Tomiko thumbnail
Posted: 14 years ago

*Hugs*

So it feels like an age since I was last on this forum; though I haven't been ignoring the chappal that are being sent my way because of my FFs.  My exams finished as of last Friday [ ] and I'm really trying to sit down and do something other than stare dumble at my screen as I try to type up the next parts of THT, SKUP and several other FFs that involve YuVi that have cropped up.

But, I'm not getting anywhere.πŸ˜•

Sooooooooooo; here's something I dug up from my hard drive - originally a tango FF inspired by a discussion on the JJR forum, then adapted for Slokha of Parivaar and now moulded clumsily for Yug and Vrinda of the THT universe.

*WARNING: SPOILERS AHEAD*

It fits in a few weeks down the current THT timeline - YuVi are married and Urvashi makes a comeback and Bharti is also thrown in somewhere.

A peace offering before I manage to get my brain gear and put together the next chapter for my FF.

Enjoy!πŸ˜ƒ

Vrinda incessantly tugged at the hem of her dress; praying that it would budge and at least slide over to cover her knees; but the black halter neck remained insistent as it curved gently and fell elegantly over her body revealing the well toned legs she had acquired from running around Ria all day.  She looked breathtaking with her hair falling loosely over her back, a few loose tendrils pinned up to divulge her face whilst some simple eye make up outlined her doe like eyes.

Even so she felt uncomfortable as she nervously stepped in to the crowded party flaunting the top businessmen from around India, with several familiar faces from the rushed wedding only weeks ago.  The blaring music drowned out the lively chatter of the models, the low whispers of the industrialists and the gentle clinking of wine glasses as the whole hall celebrated the acquisition of the new contract for KG Enterprises.

Vrinda hoped she could find Yug; slide silently to his side and remain there as the wallflower bride she'd become.  However that was not to be as a head turned her way, followed by a whisper; and then another head and more whispers.  Soon many of the guests had spotted her and were whispering furiously amongst themselves – what a sight it must be to see Vrinda; the quiet, fumbling and unremarkable girl Yug had picked to be his wife; dressed in a flowing dress that barely covered her legs.

Wrapping her arms tightly around her upper body, Vrinda cursed herself for so easily bending to Nishi and Bharti's orders to dress her for the day, and sulked at the fact Vikram-Aditya had barely batted an eyelid at her appearance.

Hmph.  If only he had insisted that she stay home tonight as Vrinda was now sure that every familiar face in the party was gossiping about her.

She was therefore not surprised when she heard a high-pitched drawl behind her.

"My, my Vrinda.  Somebody seems to have dressed up today."

Vrinda turned to face Urvashi dressed in a racy red number, boasting her ample assets.

"I thought you did not come to parties.  But then again, Yug had invited you so sweetly – I'm sure you could not have refused"

She grinned slyly, flashing her teeth as Vrinda looked away.  She'd never been one to fight unnecessarily, though that did not stop her from coming to the conclusion that this woman was downright infuriating.

She was hoping that Urvashi has taken her fill and would move one but alas, lady luck was not on her side today and Vrinda noticed – much to her mortification – Urvashi calling out to Yug in a sugary sweet voice.

"Yug darling…"

Vrinda's eyes widened in panic as she noticed Yug breaking of from a nearby group, turning around at the sound of Urvashi's voice and greeting her with that dimpled smile that Vrinda rarely saw.

"Really Yug, you shouldn't be talking about business when your wife's around.  She was just telling me how good she is at the tango, why don't you dance with her."

Vrinda looked at Urvashi aghast as Yug turned towards her, his brown eyes sparkling under the many lights.

"Really, I wonder why she never mentioned it."

He looked – amused.  Who wouldn't?  The idea of Vrinda doing something like the tango was unimaginable!

He would have to hold her waist and guide her through the dance; the thoughts itself made Vrinda squirm and she tumbled over her words to convince Yug otherwise.

"Urh; I…I'm really not…I me-ean I…"

Urvashi laughed synthetically and intervened before Vrinda could say anything.

"Oh come on Vrinda, why are you shy in front your husband?"

She winked at Yug and pushed Vrinda slightly towards him who tumbled in to his arms.  Her cheeks turned crimson from embarrassment as she recognised the gleam in Yug's eyes.

"So Vrinda – will you dance with me?"

