Tomiko thumbnail
Posted: 14 years ago

I seem to be more motivated to write Short Stories than contribute to my FFs.😕

Here's something I dug up from my old notes after watching the horrible mandir scene.  If you're looking for something happy - go somewhere else.  Enough said.

"Rajbheer-ji, aap bhi rukhiye na."

"Arre Vrinda-ji, yeh app kaise bath kar rahe hai.  Aap bath kijiye na Yug-ji se.  meh neeche intezaar kartha hoon.  Aram se bathe kijiye, teekh hai?"

He flashed her another genial smile, pushing up the frame of his glasses as he regarded her one last time, wondering why it was necessary for him to remember the slight droop of her mouth, the worry of her brow; or even the way the wind whipped loose tendrils of her hair across her cheeks whilst the gauzy material of her dupatta struggled to remain anchored in her tight fist.

She took a tentative step forward, fingers outstretched and looking as if she wanted to say something, but hurriedly turned, blinking back the pain in his eyes as he made for the hard mandir stairs.

The slam of a car door could be heard and he turned, watching as Yug clambered out before gazing up at the mandir in wonderment; the expression in his face like that of a dying man who had found salvation.

Not even a glance in Raj's direction as he hurried up the stairs, gaze firmly fixed on the frail figure of Vrinda silhouetted against the dusky light of the sunset.

This was how it was meant to be.  The more sensible part of his mind berated the yearning part of his heart.  Vrinda-ji is happy.  And you're happy for her.

Maybe if he said it enough times he could convince himself.

Vrinda bit her lip, brow furrowed as she gazed at the retreating figure of Rajbheer-ji, belatedly realising that one hand was still outstretched, fingers quivering as they reached for some purpose; the rough texture of his cotton shirt or the hard calloused fingers that had clasped her own hand as he had helped her up the mandir stairs to meet Yug.

Her husband leading her to meet her lover.

She forced the hysteria down before it could escape her and scrubbed the salty wet cheeks.

The slam of a car door captured her attention and she felt the knots in her stomach tighten as she hungrily took in the sight of Yug; thinner, more battle worn than the last time she had seen him ' but still her Yug; looking at her with such wonderment that she felt as if she would burst in to flames if she couldn't graze the hard planes of his face with her fingers.

That's what it was like being with Yug; mall raw need and intensity and the heady bliss of love.

She swallowed against the lump in her throat, eyes darting to the lone figure retreating down the stairs.

He was like an anchor in her otherwise fanatical life ' soft smiles and warm laughter.  He was her husband.

Yug was almost upon her, reaching for her with eager hands and searching eyes but she gave a strangled sob, averting her gaze and clattering down the stone stairs until she collided with the comfort of his arms and felt as if she had finally found salvation.

He'd seen her expression; the struggle of emotions before she'd turned away.  It hadn't been the love that she bore for him, or the joy of seeing him, or even worry over conflicted emotions.

No; he'd seen her expression and it had been remorse, eyes begging for forgiveness before she had whipped around; her dainty feet hurtling down the hard mandir stairs as the gauzy material of her dupatta struggled in her wake.

He'd seen her expression and he watched numbly as her beautiful form enveloped Rajbheer in to a hug, head burrowed in his chest and arms wrapped fiercely around him.

He should weep, scream, and send the glass of alcohol hurtling towards the nearest wall so that he could revel in his rage.  But then he would have to  show some emotion; some sign that he had felt the last of him shatter when he had looked in to those haunting grey eyes.

It was ironic really, that the two people whom he had loved the most had clawed at his heart with vehemence.

Dadu and Vrinda.

Oh it was definitely ironic and he felt the laughter bubble in his throat, escaping with hysterical alacrity as he laughed at his own fate ' pushed out by his family, shunned by his love and alone as he stood amongst millions.

He laughed at Dadu's promise of happiness, at Vrinda's shy admission of her love; and as Yug knocked back the last of the amber liquid; he laughed at his yearning for salvation.

Edited by Tomiko - 14 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

rainydays. thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Omg Nabila how many short stories do you have floating around? 😆 Btw I reserve this =) Will be back to comment later. Btw did you see the PM I sent you? =)
Tomiko thumbnail

Lol;s it's me procastinating from having to continue THT.😆

And yeshhhh; me gots your PM - Will think up something witty and intelligent and reply back!😉😆
sadaf.12 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
OMG... DID SHE HUG RB????
no way!!!! =]  ohwell... that was really good...but does it have to stop there?
shab_rules thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
omg tomiko, wot have you done????

how could you do that???????

have you no heart??????

it wasnt enough we had to watch vrinda choose rb and run towards him while totally blanking and  ingnore yug in the mandir. i just had to read it with full fledged emotion and go thru that pain all over again.

how cud you yaar. she left yug and ran to rb AGAIN !!!

are our tears not enough, you thought you would bring out some more.

omg, im really hurt. i cant belive you wrote that.
Tomiko thumbnail

Shabu: Aww jaani!!🤗

Maybe I should have put a disclaimer at the bottom: I do not condone such an ending to TSPLS.😆

YuVi belong together like Pineapples and Chocolate - but I occasionally get an angst attack and have to write something like this.....If I had my way - Vrinda would run of with Yug before the wedding, they'd settle in Canada and have lots of chubby babies.😃

Sadaf: Deja Vu - didn't you ask me that question in the THT Extra thread?😆
Edited by Tomiko - 14 years ago
rainydays. thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
^ Ooh and then I could babysit them =D And btw I realised I wont unreserve cuz well...I'm speechless. It was amazing and I love the way you write =)

And pineapples and chocolate?😆
Edited by -Ravjot- - 14 years ago
Tomiko thumbnail

Hey, Pineapple and Chocolate rocks!😎😆

sadaf.12 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
LOL pineapples and chocolate... !!! =0) ooh and yup... i did ask ya the same fing in the THT thread but what can i do... when i start reading your stories... i just wish they never end!!!!