mehraan thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 5
Posted: 14 years ago
i had a doubt while watchg 2days epse is padmavati fmly a rajput.??lukg from the dressng sense n the way they talk was completely different from rana ratan singh who had a different accent n style.... can any1 throw light?

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

jiyas thumbnail
she belong to sri lanka .today i had read the history of rani padmani in which i was written that the country she belong to called deuep singal is now known as sri lanka .beleive me i had read it
24aug86 thumbnail

Well Noticed! She was not a rajput by birth but was married to one and hence is known as a rajput. Padmni's father was the king of present day Sri Lanka.

Ipshitaa thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
^ Oh is it..? I haven't seen today's episode but then how come in the first episode they showed her father saying that he will only allow a rajput king for sword fight for Padmini's swayamwar...if they themselves weren't Rajputs..:S
chan.barbie thumbnail
of corse shes a rajput...............
mehraan thumbnail

Originally posted by: jiyas

she belong to sri lanka .today i had read the history of rani padmani in which i was written that the country she belong to called deuep singal is now known as sri lanka .beleive me i had read it

wow i didnt kno tis!!thanx dear 4 lettg us kno... tis is piece of info 2 me...
mehraan thumbnail

Originally posted by: 24aug86

Well Noticed! She was not a rajput by birth but was married to one and hence is known as a rajput. Padmni's father was the king of present day Sri Lanka.

ohh!!thanx 4 enlightening me on tis dear...well thy was smethg different wen i was watchg  them...the way thy talk .....n the dresses thy worn......rana was a complete contrats 2 them... nvr heard abt sweeldeep  .. the place thy were living in  sot jus got  curious 2 kno whtr padmini is a rajput or not!!!
mehraan thumbnail

Originally posted by: Ipshitaa

^ Oh is it..? I haven't seen today's episode but then how come in the first episode they showed her father saying that he will only allow a rajput king for sword fight for Padmini's swayamwar...if they themselves weren't Rajputs..:S

do watch it dear..u will find out the points vich i mentioned...
i think rajputs r known 4 their bravery ...tats uy mayb...!
monu_tan thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
I dun think Rani Padmini was a foreigner to india. Its highly unlikely for some rajput prince to go all along to sri lanka crossing seas and marrying a princess there.  About the culture being different well among rajputs you will find different sub sections who will have different style of living and following customs..
LeadOxide thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
No she wasn't Rajput ( She was from Sri Lanka)