27 Mar: WRITTEN update: New found respect and love

ronitfan thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 15 years ago

27 March , 2009

RATING  - MAHA – AMMAZING

Please stay put for an update from a totally biased DM fanatic!

LOL

Okay then ,

The episode begins with DM coming home from the Panchayat after handing over the power to the judgment in the hands of Santo. He closes his room's door behind him and sadly looks at Subhadra's portrait ..

DM : You know Subhadra, I , Dharamraj, have always put justice above my own happiness and even above my family and relationships .. and I have been living under this enormous weight of the responsibility.. the responsibility to dispense a fair judgement .. leaving my emotions aside for so many years .. but today I lost , Subhadra .. today I am not the Malik of Dharampur .. today I am just a helpless father .. I no longer have the strength in me to be decision-maker and decide the fate of my own son .. I have made a mistake before  and I cant make it before .. I cant take this burden anymore .. that is why I have handed it to someone else to decide the punishment for our son … please give me the strength so that I can cope with the punishment meted out to Maulik ..

Maulik is pacing up and down in his room , totally restless .. and when it becomes too much for him, he takes the bottle of sleeping pills and tries taking them all at once, trying to snuff the life out of himself .. suicide.. Kaduu and Moti-ben come just in time and stop him .. Taru-ben slaps Maulik hard and he lands on the bed ..

T : What are you doing? WHAT are you doing?

M : I cant go to sleep Taru foi .. I cant go to sleep ..

T: You know why you cant go to sleep? Because all you can see is the noose hanging in front of your eyes .. that's why!

M : Do something for me Taru foi .. or let me die ..

Taru-ben slaps him again and reminds him that even though he's not born to her, she's still her mother .. she reminds him all the times that she ran after him when he didn't have his food, made him go to sleep , prayed at temples and went to doctors when he was ill ..

T : And all this for what? So that one fine day you end up your life ? Just like that?

Without thinking about me? Is that why I cared and loved you so much?? Listen to me Maulik .. .you know when you were small, I used to tell you stories of fairies and angels and you used to go to sleep in my lap, holding my saree .. the night your mother died , you slept like that … listening to a story .. and I when I tried to remove my saree from your little hand, you started crying inconsolably .. you said –"You don't leave me Taru foi .. atleast you don't leave me now.." And now YOU want to leave me just like that? You are MY son .. do you understand that? Do you know what people used to say behind my back? They said I love you because I don't have kids of my own .. but that is not true..you are my kid .. do you understand that?

M :  Please Taru foi .. do something for me .. pappa will not spare me tomorrow. .I don't want to die .. I don't want to die!

Moti-ben holds him tight and tells him that she'll go against her naanka if things go bad, but she wont let anything happen to him .. because if that happens, she'll die as well .. Kaduu blames it all on Santo .. Taruben tells her to stay with Maulik and leaves ..

_________

Taruben is in the hall, wondering what to do that will shield Maulik .. Champakali timidly comes and tells her to try talking to Santo because if she does, Santo will not do anything to Maulik … Champakali tells her to go to the kitchen and get some rat-poison in a glass. She  takes the glass and moves towards Santo's room … Champakali fears she's out to kill her and follows her ..

Taruben storms inside Santo's room and holds the glass in front of Santo ..

S : What is this?

M : Rat poison .. take this .. go to Maulik's room and make him drink this .. he tried taking an overdose of sleeping pills to kill himself .. go give  him this , atleast the death will not be painful .. it will be fast ..

She hands the glass to Santo who gets scared and drops it ..

M : You know what? Today I beg in front of you as a mother .. don't punish my maulik .. he is my son .. don't do anything for me .. don't punish him for all the bad things I have done to you ..

Saying so , she kneels down and takes out her jewelery and drops it on the floor –

M: You lost a cow, na? Take this jewelery … if you want more money, I will give it to you .. but spare my child .. you must be getting happy to see me in a condition like this ..

And let me tell you one thing – there is nothing more dear to a Mahiyavanshi than his self-esteem .. today I am keeping it all aside because today I have come to you as a mother.. when you become a mother, you will understand what trauma it is to see one's son die in front of a mother's eyes .. there is a mother inside every woman .. and I just want to tell you .. that tomorrow whatever decision you take, do not take it as a woman.. take it as a mother ..

Saying so, Taruben wipes her tears and leaves .. Champakali following suit .. Santo is saddened by the whole thing and it just increases her dilemma ..

_______

Santo goes inside the house with the jewels Taruben had left behind .. DM is sitting in the hall , handling some accounts, with his pen tucked behind his ear .. Santo comes inside and calls out to him .. he looks up and takes the pen from behind the ear and asks her what the matter is .. she keeps walking towards him .. he looks up and she places the little cloth containing the jewels in front of him, telling him that this belongs to Moti-ben ..he nods, expecting her to leave ..

S : Malik ..

M : Yes ..

S:  Malik, why have you put me in such a dilemma?

M: What dilemma? There is no dilemma… Maulik has committed a crime .. he has killed your mawdi .. you just have to decide on the punishment that's all ..

S: It is a dilemma Malik .. sentencing one's own ..

M : Chokri, Maulik is not one of your own ..

S : Alright , not mine .. but he is someone's apna .. the members of this house, they love him so much .. how am I going to do justice to him, when I will end up being the guilty of this house? I will not be able to do it ..

M : Listen to me chokri , you have to think only about what is fair .. don't think about emotions for they will make your decision all the more difficult .. just do what it is right.. don't think about the rest ..

Saying so, he closes his account books .. and seems to leave ..

