Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

roxthefox thumbnail
Posted: 14 years ago
No offense, but I think this is a dumb idea. How is this going to solve spamming? I agree that the 'Thank You' and the emoticon posts are somewhat useless, but I don't see this solving anything.

The more restrictions you impose on members, the less they will participate. You want people to engage in discussions, yet any topic that attempts to articulate a discussion is shut down with an instance, with negativity plastered all over it. The only threads that DO survive are the ones infested with 'Thank you's' and emoticons. People are discouraged to write posts with substance, because they don't see the point in writing such posts, when their fate is already decided.

If you want discussions with substance to flourish, than perhaps you should consider softening up the rules a little, and not restrict people further, to the point that they feel like jailbates, and not members of a forum.

I don't see this solving the problem, and that's my personal opinion. For all we know, people will start writing random crap, just to meet the 150 character mark, instead of  merely writing Thank You:

"................  OMGggggggggggg.... thank youuuuuuu for this!! thank you soooooo much... you are great....thanks once agaaaaaaaain..........!"

This meets the 150 character mark, yet it has no substance whatsoever. Sometimes, only a few words are needed to get a point across, or a few words could be powerful enough to make a substantial post.

roxthefox thumbnail

Originally posted by: _angel_

I am really sorry to say this BUT this is not a good idea in any way....

I mean come on let ppl do/say what they want and feels like without being scared of u ppl,  just because u guys are the one in power does not mean u should keep telling ppl what they can and can not do all the time......

sometimes I feel like I'm back in my mom and dad's house and being told whom to be friends with and whom not to.

please when u r all busy make Rules for members do think about what will make dem happy/what will make dem keep coming to India-forum and try not to make dem feel like are back at school once again with tons of Rules........

thank u very much if u care to see my point and if not well I did try.

and good luck with whatever u all come up with in ur Rules Rule's world...

Angel.

I absolutely agree with each word. I couldn't have said it better myself. This forum resembles a jail more than a discussion forum. I don't mean to offend anyone, but this is all a consequence of the amount of restrictions and limitations the 'rulemakers' have imposed on the 'citizens'... I don't want to be treated like a kid, especially when I'm older than most of the mods here.

Nikasha. thumbnail
Thank you Priya di for the awesome post! Is there any way we could know how many characters we have typed, so we don't post under the 150 character limit?
hello. thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
I agree with roxthefox and _angel_

Spamming is rather annoying and there should be some sort of control over it, but I think there are larger issues than the amount of characters in a post. As roxthefox said, any healthy discussion is trashed in an instant when debate occurs. So imposing this new rule would mean that one would still have to be "positive" and ultimately agreeing but still type 150 characters which mave more or less been said....

I wont repeat what the 2 have already said, but this issue is also one that i think should be mentioned.
RosyRosh thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5
That is a very great idea! I fully agree with you....Im not going to lie..unintentially it has been but I think i do the same..its a great idea in my point of view..

But can i suggest you lower the character amount to about 50...only because if someone want to say something , thats short simple, and to the point...but it has to be said..and isnt 150 characters...then..they would have to right more even if doesnt make sense..just for it to be posted..right?

If you lower the character about to maybe 50-60..I think it would be better..

But thats just an opinion..and I thought I was allowed to have a say..so I said this..if not its cool..whatever you guys decide is best!

Great idea though! Personally I even make this mistake..its not on purpose..it just happens...Im sorry!!!!!!

Do implement this feature..its smart!
Edited by xtaurus429x - 14 years ago
-Imu.M- thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 5
Even sometime people commenting Thanks sounds Biased sometime, So therefore this feature will be help to our Sections, It will make it more active and More discussion .. Nice to see things slowly Improving and the Tag Idea seems perfect !

Nice to Know , Hope it works properly !
RosyRosh thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5
If its a game..like this...:

http://www.india-forums.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=1206372&TPN=13&#22713400

Its not necessary that the post be 150 characters...

its only like 5..

so...I think the feature is smart..but its gonna cause some limitations..we might not be able to do games the same way...or other things..the same..
-Imu.M- thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 5
I agree with xtaurus429x

pksanam thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
i have to agree with -angel- and roxthefox...

too many restrictions (and i really hope that image verification is NEVER implemented here) would kill it for the members... i'll certainly be put off if the image verification is ever implemented... it can be a bit of a nuisance when you are posting...

it's better to make the forum more friendlier to use rather than creating too many rules...

Edited by pksanam - 14 years ago
Gur.N.cool thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Engager 4 Thumbnail + 8
150 characters are too much.
sometimes we are playing games which require only one or two words.

The 150 rule should only apply to members who are tagged by the dev team as spammers.