Transfixed by his gaze she just nodded dumbly, allowing him to whisk her away to the dance floor where many couples were already trying hard to keep up with song whilst Urvashi smirked and moved over to the bar – after all, she had to get a good view of Vrinda making a fool of herself.

Vrinda jumped as she felt Yug slide his hand around her waist causing her to finally look up at him.  She was already nervous; the soft chocolate colour of his eyes only increased her uneasiness and she looked away hastily to notice the fast paced dances around her.  She couldn't – not in front of everyone.

"You can't tango can you?"

She turned slightly towards Yug who was watching her intently, a small smile playing on his lips that caused her to become tongue-tied again.  She opted for staying mute causing the smile to widen slightly.

"Don't worry; I think I can teach you a few steps"

He whispered to her gently, his grip tightening ever so tightly on her waist causing her to shudder despite the warmth.

"I lead and you follow with the opposite foot okay?"

She nodded again; this time less nervous and he wondered if he'd seen a smile?  But it had disappeared as fast as it came.

Loosening his hold, Yug guided her through the steps, murmuring instructions as she dutifully followed.  He moves his left foot to the side and she followed with her right.  He placed his right foot behind his left and turned in the same direction as she placed her left foot back.

He pivoted first to the right; and then back to the left; eyes firmly fixed on Vrinda as she followed his actions, surprisingly without too much concentration.  A fast learner he presumed.

Taking her in his arms he swung her around; sliding her body across his as they both turned to look at each other before he pulled her up gently and twirled her away before bringing her sharply back in so that she collided in to his body; her face only inches away from his before a demure smile appeared on her lips and she pushed him away; twisting and turning to the music as he followed her every move; bringing her back in to him time and time again.

They had gradually picked up pace until the violins, piano, double bass and bandoneons merged in to a soft hum and they became aware of nothing but their panting as Vrinda led the way – seducing and flirting with him whilst he followed, protecting her.

The air between them lay heavy with desire as she twirled out and he pulled her back towards him before lifting her up and twirling her around, her hands lying softly against his face as they watched each other zealously.

He put her back down; twirling her once more before she pushed him away; felt him pulling her back and she finished elaborately, breaking the balance and ending on his chest.

There was silence as they looked at each other; only broken by their panting as their chests heaved from the effort of the dance though they had not taken their eyes of each other once.

Suddenly the hall erupted in to fierce applaud and Vrinda pulled herself up; blushing profusely as she realised everyone had been watching.  Yug's arm was still lying comfortably around her waist as if it was the most natural thing for him to do and she had to step away slightly so that he would realise.

Looking up she found his gaze fixed on her; his lips tightly pressed together as if he was trying hard to suppress his smile but it slipped and she found herself blushing again.

"Really Yug, you have to stop underestimating me."

She murmured in to his ear, flashing a rare impish smile before she turned towards the grinning faces of Raj and Nishi, acutely aware of Yug's eyes on her swaying hips. 

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

shab_rules thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
wow yaar. you certainly brought that tango to life. i mean i know its a seductive dance, but uff my lord, i was like on a HIGH reading that.   wow, really passionate. i truely loved it. and you totally made up for not posting the actuall update.

the intensity between yug and vrinda, the way he was holding her wow. and ooh sassy vrinda eh. she knew yug was looking at her swaying hips. lol.  
i just wish it was longer yaar. i was like almost hyperventilating and then IT ENDS ! you have left me hanging again. but i dont mind hanging here by my nails, it was worth it !

thnx hunny !!!!!πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘
Tomiko thumbnail

😳

Really, what more can I say to your comment than that?

Thanks so much Shabs!πŸ€—
nikita_88 thumbnail
Hey Tomiko

That was a great SS, the Tango was amazing, so well written, it was so intense. Well I haven't read your fan fic but will do soon, when my exams are over, migth make more sense to why Yug and Vrinda relationship was weird, and who Ria is but still it was great!

Urvashi annoyed me but at least she got them to dance!

Nikita
Tomiko thumbnail

^Lols; that might be a good idea!πŸ˜†

But the FanFic is still pretty confusing - I'm still trying to piece together the prequel so hald of the stuff even I don't know!πŸ˜ƒπŸ˜†

sadaf.12 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
wow that was amazing... the tango was sooo...intense... wow... oh god... why did it have to finish there?? why oh why!!!!
Tomiko thumbnail

^Urh maybe because this is an SS?πŸ˜‰πŸ˜†