wonderman thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Posted: 15 years ago
http://www.indianexpress.com/news/tube-talk/436010/

Mum's the word!
Mum's the word!
In conversation with Chitrapama, who plays Apara on Zee TV's Maa

How did you bag this role?
I was trying to make a comeback for a while now. I have worked with Neelima Bhattacharya (Shakuntalam Films) before. They had me in mind for this particular role. So, when they called me and narrated the concept I associated with it immediately. Given the fact that I had just become a mother, it appealed to me all the more.

Do you feel working in a daily soap hampers your personal life especially now that you have a baby?
Well not really because now I have achieved the work-life balance. My baby accompanies me to the sets. So I'm able to tend to her needs whenever required. Rather I would say right now I am enjoying the best of both the worlds. I feel more complete as a woman.

How much do you relate to the character of Apara in Maa ?
I relate to the character completely. In fact, I feel it was etched for me only. I am pretty much the same in my real life as well. I am a home bird. I love children and love tending to the needs of my family.

How has it been to work with your co-stars Amar Upadhyaya and Vinit Raina?
It has been wonderful! Both of them have been very helpful, especially Amar. Since he was playing the role of my husband in the show, he helped a lot to build up the husband-wife chemistry between us. Vinit is more playful in nature. He keeps on playing pranks whereas Amar is more serious types.

Reality Shows seem to be the flavour of the season. Have you considered being a part of these?
So far, I have not been approached for any reality show. But given an offer, I'm definitely game for it since I love both singing and dancing.

Any plans for the big screen?
Well, right now Maa is eating up all my time. But if I do get a worthy enough role I'll definitely consider.

What is your dream role?
Nothing as such. Whatever I do, I put my heart and soul into it. I am totally a director's actor hence at the end of the day if I can make my audience relate to my character, my job is done.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Cici09 thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Vineet and his prank playing. No wonder the kids are good at it. lol
Demilove thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Aww thanks. Great to know they all get along.