Poonam Sinha (Shatrughan Sinha's Wife) gets candid

ar78655 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 15 years ago
Poonam Sinha gets candid

A wife, mother and successful actress, Poonam Sinha seems to juggle it all with ease. We caught up with the talented actress to find out about her secrets of multitasking, maintaining her youthful complexion as well as juggling so many roles and not just in her movie career.

What role do you play in your family members' careers?

I look into everything related to their careers, whether it is my husband's, sons' or daughter's professions. I have always looked into their education, school and extracurricular activities. But these things have never stressed me out as it is my responsibility. After all, all mothers look into household chores and their children's careers.

How do you manage everything?

I don't have to manage it, it just happens. My children are old enough but Shatru ji (Shatrughan Sinha) and I still give them suggestions. We never forbid them from doing anything. Whatever they want from life, they are free to attain. We have only showed them the correct path. My husband has been very supportive; whenever I am confused, he comes up with suggestions. I am blessed by god to have such beautiful children and a loving husband.

We heard that you are advising your daughter Sonakshi on her films and career. How important is the part you play in her career?

Well you could say that. But I guess that even your mother looks into what you are doing. When Sonakshi completed her 12th, she wanted to do fashion designing and we never stood in her way. We never told her to pursue a career in films as well. It was totally her decision. Then suddenly, she wanted to lose weight. And you know how Bollywood mummies are; they bring up their children with the idea that khate pite ghar ke bachche. But after Sonakshi finished college, she lost 30kgs in a year. Now she is concentrating on her modeling career. We have told her to concentrate on it and when a good script comes, then think about films. That way, you can say that her father and I are looking into her film career.

Tell us about your twins Luv and Kush. Is it tough differentiating between them?

They are gifted to me by God. Both of them are very close to me but they take professional advice from their father. Now, they are working on their respective films. I've always said that Luv is more of the serious kind of actor while Kush is the full commercial package. Both are like their father.

With elections coming up, how are you supporting your husband Shatrughan's political career?

Oh, don't ask me! Soon after the Lakme Fashion Week ends, the election campaigns start. I am busy with that too and I don't know how to handle it. But I appeal to the common public to please vote for candidates who will do something for you. I know the Bihar ki junta will vote for Shatru.

While managing your family affairs as well as your career, do you get time to cook at home?

Earlier I used to cook but now it's not routine. Some of the dishes I make are liked so I make them- especially on Sundays. Even my kitty party members think that I am the best cook so I have to make stuff for them too. I love cooking but now, because of my work load, I don't get the time to do it.

You have maintained your beauty even after so many years in the industry. What are your beauty secrets?

I believe in homemade nuskhes. I do go to beauty parlours but I clean my face with homemade beauty regimes. For cleansing, Sonakshi and I use milk. We use besan with milk as a face pack. The most important thing to do is drink lots of water as it really keeps your skin beautiful. If you look at old actresses, they are still beautiful whereas some of today's actresses have lost their charm because of parlours. This is because older actresses maintain their looks with natural products.

Link http://www.starboxoffice.com/newsDetails.aspx?xfile=2009/April/News_20090401_3

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

simran1285 thumbnail

I agree with her, I use besan and milk for my face too, I add haldi and chandan in it as well with a few drops of lemon. It's great for pigmentation and also cleanses your face. Haldi and Lemon are antibacterials hence they keep your face clean.

Aaliya-Rafa thumbnail
The homemade nuskhe must work, since she is still looking beautiful.
Even though I am more of a staunch feminist, I can appreciate how this lady is never seen without the sindoor.