RiyaK09 thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 15 years ago
Twenty two undone

Director Ken Ghosh suddenly drops Jiah Khan from the Shahid Kapur starrer Yahoo

By Kunal M Shah
Posted On Saturday, April 04, 2009 at 02:12:07 AM

Jiah Khan

Ken Ghosh's film Yahoo starring Shahid Kapur has run into trouble. After recent reports that the shooting of the film has been stalled, the latest news is that Jiah Khan, who has already completed 22 days of shooting, has been ousted from the film for reasons best known to Ken and UTV Motion Pictures, the film's producers.

Consequently, Ken Ghosh approached Katrina Kaif to replace Jiah, but Katrina refused to be part of the film. Now, Ken Ghosh and UTV Motion Pictures are in the soup as they have no leading lady.

Our source said, "Right from the start, there have been rumours about Jiah Khan not being part of the film. But fact is that Jiah shot for the film and everything was moving smoothly. However, she was in for a rude shock when she was suddenly dropped. It was Ken who told Jiah about her ouster.

Jiah is visibly heartbroken as she was dropped from the film for no fault of hers. To make matters worse, Ken has been constantly calling Katrina as he wants her to replace Jiah. But to his dismay, Katrina has refused as she has no dates."

While the film was earlier stalled because of production hassles, this time the reason for further delay is that the film has no lead actress. Also, with a new lead actress coming in eventually, several portions of the film will have to be reshot, resulting in an increased budget.

Ken Ghosh

Commenting on Jiah being out of the film, the source added, "We still don't know what made Ken Ghosh drop Jiah especially when he had no reason to complain as far as her work was concerned."

Despite repeated attempts, Ken Ghosh remained unavailable for comment. While Jiah didn't deny the story, all she said was: "Hey, the best person to ask would be the producer."

We tried contacting Siddharth Roy Kapoor of UTV but he too remained unavailable for comment.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

I wonder what happened?

I know a lot of people here want to see Shahid-Katrina together, sad that she doesn't have dates!
RiyaK09 thumbnail
I'm surprised Ken isnt thinking about Amrita πŸ€”
😲 He should totally ask Amrita. Is she too busy right now?

πŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ˜† I don't even know what she's doing.. Last movie I saw of hers was Welcome to Sajjanpur and that one was very very good. πŸ˜‰

Someone talk some sense into Ken and make him ask Amrita.
RiyaK09 thumbnail
I think he wants a big heroine...I guess thats why he asked Kat

Originally posted by: RiyaK09

I think he wants a big heroine...I guess thats why he asked Kat

That's what I was thinking at first, but Shahid-Amrita jodi is very popular and people would love to see them again.. so I don't think it would be a risk.. But oh well, whatever he wants.
RiyaK09 thumbnail
He prob wants someone more 'modern', I guess. Since, Shamrita jodi is all sweet. And he prob wants someone who's a good dancer, maybe?
Probably, but there aren't that many girls that he looks good with.
RiyaK09 thumbnail
I wouldnt mind PC at allllllll πŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ˜†