31Mar-09-Bhrigu's curse to Vishnu

Posted: 15 years ago
Jai Siya Ram
Laxman moves towards the fire. But, in the nick of time, Guru Vashisth calls him from behind.
Vashishth - Son Laxman
Laxman - Pranam gurudev
Vashisth - Son, how did you forget that scriptures call suicide as sinful.
Laxman - Gurudev, I can neither tolerate the injustice, which Ram bhaiya did to bhabhi nor I can oppose bhaiya.
Vashisth - For that you wanted to end your life? Your brother is the very personification of justice. He is maryada-puroshottam. He can never do any injustice.
Laxman - Pardon me, gurudev, but what will you call banishing an innocent woman?
Vashisth - Sri Ram is not the real cause of what you are calling as injustice. The real cause is the curse, which he got in Satya yug. The tenth battle between gods and demons were fought. With the help of Sri Hari Vishnu gods won and the demons were destroyed. But some demons were somehow saved. They went to their guru Shukracharya's mother and sage Bhrigu's wife and asked for protection.

Shukracharya's mother asks them to come inside. Indra comes there with retinue of gods.
Indra - Pranam. Some demons escaped and came here.
Shukracharya's mother - They are inside the ashram.
Indra - Then send them out, mother. They are our enemies.
Shukracharya's mother - They are in my protection. It is my duty to protect them. I cannot hand them over to their enemies.
Stolen from India Foruma
Indra tries to go inside.
Shukracharya's mother - Stay there, devraj. If you try to harm those, who have sought my protection, then I will curse you.
Indra - Let me see what you can do when Lord Vishnu himself comes?
Lord Vishnu is resting on Sheshnag. Laxmi is pressing his feet. So nice to see Debina as Laxmi.😊 Indra comes there. He and other gods request him to wake up and tell him the entire story.
Laxmi - Devraj, Sri Hari is taking rest after such a long battle. Please wait a while.
But Vishnu, by his yogic power, goes to Bhrigu's ashram. Bhrigu's wife greets him.
Vishnu - You have hidden some some demons in your ashram. They are enemies of humanity. Bring them in front of me.
Bhrigu's wife - Forgive me, Lord. But the demons are in my protection. It will be against dharma if I bring them to you.
Vishnu - By helping demons, you are making yourself fit for punishment by me.
Bhrigu's wife - You are worshipable to me. I will happily accept whatever punishment you give me. But please do not ask me to commit the sin of breaking the trust of those who have come in my protection.
Vishnu - Then I must take your life in order to kill the demons.
Shukracharya's mother accepts that.
Vishnu cuts her head with his sudarshan chakra. He calls out to demons hidden inside. The demons do not come. Then Vishnu sends his sudarshan chakra inside, which kills the demons.Stolen from India Foruma

Sage Bhrigu arrives there. He gets angry on seeing the dead body of his wife.
Bhrigu - Narayan, my wife gave protection to the demons. One who gives protection does not deserve to be attacked. But you killed her. I curse you that you will be born on Earth as a human and will have to live separated from your wife.
Vishnu smiles.
Vishnu - When one has to make a choice between two options, then choose the one by which more and more people are benefited. I had to kill your wife in order to kill the demons. I will always feel bad because of that. But I feel relieved because you cursed me. In Treta yug, I will take birth on Earth and fulfill your curse.
Stolen from India Foruma
Thus, sage Vashisth finishes telling the story.
Vashishth - Laxman, now you know the real story behind what you are calling as injustice. Because of that curse, Lord Vishnu had to take birth as Sri Ram. Nobody is exempt from the law of karma - not even Sri Hari Vishnu. Laxman, it is your life. Do as you wish.
(I did not like the last sentence of what guru Vashisth said. The dialog writer should not have included that.)

In Valmiki's ashram, Sita is going to fill of water. The women of ashram tell her that they do not give any trouble to guests.Stolen from India Foruma
Sita - You treat me as a guest? I came here thinking this ashram as my home. Even guru Valmiki said that I am like his daughter. But you do not treat me as your own. I must leave this place.
Old woman - Do not even think like that, daughter. We never treat anybody as stranger. Maharshi Valmiki has taught us that the entire world is our family (Vasudhaiva Kutumbakam). And you won our hearts as you soon as you came here.
Another women - We thought you would not have done such kind of work. That is why we stopped you.
Sita - No, sister. I have been doing such work for years. Now shall I fill water?

