MPKK:Articles Corner-No Comments!

.Angel thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 14 years ago
Mitwa Phool Kamal Ke Articles Corner-No Comments

This thread will contain all the articles/interviews related to the show Mitwa Phool Kamal Ke

IF is in direct competition with Telly Chakkar & Indian Television. Don't post articles from these two above sites on IF.

Please provide link to the article/source.

Don't post any comments out here. They will be trashed/deleted by Dev Team.

Angel😊

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

dharaa thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

Mohit Malhotra: I'm excited!

MTV Splitsvilla's lover boy Mohit Malhotra will be seen playing Birju on Mitwa Phool Kamal Ke(STAR Plus) which premieres today. We caught up with Mohit, who talked about his background, his shows and his opinion on realities.

Tell us about your journey from Splitsvilla to Mitwa Phool Kamal Ke?

It has been very nice; people have accepted me in the industry. So the journey is not over, and hopefully people will accept this new character I am playing. I am looking forward to the show. I went for the audition, they liked my performance and thought I was perfect for the role. That's how I got selected.

Were you always interested in acting?
I always wanted to become an actor and I feel blessed to have got the opportunity to be part of the Star parivaar. I am excited about the show and hope that people appreciate me as an actor."

Do you think reality shows are a ticket to an acting career?
I am not sure about that. Unless you have it in you, you cannot become an actor because, at the end of the day, you have to be able to perform. So if you have the talent, you deserve to be in the industry, whether you were part of a reality show or not.

Do you think people will accept you as Birju?
Well, like Birju, I was a sweet lover boy in Splitsvilla too. I just feel blessed that I have got the opportunity to perform. I took up this show as a challenge and I hope people like me.

Shooting for daily soaps are hectic, how are you managing?
It is going to be a learning experience. Reality shows are a different experience and this too is different. I take everything as a chance to learn and I am sure that I have a lot of learning in store for me.

How did you groom yourself?
I have been talking to my servants and auto wallas to pick up the accent. We also had an acting workshop on how to portray our characters and speak the language.

Tell us about your look on the show.
My character is from the village and he belongs to a lower caste, so the look is very simple. I wear mostly kurta pyjama.

Tell us about your character.
Birju belongs to a lower caste and has had a lot of trouble while growing up. He is very raw guy and his village has had a great impact on his character. Birju has problems that lower caste people face. The story takes a turn when he falls in love with Bela, an upper caste girl.

What is the real Mohit like?
I am a travel buff like any youngster and I like doing exciting things. I read lots of biographies. I am a big follower of Donald Trump. I want to peruse acting and be the finest actor ever. Everyone has their own priorities and I have seen very young people play leads on shows but I chose to finish my education. I did my B.Com and then enrolled for theatre workshops. After that, Splitsvilla happened. I have an elder brother; my dad is a businessman and my mom is a housewife. My brother, Himanshu Malhotra, is into acting and he has starred in one film and is working on a second one. I currently stay with him here in Mumbai.

Do you think that Indian audiences are prepared for bold shows such as Splitsvilla?

Every show or channel focuses on different segments of the audience. MTV focuses on the youth. To some extent, people are influenced by Western culture and that is why reality shows on VH1 are so popular. So, the youth accepts these shows.

What did your parents think about your appearance on Splitsvilla?
They have always been supportive and helpful. And they were the same when it came to me featuring in Splitsvilla. They were happy that I got a show; it was a positive reaction.

What do you have to say about your tiff with Siddharth?

I would not like to comment on it. It was a show and these things happen. We have differences but we are friends. Friends also fight sometimes.

Are you dating Joanna?
I would not like to comment on this as well.

What shows do you like watching on TV?
I have been watching Balika Vadhu; it is a good show. I like Real World on VH1 as well.

Would you do another reality show?
I do not know. I have already had that experience. I might want to do it if something good comes up. There are a couple of new concepts so there might be some good reality series emerging.

Sonali Joshi/Hill Road Media

Wednesday, May 27, 2009

zoreen thumbnail
plu-eeeeeeeee-zzzzzzzzzzzz!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!sum1 tell me if they are dating!!!???
NiharikaMishra thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 8
Hey ppl
Check out Mohit's very own blog
on
http://mohitmalhotra.com

And his Modeling Profile As well (Courtesy: www.jurgita.com)

Stats

Name:Mohit Malhotra
Model ID:262279
Spoken languages:en
Membership: (bronze)
Portfolio views:84
Availability:Fashion: print, catalog, editorial, bodypart, showroom, fitness, fit, tearoom
Commercial: product, lifestyle, corporate, demo, tradeshow

Physical stats

Eyes:black
Skin:fair
Teeth:perfect
Measurements:MetricImperial
Height:180 cm5' 11"
Weight:64 kg141 lbs
Bust:97 cm38"
Waist:74 cm29"
Hips:86 cm34"
Dress/Clothes size:l9
Shoes size:439

Photos

Zoom
Monthly votes: 8
Zoom
Monthly votes: 9
Zoom
Monthly votes: 7
Zoom
Monthly votes: 22
Zoom
Monthly votes: 7

poooohjjjazzzzz thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
thanx.waiting for his entry.......
niveditha thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
He is one of my baratis: Manav Vij

The rumours were doing the rounds recently about a cold war between Harshad Chopra (Prem of Kis Desh Main Hai Mera Dil) and Manav Vij (Kiren of Kis Desh). However Indya source on the sets has different story to tell us.