S: Malik .. there is still a dilemma in my heart ..

M : Listen carefully chokri, with a position in society, there comes a responsibility as well.. to accuse someone as a commoner is a very easy thing to do .. but to be a Mahiyavanshi and dispense justice is very difficult .. this is the burden of being a Mahiyavanshi .. I handed over the power to you because you are a Mahiyanshi .. now you will have to learn to live with what comes with the position ..

DM is about to leave when Santo interrupts him again, stops him from behind ..

S: If that is so, bless me Malik.. and give me your ashirwad that will help me make the right decision ..

DM is stunned by her words and slowly turns around .. Santo walks to him and touches his feet.. DM touches her head in response and walks away .. Santo surrenders to her thoughts ..

At the panchayat,

DM announces that the time has come for a decision to be taken and calls Santo on the stage .. she walks towards his chair .. and he tells her in a low tone that now the pride of the Mahiyavanshis and the honor of this chair, all lies in her hand .. he goes and stands with everyone else .. Santo sits on the chair nervously ..

S: You all know why I am here .. the responsibility to take a decision has been entrusted to me .. but I want to tell you all one thing .. throughout my life, I have never taken my own decisions, always they have been taken by someone else .. my Nanaji has taken my decisions till now .. and he always used to say that the rule in Dharampur means blood for blood and a life for another .. so I think a similar punishment applies for Maulik Bhai..

Hiten argues vehemently and tells her to take a sane decision and that she cannot take one life for another and that is not justice.. Moti-ben in helplessness drags DM aside ..

M : Why did you give the power to her naanka? Now look what she is going to do .. you can still stop her naanka .. you can take back your words .. stop her naanka before she ends up doing something bad .. why did you take this step in the first place!

DM: Moti-ben .. I took this step because I saw truth in her eyes .. purity of truth .. I did this because I saw the wisdom in her to differentiate between right and wrong .. because I knew I would not be able to be impartial this time .. I have said enough.. now the chair of justice will speak .

Moti-ben leaves in her anger .. Maulik is weeping ..

S: Maulik bhai has killed our cow , but that was an accident .. and I agree that because of this, we cannot take his life when he did not intend to take mawdi's .. but because of him, one family has lost the love and comfort they used to get because of the cow .. Maulik Bhai must return the love .. the comfort ..

All the villagers are confused .. and wonder what she is saying and how it is possible ..

DM walks towards Santo and stops all the villagers, he understands what Chokri wants to say and continues on her behalf –

DM : Today this chokri has taught us a lesson .. today she has taught us something that even the malik of Dharampur did not understand in so many years .. a hand for a hand is no justice .. but the hand being a life-long support for the hand that is cut, THAT is justice.. Maulik has created a void in a family .. the void left behind by the cow, the income the family used to get because of the cow, will now be earned by Maulik and given to them with his own hard-work.. Maulik will live with Chokri's family for 2 months, just like they do, and support them .. Today this little girl has taught us an extremely important lesson .. and THIS is the new law of Dharampur ..

Saying so, DM adjourns the panchayat and everyone leaves with a new found respect for Santo ..

PRECAP : Santo is standing at the door with her little bag .. DM asks her how many clothes she'd got with herself .. she tells him '2 pairs' … DM tells her to pack two pair of MAulik's clothes in the same bag and that he will take it along with him to her house and live in the same conditions that her family does ..

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

ronitfan thumbnail
PS : SO sorry guys  - BAHUT lamba ho gaya !!
Dilwali89 thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Thanks a zillion, I was eagrley waiting for this. I hope next week Santo gets new clothes, hopefully DM will buy it for  her.Edited by Hope 89 - 15 years ago
Arziya thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Jimmy Jab Games Season 4 0 Thumbnail + 8
i was amazed..mast epi yaar...DM made santu's judement the new law of dharampur ...and hes back to calling  chokri in front of everyone...lol
ronitfan thumbnail

Thanks Erum & Hope!

Bandini rocks and rolls !
gawker thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
thanks for the detailed update. i missed parts thanks to hubby insisting on watching jhalak dikh la ja.

that was one eventful, surprising episode. moti-ben was a revelation. malik's chokri is earning his respect big time. good to see the 'santo vaghela bag' back in action.

bandini is amazing in that so much happens, and its way beyond what you can predict.
RonitPallaviNR thumbnail
Sukhs kya ROCKSuM epi tha yaar...
Now we know why Moti ben loves Maulik so much, because she raised him after Subhi's death, and Hiten was already old enough to take care of himself.
Moti ben finally accepting her crime to Santo LOL!!
and her judgment was simply awesome, so now one kabab mein haddi is gone LOL!! and now last but not the least my favorite scene...
the way she asks him for his blessings...gosh he looked too good in that scene, and the title track...i just love it!!
this was the best scene for me!!

awesome update Sukhs, as always...love  reading it.
sns23 thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail
Sukhi, i loved this episode so much that i would have stayed up till 5 to watch it again.. but the next repeat is the weekly one at 12.30 tomo...  LOVED IT... And brilliant update hun... Just wonderful stuff...
rpmenon thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
Rock n Roll Bandini!

Rocking Rocking episode!!

Hate to burst the bubble at this time,but a bad thought crossed my mind..I read somewhere here in the forum that when DM-Santu starts living their married life,Khemi enters with a child and entrusts the child with Santu...

I was wondering if this maulik is going to mislead khemi in some way...especially when he is going to live with them now...

Well,as of now,me super happy!

👍🏼
soko thumbnail

thank u vey much Sukhi

I hope Maulik ka dimak tikane pe ayegi