Hrithik got Vipul Gupta for India Calling

jingle thumbnail
Posted: 18 years ago
Hrithik got Vipul Gupta for India Calling
   By: Tushar Joshi
   October 29, 2005

Vipul Gupta
Shrishti Behl Arya had a little help from a friend when she was casting the lead actor for her new show India Calling (Star One). The producer got a tip-off from none other than Hrithik Roshan to cast Vipul Gupta (former Drone of K Street Pali Hill) in the role.

Delhi calling

Vipul who hails from Delhi has done his share of modeling, television and films. These days he's on the India Calling promos where he plays the role of Aditya. "My character is an out-and-out brat with a heart of gold. He isn't exactly friendly with girls, but you can't call him a bad boy either," says Vipul.

Borrowing from real life

The serial revolves around a call centre. Interestingly Vipul has worked in a call center in Delhi and is quite well versed with the internal working of the place. "I was with GE Capital in Delhi. I didn't answer calls, but I did go through the voice and accent training. It definitely helped me better my role on the show which has the backdrop of a call center."

The Hrithik connection

So how come Hrithik Roshan recommended your name for the role? Vipul reveals, "I met Hrithik when they were auditioning for Lakshya, when I was in the National School of Drama. I got selected for a small role of Captain Rakesh, and even had some scenes with Hrithik. He then asked me to meet Goldie (Behl) and it coincided with the hunt they were having for India Calling. I fortunately fit into the look and the personality they wanted."

Bollywood, here I come

Vipul also has two films lined up for release. One is Hansal Mehta's Anjaan and the second is Red Ice Film's Saturday Nights. "Its funny, but my name on Anjaan and India Calling is Aditya. I don't want to take any more television roles at the moment. I am very excited about this show, and want to give it my best shot."