Amole Gupte: Shahid-Priyanka reminded me of....

RiyaK09 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 14 years ago
Dirty Rotten Scoundrel

Tan tana' goes the title song. Shahid Kapur is all adrenaline as he pumps his fist in the air. Priyanka Chopra is fetching in a simple cotton salwar kurta. Our very own Rajatava Dutta is a menacing presence with smouldering eyes. But if have paid close attention to the teaser trailors of Vishal Bharadwaj's Kaminay, you couldn't possibly have missed a burly man who exemplifies Mumbai's underbelly with his greasy hair and unkempt beard. He is Amol Gupte and he means business. "I was called by Vishal's casting director, Honey. With a name like that how could one take him seriously?" laughs Gupte. Gupte, is not exactly your regular actor, though he has been associated with the industry for more than 25 years. He is the man who scripted Aamir Khan's Taare Zameen Par and was supposed to direct the film before their famous fallout.

"I have admired Vishal's work for a long time, so when I realised that the call wasn't exactly a prank, I grabbed the opportunity," he says. In the sets of the film, Gupte was happy to find a kind of camaraderie between actors that reminded him of his Mirch Masala days (he was an assistant to director Ketan Mehta for the film). "Shahid and Priyanka's dedication to the project reminded me of Smita Patel and Naseeruddin Shah," he says.

http://www.indianexpress.com/news/Dirty-Rotten-Scoundrel/484454

Edited by RiyaK09 - 14 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Mrs-KaranKundra thumbnail
lol who really cares abt wat he say
RiyaK09 thumbnail
WOAH! Thats a huge compliment! Any actor would feel priviliged to get compared with Naseer and Smita! All this high praises are making me more impatient!
RiyaK09 thumbnail

Originally posted by: mrs.karan.kundr

lol who really cares abt wat he say

lol are you kidding me? dude, amole is a very talented man and him comparing Shahid-Priyanka to Shah-Patil means a lot!

Amole, you're awesome!

😲😲😲

Woah I would say that it's a huge compliment for Shahid and Priyanka. Like HUGE!

Being compared to almost legendary actors that could actually act!

KAMINEY, come out NOW!
Wow, what a great compliment ji!

I love watching Smita Patil's movies, and I just watched A Wednesday. All I can say for that movie is WOW, Nasurdin Shah is one great actor!
lovanika thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Aw..thats so nice of im to say.

Shahid has a burden on him and he mentioned that in the interview with Vishal. He said that I was scared that I do not embarass my dad as Vishal and my dad very good films togather.

Pankaj Kapoor is a very good actor.
ana1 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
aww thats so sweet thanx for sharing i cant wait to see them on screen and maybe together even off screen😍
RiyaK09 thumbnail
@lovanika, so does Peefee, Vishal completely believes that only she could do Sweety. Ahh and of course, Pankaj is one of the best.
MrsKaranGrover thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Wowwwwwwww im so happy for mt bro and bhabhi..they are receiving such great compliments before the movie is out..after its out i ownder what will happen..this movie is definitely one of the most awaited movies of this year!...Oyeeeeeeeeee kaminey come out now!..im getting sooooooooooooooo impatient!

x Mrs.HinalKaranGrover x