Tomiko thumbnail
Posted: 15 years ago

Heyoo Everyone!🤗

I know I have like two FFs to update but this thing called life clubbed me over the head and dragged me away from my computer.  Still catching up with all my work but trying to get my FFs updated as well.😛

Until then, here's a SS [Short Story].  Originally this was to be posted after the Vrinda-Raj debacle as my version of how I would have liked the wedding to go.  But it got delayed.😳

Finally finished it of and also planning to make this the first chapter of my still-in-the-works-but-hopefully-out-soon-FF inspired by KANK and K_luv.😃

P.S. Title comes form the song Bolon To Movie: Shabd 

Vrinda stared numbly in to the gilded mirror before, oblivious to the fluttering hands of the women surrounding her:  some dabbing last minute make-up to her cheeks, others fixing her heavy gold jewellery whilst her mother pinned the deep crimson chunni to her head.  The veil of a bride.

She felt a sob rising in her throat and clamped her eyes shut so that she wouldn't have to see the moisture that made them glisten.  Parminder stalled for barely a second before resuming her work.

Her mothers pointed ignorance of her tears made Vrinda want to cry all the harder.  But she pushed away her misery, like she had done so many times over the past 23 years, and allowed her mind to fade back in to the blessed numbness that made this farce bearable.

Because that was exactly what this wedding was for her.  After all, how could she expect to love someone as her husband when she had already given away all the love she possessed to another?

The murmur around her turned in to excited chatter as a girl came rushing in, exclaiming that the baraat had arrived.

Her mother stood still, framed in the same reflection as her daughter; but when she met Vrinda's tortured eyes, stark against her blank expression, Parminder turned and left.

Agonizingly slow seconds ticked by before they came back for her.  Radhika Chachi and Pooja and her best friend Githika – all those who had claimed that they loved her.  They grasped her arms, leading her through the flowered halls, down the staircase, and towards the mandir that held the man who had come to marry her.

And Vrinda followed.

The Pundit started his mantra in a low chant, her groom shooting her sideways glances and family looking on with stony expressions whilst she stared in to the fire.  The blessed heat consuming her, setting her alight until everything faded in to darkness and she felt as if she had become the fire.

Burning brightly, consuming all the pain and hatred over the years but finally faltered by her own family who did their best to stamp out every kindle until she was reduced to ashes.

A loud crash, the sound of a tussle and yelps of pain pulled Vrinda out of her reverie.  Even the Pundit faltered as the guests glanced nervously towards the commotion.

And then the doors burst open and he stood before her; chest rising and falling in rapid succession, one eye closed and bruised the shade of purple, blood trickling through a broken nose and arms shaking as he dragged himself forward, limping but ignoring the pain as he watched her with all the longing he could muster.

And then he grinned.

Vrinda was holding him in a heartbeat.  All but leaping over the fire, ignoring the enraged roar of Dadabeer and the sound of Teji's bandooq as he tried to get a clear shot of Yug, and even the men who bustled through barely seconds later, still bruised from their fight with Yug but determined to pull the young couple apart.

But they held on, embracing furiously as he sank in to the abyss of her neck and she breathed in his essence, going further than the stench of his blood and sweat. 

"I thought you wouldn't come."

"But I promised.  And I did."

And he twirled her around, as she threw back her head and laughed in the middle of the chaos, even as tears streamed down her face.

A little heavy on the emotion I know…But hey, me likes it.😳

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

nikita_88 thumbnail
It was amazing, i was gripped all the way through every word every emotion i felt, i wish this had truely happened it would have been an amazing episode!!!!!
Really amazing SS!!

Binky thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Lovely yaar i just loved it and you know what this is what I wanted to happen when DB was getting Vrinda married and I thought that it would happen as well till they showed the coming up scene where Yug sees Vrinda going in the car 😭
Neetu2825 thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 4
God...if only Yug had done that in the show!
I was so hoping he would something like that...😭but he never came.
Thanks 4 the SS....nice to see that our yugvir can at least be together in our imaginations. I simply loved it.

-mya- thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail
Just amazing...i wish it was on our show than...gr8 imagination hun...thankx a lot!!
Suga.Point thumbnail

You are seriously to good! I really wished this had happend in the show...only if Yug came on time😭 But I don't blame him at all...all the blame goes on to VA, DB and DB's family!

And thanks for actually going had with my idea of the KANK-inspired FF!! So sorry for being really pushy...was getting too excited! LOL! Can't wait!!

Once again, well done on this SS! Was truly amazing!⭐️