this is not about justice anymore. This is about the honor of my family ..

And I know how to uphold it ..

DM goes out of the room and down the stairs. Moti has a smirk on her face..

DM tells everyone that because the groom in question is Shambhu, he has not yet agreed to the alliance. He asks Pinakin to get Shambhu's parents to the house in the morning and that he will announce his decision in the morning.. Hiten again tries to interrupt but DM tells him to keep quiet and that no one will challenge his authority in this question.. and he will decide in this matter, and no one else..

DM goes up the stairs .. Santo is sad that DM did not agree to the marriage yet ..

Moti tells Santo that she was right, DM knew nothing about this marriage and it was but obvious that he was going to refuse.. Hiten tells Moti that this time it is not Khemi, but her brother who is doing a wrong thing.. he says that Nanaji is not a kind of a person who will lie and now that DM has refused to accept that Nanaji ever talked to him about Shambhu, he knows what his decision will be .. and he will not accept it.. Hiten storms off .. Moti is happy and leaves ..

In the hospital,

Hiten meets Khemi and tells her about DM's action .. and tells him that this time he will not allow DM to take any action because of his ego and he will not let Khemi end up in tears. Khemi tells him not to think about her so much and Hiten rattles off a senti dialog… Hiten declares that he will do anything to make this wedding happen, even go against his father. Shambhu, who Khemi thinks is asleep.. overhears Hiten talking sentimentally to Khemi and thinks about it ..

The next morning,

Pinakin gets Shambhu's father to the house.. Moti taunts his father and tells him that now that DM knows, he will not spare him. DM comes down the stairs and tells everyone that he has no issues with the marriage… Moti is totally pissed off.. everyone else is happy.. especially Santo ..

Moti asks him why he has come to such a decision very well knowing the person that Shambhu is .. DM tells her that it is best that they accept the truth that chances are Khemi will never marry someone from the upper class and no matter what happens, his sadu bhai will still be from the lower class.. and Shambhu he knows.. Moti ben is totally taken aback .. stunned for words..

DM tells Shambhu's father that Shambhu is like his son and now the marriage is his responsibility and no one can stop the wedding now .. it is his promise..

Santo is happy and shares her happiness with Champakali ..

She tells Champu that DM is indeed like a coconut, hard from the outside but tender from the inside..  Santo tells champu that indeed DM has a big heart.. Champu says that now Khemi's wedding will surely happen … they play the 'fugdi' (going around each other holding hands) .. when Khemi comes there.. Santo tells her that DM has agreed to the wedding .. Khemi has mixed feelings..

Santo asks her to go and share the good news with Hiten .. Khemi leaves ..

DM comes outside the house to see Santo enjoying herself in the rain .. he looks at her happily and asks her "Chokri, you're happy now, aren't you?"

Santo nods her head happily .. DM asks her to bring him some tea.. and goes inside .. Santo is overjoyed and smiles at Champu who is very happy for her as well ..

DM comes to Moti's room and asks him why she is so angry ..

Moti tells her that today she is not happy with his decision. ..

DM: You may not have thought of it as right .. but I believe my decision was totally right ..

M: What right naanka? That Shambhu?! That shambhu is our servant!!

DM: I know that moti-ben..but I've arranged for that as well .. after his marriage,

Shambhu will not work at our home.. he shall work somewhere else..

I was blinded by my anger but before I could make a mistake, the chokri really

Opened my eyes…

M: So you gave importance to her over me?? Over what I thought about this…

DM: Moti-ben this is not about giving importance.. this is about the truth..

And truth does not see caste and class… what the chokri said to me was totally right .. 100% right ..

DM leaves .. but bumps into Moti-ben's casket which falls down ..

Her ghungroos fall down .. DM picks them up and curiously looks at her before

Placing them back ..

Motiben thinks about her past..

MB: My past .. my past is something which is so undesirable .. something which I have tried so hard to forget.. but it is tugging at me now ,.. what should I do? I want to bury the past forever and get over this pain …

On the other hand , chamku is looking at the other ghungroo (as revealed in the flashback, Moti was dancing on the floor and her ghungroo fell off .. which Chamku had taken) Chamku says to herself that this thing has cropped up from the past after so long .. and wonders whether this is the right time to bring it up..

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

dkmystery thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
can't really understand what will they show about motiben's past...
maybe she did something wrong and the ghungroo is symbolic of it or maybe she is DM's adopted sis and that maid knows this!
whatever, I feel that this may bring out motiben's softer side which she hides behind all those rude and curt comments...

further, can't guess what would happen to my dear hiten... will he lose his love, now that DM himself has taken up responsibility of Khemi's marriage to ChampuLal?? :(

overall, liked today's epi. nice n quick update. Thx!! :)

anna44 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
Thanks for the update...

What does ghungroo  mean....was she a kathewali who danced.....

the secret of motiben is revealing soon....can't wait
dkmystery thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: anna44

Thanks for the update...

What does ghungroo  mean....was she a kathewali who danced.....

the secret of motiben is revealing soon....can't wait

ghungroos are worn on ankles, the red one with small metalic bell types on it... maybe someone else could give a better description 😆 😆
hope u got it, if u watch the show, they are the ones tht motiben and the maid were holding!
soap-critic thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
Thank you Sukhi for this detailed update.

I am glad DM heard the 'chokri' out and gave a fair and realistic verdict regarding the Khemi-Shambhu marraige. However Shambhu now senses something about Hiten-Khemi's attitudes towards each other. I wonder if he will back and now and if so how.

Another mystery is this hospital maid Jhamkhu and her relation to Moti's past. I would really like to know what Moti was like when she was younger and what event has made her so bitter and resentful.

The storyline seems to be picking up again.
Mallika113 thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Moti has some deep and dark secret that she is hiding behind her younger dancing days. That could be one of the reasons why she turned so bitter later in life. Maybe she fell in love with a wrong man and had a kid, who could be either Hiten or Maulik!The young man could have been "choti jaathi" or lower  caste. That may be why she keeps on harping about Khemi, Santu, and Shambu😡
-CUTE- thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
I want motiben's past to be so dirty nd disgusting.

want the father of her son to be a dirty homeless man.

who is a nobody.
tunisian thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
thanks sukhs , awww update and nice episode
SuperSara thumbnail
Some Predictions

I think the girl dancing in the flashback is not Motiben, but the hospital worker lady.
Main Reason: They showed an up-close of the dancing girl's eyes in the flashback, and they were light (like the hospital worker lady).

I am betting that motiben is the one to pick up the fallen ghungro. Motiben was probably watching, and after the dance will ask the dancer, ie. hospital worker lady, to teach her, and that set the backdrop to the events of her past mystery.

and now that i think of it, motiben has something against choti zati girls/women, and thinks all are good for is performing, but in a bad way, if you get what i mean.
During Kiddo's wedding stated that Santo should dance for everyone's amusement.

The events of the drama are pointing to Shambu refusing to marry Khemi.
Obvious Clues:
1.the pointed question he asked Hiten when leaving pre-accident
2.overhearing Hiten's confession to not think of Khemi only after she wedded to someone else
cimba thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
HI, sukhi. thanks for the update.
Know it all Mrs. Mahyavanshi at it again.I can not digest the fact that eighteen years old ,illiterate  is wiser than all of the rest. Santo is always right.  I am getting fed up with the character.😡