RiyaK09 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 14 years ago
Some excerpts from his recent interview

Milenge Milenge is coming at a point when Shahid and Kareena have called it quits.
Well, blame it on destiny. But as I tell my producer Boney Kapoor, this film is based on destiny and destiny is going to take care of Milenge Milenge. Not many people know that Milenge Milenge is the first film that Shahid and Kareena signed together. Actually, I was the first director to convince Kareena to work with Shahid. I called Kareena while she was filming for Bewafaa with Akshay Kumar.

Have you shot some of the scenes again with Shahid and Kareena?
No, I haven't. There was no need to. People keep on changing their look in each scene now instead of each film. Yes, both Shahid and Kareena are looking young in Milenge Milenge but you will not make out in the film when you see them. Whatever we've shot is final. After their successful Jab We Met, they are ready to meet again.

There isn't anything unusual about the film. I mean, it's just another romantic comedy.
Not really. Milenge Milenge has a very powerful story line. It's about lovers yearning for each other. Even if they have parted ways and are busy with their own individual lives, they both want to meet somehow. That's unusual, isn't it? The performances from both Shahid and Kareena are so powerful that the people who've seen the film are raving about it. Milenge Milenge is an emotional film in all aspects.

The performances from both Shahid and Kareena are so powerful that the people who've seen the film are raving about it
Is the word chart buster written all over the music of Milenge Milenge?
It certainly doesn't have a 'Mauja Hi Mauja'. I believe in emotional tunes a lot. For me, like in my previous film Tere Naam' I had 'Tumse Milna Baate Karna Bada Accha Lagta Hai' or the title track were great emotional songs. There are a couple of soft numbers in Milenge Milenge which are very aggressive too. The songs are very captivating and will touch your heart.

Do you think Shahid and Kareena will promote the film together now that they're no more together?
Well, that's a call which the producer Boney Kapoor has to take. I am sure that in all good faith they both will come together to promote the film if needed. At the moment I've got Teree Sang to take care of as that's going to release first in the theatres after the strike.

You've worked with Kareena at the start of her career in Mujhe Kuch Kehna Hai with Tusshar which you directed. What's Kareena like now?
We all know that Kareena has taken a leap now. A big one. She is a brilliant actress. Sometimes, you relate to an actor on emotional grounds. That's my relationship with her. Somehow, I and Kareena have stuck to that emotional connect. I was very touched by one of the recent interviews which Kareena gave to the print where she stated, "Whatever the reason, I have done Milenge Milenge for two favourite people of mine, Boney Kapoor and Satish Kaushik, who've stood by me from the beginning of my career. I totally stand by Milenge Milenge." I should say this that Kareena apne profession ki bhakti karti hain. She is the only Kapoor girl who has so much passion that today if Raj Kapoor saab was alive, he would've felt that the show is still going on. Kareena is completely a director's girl.

Your inputs on Shahid Kapoor please.
Shahid is touted to be the next super duper hero of Bollywood. He is into his own world of acting just like his father Pankaj Kapur. He is not a kind of person who will speak out like Kareena about how the film is. But he knows in his heart of heart that he has done a good film. Milenge Milenge will work out for Shahid.

Courtesy- IndiaFm.com

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

desigal90 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
Aww, Satish adores kareena!
Seems like he's very very fond of her, even as a person!
But meh...everyone raves about hteir own movie, so I cant take his comments too seriously abuot MM. We'll see
RiyaK09 thumbnail
You know Desu, its just might be a good movie. The only thing that bothers me is that Shahid-Kareena look SOO dated!

desigal90 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
I know Riya. I dont know...I just have a bad feeling about htis movie, dont know why. A movie shouldnt be this delayed you know.
RiyaK09 thumbnail
Well dont worry, I dont see it releasing anytime soon cuz of the evil strike. Maybe, end of this year...
One thing is for sure, people will go and watch this movie!
fizzles thumbnail
aww Satish, jelly-belly!!
Well, I'm not so sure abt Milenge Milenge. Been hearing abt it for soooo long. For God's sake, kab milenge?! Kareena and Shahid in JWM were fantabulous. WOuld've liked it to remain that way. But Milenge Milenge might ruin the image. But I could be wrong. Just gotta wait for it to release. As they say, proof is in the pudding.