A person from the unit of Kis Desh. says:"There is no cold war between both of them, as Manav is not even shooting for the show now, but even when he was shooting for it, they would talk to each other normally. Now also he often comes on the sets as his lady love Vaishali is part of our show. So he visits sets and chat with Harshad too."

The matter started when it is said that Harshad was not invited for Vaishali Sachdev's party which Manav thrown for her. But our source says:" On the day of Vaishali's birthday party Harshad was busy with some work. If you will watch them on the sets, they look like buddies, so god knows from where this information came out. He came on the sets very next day of Vaishali's birthday and they just laughed off on this matter. They can often spot chatting casually with each other. "

When contacted Manav he too had similar story to tell." It is just blown out of proportion. I am not shooting for this show, as I am busy in shooting for Mitwa Phool Kamal Ke.But he is like a buddy and he is going to be one of my baratis in my wedding, which is happening soon. Whenever I go on the sets we talk to each other."

There was a report saying that Harshad and Manav have become John and Salman of TV because of their fight ,but it seems they are not like those superstars at least as far as fight is concern.

http://www.indya.com/news/newsDetails.aspx?xfile=2009/June/News_20090625_99

sattvik thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail

Mitwa crew taken for a merry-go-round!

03 July 2009 | 2:02am 

The whole crew of Star Plus's Mitwa- Phool Kamal Ke was taken for a ride in the search of an old man, who had to play a bit role in the serial.

The unit members of Star Plus' Mitwa- Phool Kamal Ke, produced by BAG Films were taken for a ride recently.

According to our source, "There was an old man who was recruited to play a small role, and the scene to be shot was the introductory sequence of Maamchand (Shahbaaz Khan). The scene required the old man to keep bending when Maamchand arrives; but when Nirbhay (Manish Wadhwa) casts a look on the old man, he had to immediately fall on the ground. The first part of the sequence was shot, and then the unit took their lunch break. But the interesting thing was that the old man left the shoot spot thinking that his scene was over". 

This is where the tale turns sour. Our source elaborates, "Unfortunately it was not time yet for the old man to pack up. He had to be there for the rest of the shoot too. And he had already left! To top this, no one knew his name or his whereabouts. He couldn't even be replaced because half the sequence was shot using him. It just had to be him!"

What followed was chaos as the source goes on to say, "Then began the search for the old man throughout the scorching Bheeta Gaon in Allahabad; but not a sign of the old man anywhere. The crew had to search through five neighboring villages, without name or a photograph but just a faint picture of him in their mind. They finally found the old man in a nearby village and alas, only then they could resume their shoot."

Well, this incident is surely an alarm bell that indicates that they need to be more watchful!!

NiharikaMishra thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 8

"Don't think I'm Odd, I'm an Example" - Mohit Malhotra

Mohit Malhotra, who became a known face thanks to MTV's Splittsvilla and has now bagged a role in Star Plus's Mitwa- Phool Kamal Ke, makes us realize that he spells freshness in everyway as he chats along...
Say I don't know you. Then how would you picture yourself to me?
Umm'a cute poster boy'

So far has life turned out the way you wanted it to?
Yes'it's been great!

Do you think Splittsvilla was a perfect break for you?
Well, I don't know if it was perfect. But it was definitely unexpected and it helped me a lot. It got me noticed!

How has the transition from Splittsvilla to Mitwa been?
Wonderful! I've been enjoying each and every moment of it.

When is your entry in Mitwa?
Well, I've been shooting for it for quite a while now and I think my entry is fixed tentatively, around next week.

Tell us about your character.
Well, my character Birju is a very lovely guy. He has grown up in a village but has completed his education from the city. The only reason he comes back to the village is because he loves his mom a lot and wants to stay with her. He is someone I think pretty much everyone would find affable.

How does it feel when you are in your character's shoes?
At first it was very difficult to fit in my character's shoes. But then we had some workshops and classes which got me the hang of being Birju. And now I can be pretty comfortable playing Birju.

Does your character relate to you anyhow?
Yes, Birju is very innocent and helpful. Plus, he has an impending love story. So these two issues make me relate to him.

How can you relate to a love-story?!
Haha'you can say because of my Splittsvilla experience.

Your show deals with casteism. Your take on the caste system.
It's a very delicate issue, I'd rather not comment on it.

What measures can be taken to eradicate the caste system in our country?
I think it all depends on the people's mindset. If everyone's thinking changes, and all of us start treating each other equally, there would be nothing remaining of caste.

You pursued education in fields like management and business. So what made you change your focus to arts? Is it the fame?
I actually wanted to be an actor right from the beginning. But I also knew that management skills prove useful no matter in which field you are. But if you think the path I've chosen is odd, then I'd like to tell you, that I'm setting an example. It's that no matter what you study you can always become an actor.

Tell us about your whole 'stay light' ideology.
It's just that life always comes up with new experiences. But no matter what kind of experiences they are, try to learn from them and make the better of it. Try to be a new person everyday. Wake up with a fresh spirit every morning!

Is there a dream role for you or any director in particular that you'd like to work with?
I would like to portray each and every character that I take up, as if it's my dream role. And Mani Ratnam is one director I would love to work with.

Your blog page is a great disappointment to your fans'
Really?! Why?

There's not much of content. They wish you would share more with them.
Ahh! What to do yaar? I'm so pressed for time. But I promise all my fans that whenever I get the time I will definitely write something for them.

Are you so pressed for time, you can't afford to have a girlfriend?
(laughs) Yeah, you can say that. Working in a tele-serial keeps me so busy I just can't take time out for keeping up with a girlfriend.

Edited by nikkie - 14 years ago