Views

Users

Frequent Posters

ROBlicious. thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 14 years ago
Anuu What a great job yaar =)
Your soo creative =)
I just saw your SS right now and they are awsomeeeeeeeee Plus your FF's rock too =)
You such and awsomeee writer yaar great job =)
Next time please PM meee Pleaseeeeeeee =)
Love Ayysha
Anhdara13 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
The second birthday shot! I shall write the third one soon, I hope. I have a story idea.

It's more of an experimental piece, so I apologise in advance.

Enjoy!

-|Ek Duje Ke Vaaste|-

Once upon a time, there was a girl who believed in Love. In another part of the world, there was a boy who believed only in what he could see. The girl grew up with the faith that somewhere out there in the world there was someone who was made just for her. The boy scoffed at the idea of Soulmates, believing instead that relationships arose from people getting to know one another.

The girl grew up to be sweet, kind and beautiful. Despite being raised abroad, she was cultured and traditional. Her parents adored her, and as she reached a marriageable age, they began to search for someone their daughter could love, and who would cherish their daughter as much as they did. Someone who would treat her as she should be, like a Princess. As for the girl, she dreamt of the day her Knight in Shining Armour would whisk her onto his steed and ride off into the sunset together.

The boy grew up to be compassionate, smart and handsome. He was of a traditional sort, not romantic in any way. He left the matters of the heart alone, keeping to his books and business, quickly becoming one of the most successful businessmen in India. His parents worried that their son would never grace their lives with a grandchild, and so began to search for a suitable bride for him. He was not interested in this, so he left the decision up to them. He did not need to worry about marriage and relationships. All the potential girls needed to know was that he was a straight-forward kind of guy, for whom work was extremely important.

The girl's family could not find a boy good enough for their darling in Canada, so they broadened their search. The girl's heart raced as she heard that they were going to India, wondering if maybe she would find her Prince there, finally, after years of waiting for him. They met many families, but not one of the men were her Right Guy. She would have grown disillusioned were she anyone else. But she knew she had to wait, because Someday, she would meet the Man of her Dreams.

The boy grew tired of constantly meeting different girls. They all began to blend together, faces melding. All were the same, superficial and too modern for his family's taste. He ached to get back to his work, wanting away from this long line of pretty faces who had no substance.

Then one day, the boy saw the girl, and for the first time in his life, he could not explain what happened. She was pretty, and simple, and unlike anyone he had ever met before. The girl had taken one look at him, and had known, he was The One.

Their families had agreed to the alliance even before the boy could figure out what he was feeling. When her hand was placed in his, he began to Believe.

Fairy Tales exist, in the unlikeliest of places. Prem Juneja fell in Love At First Sight, and Zahra got her Happily Ever After.

-||-

Do let me know, honestly, what you think.

Love,
Radz

Edited by Anhdara13 - 13 years ago
indiandoll89 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 3
Awww the one for Maddy was so totally cute!!! I loved the adorableness of the whole thing!😃😳

indiandoll89 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 3
OMG! The one for Z was sooo cool! 😃 I loved the concept! 😃😳
Anhdara13 thumbnail
@ Ayysha: Thank you so much, that's so sweet.

@ Meera: Thanks so much Meera! *hug*

Love,
Radz

ash08 thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
Radz, Awwwww.......... so sweet!! That was uber cute. Loved both of them. Hope Maddy and Zahra had a wonderful birthday!
Anhdara13 thumbnail
Thanks Ashie! I hope they love it too. :)

Love,
Radz

Anhdara13 thumbnail
It's been quite awhile since I've posted a oneshot, but Bhav wanted a shot with a song by Michael Buble. So here's Save The Last Dance For Me. I do hope you enjoy it!

-||-

"I cannot believe you talked me into this," Bhavna hissed to the girl standing next to her.

"I couldn't very well come alone now could I?" Meera retorted. "That'd just be sad."

"But did I have to come?" Bhavna whined. "Could you not have asked Radz, or Shifali, or someone who does not have two left feet?"

Meera shot the younger girl a look. "You do not have two left feet. And they'd all embarrass the heck out of me, drooling over whoever we might get paired with."

Bhavna snorted. "And I wouldn't?"

Meera acquiesced that Bhavna would in fact drool. "But you wouldn't be as embarrassing because most of the time, you actually listen to me."

