ar78655 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 14 years ago
Grouchy Ashutosh annoys B-town

With half of the film fraternity being miffed with Ashutosh Gowariker, Shah Rukh Khan is the latest in keeping distance from the spoil-sport director. StarBoxOffice takes a look at the doings of the snooty director that has B-town fuming.

After what transpired at last year's Star Screen Awards, Ashutosh clearly can't take a joke. The director created an outburst when presenter Sajid Khan joked around with him on stage. When Sajid told him that the jokes were given by the organisers, the director asked him to shut up. Sajid snapped 'kisika baap bhi mujhe shut up nahi bol sakta!' What irked everyone was that rather creating an ugly situation on stage Ashu could have taken it backstage.

Sajid had later added "Even at the Oscars, you will see Hollywood personalities laughing at themselves. It's high time we learn to laugh at ourselves and enjoy ourselves." As though his last mishap wasn't enough Ashutosh was at it again, this time humiliating Priyanka Chopra in public. At the IIFA awards Ashutosh was to give off the best actress award and when he saw that Priyanka had won the award for Fashion, he just couldn't take it.

After hogging most of the awards for Jodha Akbar, the director felt that Aishwarya should have won the award. The director on stage told Priyanka that she shouldn't have won the award but when the entire crowd went silent he soon realised that he should have kept his thoughts to himself . Ashu also had a spat with Ritesh Deshmukh and Boman Irani on a skit they prepared. After witnessing his crass attitude and humourless persona, organisers have made it a point to nvere send Ashutosh an invite for any award function.

Madhur Bhandarkar who directed Priyanka and is a close friend of the actress was shocked at what transpired, he said, "He's working with Priyanka in What's Your Raashee. That makes his outburst more baffling." If he felt this way (about PC being undeserving) he should've shared it with me and Priyanka, not spoilt the golden moment for her on stage. Priyanka got EVERY popular award. Doesn't that prove she deserves it?"

Obviously this must've have gone down too well with Shahrukh Khan himself who regards Priyanka as a very good friend. The actor who worked with Gowariker in the flop Swades has flatly refused to work with Ashu in his next venture. The director even begged him to be a part of the film by telling him to forget the past and even offered him incentives to make up for the earlier experience.

Ashu better change his attitude or soon nobody will be interested in working with him. Period!

Link http://www.starboxoffice.com/newsDetails.aspx?xfile=2009/June/News_20090620_114

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

OMGGGGGGGGGG..
HOW DARE HE SAYS PRIYANKA DIDNT DESERVE TO WIN BEST ACTRESS😡
i seriously hope that isnt true
but if it is OMG.
like PC  was a hundred times better than ARB..
like honestly..
JA was such a boring movie, be thankful it won best filmm..
omg
Edited by babii.girl - 14 years ago
mango-frost thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
the srk thing seems so fake....how ashu begged srk to work with him in his next movie and forget wat happened...errrr...

as for ashu, i dont think itz just the film faternity....it hasnt gone down too well with the audiences as well....
ibelieveinpink thumbnail

Originally posted by: babii.girl

OMGGGGGGGGGG..

HOW DARE HE SAYS PRIYANKA DIDNT DESERVE TO WIN BEST ACTRESS😡
i seriously hope that isnt true
but if it is OMG.
like PC  was a hundred times better than ARB..
like honestly..
JA was such a boring movie, be thankful it won best filmm..
omg

I knew you're pissed, but don't take it out on Ash! She's not involved in all of this! I'm pissed at Ashu too, but Priyanka and Ash are both awesome actresses, and I don't see any point dragging Ash into all of this, she was just a bystander! Also, JA was a good movie, and Ash did phenomenal job as Jodha!But other than that I fully agree with your sentiments! He shouldn't have said that and especially not on stage! You're allowed to have opinions, but there's a time and place to express your opinions and Ashu choose the wrong time and wrong place!  Also, I doubt that Ashu begged SRK to be in his next, he doesn't seem like the begging types! I'm really confused at Ashu's behavior b/c during the promotion of JA Hrithik said Ashu was a peaceful man and called him "saintly"! Whyis Ashu so chaotic and pissed off all the time! Edited by sweet coco - 14 years ago
koolgal25 thumbnail
nw he's realy irritating me n btw i think PC desrvd da award nt ash Edited by krazzzy54 - 14 years ago
Sujal_Fan_No1 thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Seriously they should all get together and buy him a sence of humour, Coz his mood swings r giving everyone serious whiplash!

coz at most of the awards the comedy is rele gd, and its just a bit of fun probably something he has never heard of😉

Maybe he should just not go too awards if he dnt like it, or turn up with his lips sewn together.
Sneh-Jiwan thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
I think this man has started to irritate everyone in bollywood and the Janta who spend their hard earned money on his movies !! to me it looks like too much success has gone to head !! thats the reason he has started to lose his hair !! Get some life dude !! 
cola_gul thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
i dont like tht man..honestly..

Originally posted by: sweet coco

I knew you're pissed, but don't take it out on Ash! She's not involved in all of this! I'm pissed at Ashu too, but Priyanka and Ash are both awesome actresses, and I don't see any point dragging Ash into all of this, she was just a bystander! Also, JA was a good movie, and Ash did phenomenal job as Jodha!But other than that I fully agree with your sentiments! He shouldn't have said that and especially not on stage! You're allowed to have opinions, but there's a time and place to express your opinions and Ashu choose the wrong time and wrong place!  Also, I doubt that Ashu begged SRK to be in his next, he doesn't seem like the begging types! I'm really confused at Ashu's behavior b/c during the promotion of JA Hrithik said Ashu was a peaceful man and called him "saintly"! Whyis Ashu so chaotic and pissed off all the time!

noo noo i agree. Im not saying Aish didnt do a good job.. she did..i mean c'mon its aish.. but she just came up.. I dunno Im guessing the success of Jodha Akbar went to Ashutosh's head.. I mean he's working with PC in WYR, how are they even going to act with each other now. WRONG MOVE ASHU
He seriously needs to get a reality check and a sense of humour..who is he to judge who should do what and deserves what award.