Amitabh Bachchan reopens Asha Parekh hospital

ar78655 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 15 years ago
Amitabh Bachchan reopens Asha Parekh hospital

Amitabh Bachchan is always ready to support a good cause. Last week, he visited a cancer-stricken boy who wished to see him. This weekend he was called upon by Asha Parekh to reopen the hospital in Santa Cruz that's named after her.

"I've known Ashaji for a long time," he said, adding, "this hospital is at least 100 years old, if I am not mistaken. Earlier, this hospital was called BCJ, if any of you remember. Last week, Ashaji called me, and I just couldn't say no. Moreover, why would I say no to such a noble cause?"

The superstar also made a donation of Rs.11 lakh. "I have donated Rs.11 lakh to the hospital. They had some difficulties after the 2007 union strike. This is the hospital I was admitted to when I had just come to Mumbai. And today I feel proud that I can do something for this hospital," says Bachchan.

About Asha Parekh,Big B said, "I was always a big fan of Ashaji, especially in the films Chirag and Kati Patang. She was best suited opposite Rajesh Khanna and Shammi Kapoor, but we didn't get a chance to work together."

He added, "This hospital came to be named after her because of the interest she has taken, over the years, in its activities. And for the past two years, she has been fighting to get the hospital started up again. I am happy to lend her my support,"said Bachchan.

The hospital was shut down because of a spat between the hospital management and the employees' union in 2007. While it was officially opened on the 28th (March), they will only admit patients from April 10, 2009.

Link  http://www.starboxoffice.com/newsDetails.aspx?xfile=2009/March/News_20090331_157
Edited by Lubnavaishali - 15 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

swan20 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 15 years ago
good gesture.......👏
Cheetara thumbnail