The other girl crossed her arms over her chest and pouted at the injustice of it all. Then the doors opened again and more people filtered into the room. A head of sandy blonde hair attracted her attention, and her breath caught in her throat. That may have been the most beautiful pair of eyes she had ever seen in her life.

She prayed fervently that she would not be paired with the attractive young man on the other side of the room. She snuck him a glance, and her cheeks reddened when she caught his eye. Bhavna looked away quickly, missing the small tilt of his lips when he had seen her. She thanked all the powers that were when she was partnered with someone other than her Mr. Handsome. There was no way she would want to step on his feet.

~~~~~

By the third lesson, Bhavna had learnt Mr. Handsome's name. Nathaniel Archibald, more commonly known as Nate. She had yet to speak with him, and had yet to dance with him. She shied away from his side of the room whenever they were put in pairs. While she stepped on her partner's feet with less frequently, being in such close proximity with Mr. Handsome would be disastrous to her health, and his insteps.

Meera had of course seen the way her eyes lingered on the tall frame of Mr. Handsome, and never failed to tease her about it. And this meant that the rest of their friends knew about Bhavna's not-so-secret crush. Some of them had threatened to join the class in order to embarrass the heck out of the poor girl if she did not at least talk to the man. So today, Bhavna had her first conversation with Nate Archibald.

"I think this is yours," Bhavna bit her lip, holding out the jacket Nate had forgotten on the bench.

"Thanks," his voice sent shivers down her spine. She shot him a tight smile, and quickly walked away.

Standing so close had been tough, she was so glad she was not dancing with him. She had a feeling it would not be pretty.

~~~~~

By the end of the course, Bhavna had learnt that she had a decent sense of rhythm. And to the relief of her meddling friends, had had a handful of conversations with Nate, though they were mostly only a few sentences long, and revolved around the most inane of topics, such as the weather.

The instructor had decided to throw them a party on their last day. Bhavna sat herself at a table in the corner after some twenty minutes of dancing with Meera. She missed the smirk that crossed the elder girl's face when she noticed a certain pair of blue eyes that never left Bhavna's form since they entered. Humming under her breath, Bhavna started when Nate settled himself into the chair next to her's.

"Is there a reason you're sitting alone at a party?" He grinned at her, and Bhavna fought the urge to fan herself.

She settled for shrugging. "I just, wanted to watch."

Nate nodded. "So if I asked you to dance, you'd say no?"

She looked at him in slight shock. "Would you want me to say no?" she managed to ask. She was a little stunned as to how flirty she was being, but was enjoying the high being in Nate's presence was giving her.

"No," Nate averted his eyes bashfully. "I'd be hoping you said yes."

Despite the heat that rushed to her cheeks, Bhavna managed to keep her voice steady when she replied. "I guess you'd have to ask to find out."

Nate got up from his chair and knelt in front of her. Bhavna swallowed thickly as he held out a hand and smiled at her. "Could I have this dance?"

She slipped her hand into his. "Definitely."

She let him lead her onto the dance floor and they began to sway to the music. She forgot to concentrate on not stepping on his feet, too lost in his eyes. Being in his arms was intoxicating, and she wondered why she had avoided it earlier.

At the end of the song, Bhavna pulled away reluctantly. Nate kept a hold on her hand though, and kissed it gently.

"If I ask you to dinner, would you say no?" There was a teasing glint in his eyes, and what Bhavna thought was hope.

She grinned, "You'd have to ask to find out."

Nate chuckled. "Would you do me the honour of dinner tomorrow night?"

Bhavna ducked her head in a nod. "I'd love to."

Dancing with Nate had been an experience. She could not wait for dinner with him.

-||-

Well, Bhav, hope it lived up to your expectations!

Do let me know what you think.

Love,
Radz

sourpuss thumbnail
*blushes crazily* Ohmygosh. *giggles* I can't even form a coherent sentence right now, but ohmygosh this was so the awesomest thing ever. *hugs* You know, I was totally expecting a Meet shot, but this one? *blushes again* Way better.

You're my bestest friend ever. Don't tell Meera. Shhh.

*hugs*

Love,
Bhav (:
Anhdara13 thumbnail
I know you were expecting a Meet shot, but, I wasn't planning to write it on Meet anyways! this was the reaction I wanted. I'm so glad you liked it Bhav! And I won't tell Meera, yet. haha. *hug*

Love,
Radz