Rahul Lohani is the new music teacher - Article

niveditha thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 15 years ago
Rahul Lohani is the new music teacher

Hit show Balika Vadhu will have a new addition to its cast next week. Rahul Lohani will make his entrance on the show as a music teacher. Rahul has been seen on TV soaps such as Jab Love Hua and Mohe Rang De before he proved his mettle as the mentally-retarded Mayank on Balaji's most popular family drama Kyunki Saas Bhi Kabhi Bahu Thi.

THE versatile actor says of his new role, "I am playing a music teacher in Balika Vadhu. My character is soft spoken and shy and will be teaching Gehna, played by Neha Marda. I always look for challenging roles and love to experiment when it comes to my acting."
Rahul was approached for the role a week ago by the makers of Balika Vadhu. He talks about his preparations for the character, saying, "When I heard about the role, I quite liked it and so I went along. I also took some basic classes in music to get into the skin of the character. So far, I've been shooting for Balika Vadhu for three days and my entrance scene will take place on the coming Monday."

And Rahul can't wait to get the audience's reaction to his character. He says, "I am damn excited about the show having me. It's one of the leading soaps at present so being a part of it feels great. I think getting on a show like Balika Vadhu has upped my reputation and I can't wait to see the public's reaction once it airs."

Rahul, who came to Mumbai from Delhi in 2001 in the hopes to becoming actor, learnt the ropes from his associated with the Ashmita Theater Group in Delhi.

http://www.indya.com/news/newsDetails.aspx?xfile=2009/April/News_20090418_80

• Randhir Roy/Hill Road Media
  • Saturday, April 18, 2009