Sita fills water.
Raja Ram ka yashi kahin dhumil na pad jaye
Karm-yog mein janki tan-man rahi tapaay
Van mein baithi haay

Laxman comes back to Ayodhya. Ram is very happy to see him and hugs him. Laxman asks for forgiveness.
Ram - Laxman, I am happy that you came back. Prepare a bed of straws for me.
Laxman - The great king of Ayodhya will sleep on the bed of straws?
Ram - Sita's husband has decided that Ram will live the way Sita lives. I will live the life of a renunciate without giving up the kingdom.
Stolen from India Foruma
Laxman gets emotional on hearing this but he agrees with Ram. He prepares the bed of straws. Ram sleeps on it and Laxman presses his feet.
Stolen from India Foruma
In the morning, king Janak is coming to Ayodhya.
Janak - Sarthi, drive faster. I am restless to meet my daughter Sita.
Bharat informs Kaushalya about Janak's arrival.
Kaushalya and Janak greet each other.
Janak - Because I was busy, I could not come during god-bharayi of Sita and his sisters. So I came now to surprise Ram and Sita. Where are Maharaj Ram and my daughter Sita?

Kaushalya is shocked. She does not know what to answer.
Stolen from India Foruma
Precap - Janak asks Ram about Sita.
Stolen from India Foruma
Sometimes I feel that there are too many background songs.
I liked Ankit's acting the most today.

For those, who want to know, Shukracharya's mother was Khyati.

Edited by akhl - 15 years ago

DO NOT COPY THIS POST AS THIS IS EXCLUSIVE TO INDIA FORUMS

Was Khuyati revived by Vishnu after being killed?  Also, in the original, does it actually say that Vishnu went on to kill the asuras, or is it just implied?

Another question - was Bhrigu Vishnu's father-in-law?
Great update Akhl!👏
Today's episode was also better than the others. I'm happy they showed the story of Bhrigu's curse to Vishnu, because it explains another reason why Ram had to exile Sita. It seems as if the Sagars are coming back on track with the story, which is good. The ashram scene with Sitaji and the old women was also nicely done. Debina's looking more mother-like in recent episodes.
Originally posted by Chandraketu

Was Khuyati revived by Vishnu after being killed?  Also, in the original, does it actually say that Vishnu went on to kill the asuras, or is it just implied?

I think it says in the story of Lord Venkatesa that Sage Bhrigu was Maha Lakshmi's father, and he was roused to anger very quickly, like Durvasa.
Someone confirm this, as I don't know for sure.
Originally posted by Chandraketu

In Linga-puran theres a story of which says :

Khyati and Bhrigu had two sons, Dhata and Vidhata, and a daughter Shrii an incarnation of Lakshmi. Vidhata and Niyati's grandson was Vedashira; Vedashira's son was the famous Shukracharya , the guru of Asuras.

Shukracharya's mother was Usha (?) because Shukracharya is called by names 'Ushana' and 'Bhargava'

btw Valmiki , the tenth son of Pracheta is also a Bhrigu-vanshi, popularly called as Rksha Bhargava.

Originally posted by _Lalitha Janaki_

I think it says in the story of Lord Venkatesa that Sage Bhrigu was Maha Lakshmi's father, and he was roused to anger very quickly, like Durvasa.

Someone confirm this, as I don't know for sure.

In the story of Venkatesha incarnation of Vishnu, Bhrigu rishi kicks the chest of Vishnu in anger but in that story Lakshmi isn't still a daughter of Bhrigus. Lakshmi gets angry  n leaves Vishnu( because in his heart its she who resides and Bhrigu had insulted her but Vishnu spares Bhrigu) and undertakes penence in Karveerpur- todays Kolhapur, Maharashtra and there she kills an asur Kolhasur by name. Meanwhile Vishnu takes refuge in Venkatchala and thus goes the story of Shrinivasa-Venkatesha, situated at Tirupati.
Originally posted by ananyacool

In Linga-puran theres a story of which says :

Khyati and Bhrigu had two sons, Dhata and Vidhata, and a daughter Shrii an incarnation of Lakshmi. Vidhata and Niyati's grandson was Vedashira; Vedashira's son was the famous Shukracharya , the guru of Asuras.

Shukracharya's mother was Usha (?) because Shukracharya is called by names 'Ushana' and 'Bhargava'

btw Valmiki , the tenth son of Pracheta is also a Bhrigu-vanshi, popularly called as Rksha Bhargava.

In the story of Venkatesha incarnation of Vishnu, Bhrigu rishi kicks the chest of Vishnu in anger but in that story Lakshmi isn't still a daughter of Bhrigus. Lakshmi gets angry  n leaves Vishnu( because in his heart its she who resides and Bhrigu had insulted her but Vishnu spares Bhrigu) and undertakes penence in Karveerpur- todays Kolhapur, Maharashtra and there she kills an asur Kolhasur by name. Meanwhile Vishnu takes refuge in Venkatchala and thus goes the story of Shrinivasa-Venkatesha, situated at Tirupati.

Thanks for the story Ananya. Then who is Padmavathi Devi, whom Lord Venkatesa marries? I heard she was an incarnation of Bhoomi Devi. Is that true? And why was she married to Balaji instead of an incarnation of Lakshmi? And is Almelmanga Devi the combination of Lakshmi and Padmavathi? I also heard that Padmavathi was an incarnation of Chaya Sita. Is that true?
Sorry I'm full of questions, but the story of Venkatesa was always confusing to me.
Thanks for the beautiful update akhl 😊

Originally posted by _LalithaJanaki_

Thanks for the story Ananya. Then who is Padmavathi Devi, whom Lord Venkatesa marries? I heard she was an incarnation of Bhoomi Devi. Is that true? And why was she married to Balaji instead of an incarnation of Lakshmi? And is Almelmanga Devi the combination of Lakshmi and Padmavathi? I also heard that Padmavathi was an incarnation of Chaya Sita. Is that true?
Sorry I'm full of questions, but the story of Venkatesa was always confusing to me.

Thanks for the information Ananya. As Ananya said, Goddess Lakshmi gets angry and leaves Lord Vishnu. Though in that story, Goddess Lakshmi is not mentioned to be the daughter of sage Brighu, in a story I read elsewhere it was said that Sage Brighu after he came back to normal realised his fault of kicking Lord Vishnu where Devi Lakshmi recides and does penence for sevaral years in repentance. He says that if forgiven, Goddess Lakshmi must come to him as his daughter and kick him on his chest (like daughers and sons kick the father's chest when he cradles them). Hence, Goddess Lakshmi appeared in front of him as a baaby girl whom he brought up. Her name was Bhargavi. I am not sure if she had other names as well.

I will get back with the story of Lord Venkateshwara soon.
Edited by Vibhishna - 15 years ago
Originally posted by Vibhishna

Thanks for the beautiful update akhl 😊

Thanks for the information Ananya. As Ananya said, Goddess Lakshmi gets angry and leaves Lord Vishnu. Though in that story, Goddess Lakshmi is not mentioned to be the daughter of sage Brighu, in a story I read elsewhere it was said that Sage Brighu after he came back to normal realised his fault of kicking Lord Vishnu where Devi Lakshmi recides and does penence for sevaral years in repentance. He says that if forgiven, Goddess Lakshmi must come to him as his daughter and kick him on his chest (like daughers and sons kick the father's chest when he cradles them). Hence, Goddess Lakshmi appeared in front of him as a baaby girl whom he brought up. Her name was Bhargavi. I am not sure if she had other names as well.

I will get back with the story of Lord Venkateshwara soon.

Aww, thanks for the story. It is sweet.😃
Thank you Vibs for the story of 'Bhargavi'👏 Now waiting for the full  story of Venkatesha 😊 I vaguely remember watching the movie on Venkateshwara ....
Originally posted by ananyacool

Thank you Vibs for the story of 'Bhargavi'👏 Now waiting for the full  story of Venkatesha 😊 I vaguely remember watching the movie on Venkateshwara ....

I saw a Telugu Black and White NTR Movie called Venkatesa Mahatyam. It was pretty good, and pretty accurate for a movie.